• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clerks III

Surprisingly, still happening:

https://lrmonline.com/news/kevin-smi...nces-clerks-3/
    Highlander: Dark Places

I know he posted a photo of the script almost a decade ago. I just saw the post with him, Mewes, and Anderson and it seemed like things were finally in place.

Now don't I feel optimistic about this one...

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolfEmperor View Post
      I know he posted a photo of the script almost a decade ago. I just saw the post with him, Mewes, and Anderson and it seemed like things were finally in place.

Now don't I feel optimistic about this one...
      That was a different incarnation of Clerks 3 that fell apart when the Randall actor ran afoul of him, or vice versa. Now they're cool again and Smith is doing a new script for it.

But no... not terribly optimistic. Kevin Smith couldn't even get Mallrats 2 funded.

Comment

I never knew Mall Rats 2 was being discussed. I liked Clerks 2 but that's because it was a good story that actually advanced the characters and I was happy with the ending. I can't see how Clerks 3 would do any better. I suppose we'll see Dante's child, who would be ten by now, getting into an argument with Randal over which Star Wars movies were the best. And by now, Jay and Silent Bob trying to sell weed to kids would be way over the border of creepy at their age. Unless they become legitimate business owners, now that weed is legal. That'd be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolfEmperor View Post
          I never knew Mall Rats 2 was being discussed.
          Yeah, it almost got made. https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...can-t-get-made

I can't believe it's been 13 years since Clerks 2. Yeah, I'd imagine part 3 would be about having kids and parental problem type of stuff. I don't know that I'm super excited about that, but I'd give it a watch.

Comment

I liked Clerks I and II. They are not my favorite View Askew films (love Dogma), but I will watch CIII if Kevin Smith can pull it off.

Comment

Working...
            X