• "Star Trek: Discovery"

The first images are here:
    http://trekmovie.com/2017/05/17/brea...rek-discovery/

Highlander: Dark Places

I want to see a Klingon for Trek's Sake

Comment

Originally posted by Hatter76 View Post
      I want to see a Klingon for Trek's Sake
      I guess these were debunked, weren't they?

Comment

just saw the Trailer, those are definitely in there, question is whether or not they are Specifically an Ancient race of Klingons

Comment

https://youtu.be/4dxe_ugmIVM

Comment

Comment

Gah... you're right. They're legit Klingons...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                Gah... you're right. They're legit Klingons...

Not My Klingons!

Comment

I can't wait to see it. I have already paid my subscription to CBS All Access so I would be ready.....lol (not an eager bone in my body....lol) And Jason Isaacs ((Zachary Blaine) is in it.
                  Last edited by Lady_CJ; 05-19-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Those are KINO (Klingons in name only)!

Well, it's supposed to take place 10 years before TOS, and yet it looks so obviously inspired by JJ's movies with all the lens flares and dutch angles and the general designs that it's difficult to accept it as part of the series continuity...

Besides that it looks pretty (except for the Klingons 3.0 that are an abomination) but cold, and so far I'm not impressed with the acting.
                    But then good space operas are so few these days that I won't miss it, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Kirk View Post
                      Those are KINO (Klingons in name only)!

Well, it's supposed to take place 10 years before TOS, and yet it looks so obviously inspired by JJ's movies with all the lens flares and dutch angles and the general designs that it's difficult to accept it as part of the series continuity...

Besides that it looks pretty (except for the Klingons 3.0 that are an abomination) but cold, and so far I'm not impressed with the acting.
                      But then good space operas are so few these days that I won't miss it, of course.
                      What do you mean? These are ancient Klingons. It's not like we ever saw a clone of Kahless himself come to life and look just like the TNG Klingons and... oh. Right. We did.

Comment

The explanation given in Ent for the flatheaded Klingons seen in TOS was already hard to swallow, now I wonder how they're gonna explain this... (Though I'm pretty sure they just won't)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Kirk View Post
                          The explanation given in Ent for the flatheaded Klingons seen in TOS was already hard to swallow, now I wonder how they're gonna explain this... (Though I'm pretty sure they just won't)
                          Well, the ENT thing means that when you see a flat-headed Klingon between ENT and during TOS, there is an explanation. It doesn't mean ALL of them got infected. These guys look like what Remans are to Romulans... very strange choice. Between this and Abrams wanting to give the Klingons all Predator masks, it's like TPTB are embarassed about having actual Klingons.

Comment

Someone in the Star Trek Discovery group on Facebook posted a picture of a Klingon from TNG and one of the ones from Discovery and if you put scraggly hair on the Discovery Klingon they look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_CJ View Post
                              Someone in the Star Trek Discovery group on Facebook posted a picture of a Klingon from TNG and one of the ones from Discovery and if you put scraggly hair on the Discovery Klingon they look the same.
                              But they have, like, double nostrils and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

But they have, like, double nostrils and such.
                                Then just put scraggly nose hair in the second nostrils and you're fine again!

Comment

New trailer from Comic Con. Really... doesn't look like Star Trek to me. And the ships are firing Star Wars-like turbolasers again, like in the Abrams stuff.

Comment

Yeah, those aren't klingons. So many one-episode aliens in the original series and they have to call that a klingon?

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                                      Yeah, those aren't klingons. So many one-episode aliens in the original series and they have to call that a klingon?
                                      It's so weird. It's like they want to use the Klingons so bad because they're so iconic to Trek... yet they're so embarassed about them. But the Klingons are like the least un-cool thing about Trek. Sooo weird.

Comment

So far not so good. Technology is too advanced and the Klingons are too Toad looking.
                                        Last edited by Haplo; 10-02-2017, 09:15 AM.
                                        Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

I'm not impressed either. I get it that this is pre neutral zone, and we're likely going to get the story of how they arrived at the neutral zone treaty, but meh. Starfleet ethics? Well, they're explaining why Kirk played fast and loose with the rules at times, but a yahoo wrote their rules.

Comment

I will see episode 3 when I can!

Comment

Episode 3 has a shuttle capable of warp! They didn't even have that in TNG which was long after ToS lol Oi Vey
                                              Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Originally posted by Haplo View Post
                                                Episode 3 has a shuttle capable of warp! They didn't even have that in TNG which was long after ToS lol Oi Vey
                                                Seriously? That's terrible...

Comment

Episode three- This spore travel thing strikes me as string theory. String theory mashed together with microscopic biology? Perfectly within Star Trek's usual modus operandi to base such babble on the edges of modern research, but the demonstration seemed to be more like 1960's psychic spy research, specifically the so-called 'distant viewing' psychic power.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X