Highlander Movies Trivia Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlander Movies Trivia Questions

Post a trivia question relating to one of the movies. Add your response to that question in the comments. Then post your own trivia question.

1) Name the different women Connor was involved with in each film and the actress that played her.

Comment

Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
      1) Name the different women Connor was involved with in each film and the actress that played her.
      I think I will just answer for the original Highlander movie. After a bit of Wikipedia research, in chronological order:

"Celia Imrie as Kate MacLeod, Connor's lover in 1536, before he met Heather

Beatie Edney as Heather MacLeod, Connor's first wife

Sheila Gish as Rachel Ellenstein, Connor's middle-aged secretary and adopted daughter (As I recall, whether or not Rachel was ever Connor's lover is a question that is not answered)

Roxanne Hart as Brenda Wyatt, a forensic scientist and published metallurgy expert helping to investigate the string of beheadings in New York City"

My trivia question:

What was Connor's pejorative nickname for Juan Sánchez-Villalobos Ramírez in the original movie? Hint: You look like a woman you _____________

Comment

Hi Cyrus!
        Thank you for reloading this nice game! I hope Colleengael is doing fine, she's not writing anymore, since the pandemic. Does somebody have news?

I think the nickname you're talking about is "haggis", "stupid haggis"!
        Ramírez finds eating this dish "revolting", although Sean Connery was Scottish!

Connor also calls him "Spanish peacock", that suits Ramírez very well with his colors and feathers.

About Connor's lovers, in Highlander II there is Louise Marcus, played by Virginia Madsen.
        Fortunately we are not asked about Duncan's lovers! As Connor said Duncan has "all the fun and most of the good women".

Here's my related trivia question:
        Name the women the Kurgan was involved with!

Comment

Hi Michel

You are welcome and thanks for playing!

To answer your question:

Heather MacLeod was raped by the Kurgan after he killed Ramirez.

Candy played by Corinne Russell, who the Kurgan toyed with (I was never sure if she left there alive!) in the hotel.

The old woman in the car that the Kurgan rips the top off, who he referred to as "Mom", was played by Helena Stevens.

Brenda Wyatt was kidnapped by Kurgan as bait to force Connor to fight him.

That's all that I can think of.

Next question:

Who was Connor's best friend back in his Scottish village before he became immortal?

Comment

Good job Cyrus!

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post

Candy played by Corinne Russell, who the Kurgan toyed with (I was never sure if she left there alive!) in the hotel.
            Candy obviously had the time to escape his claws, as she had the opportunity to tell that guy at the reception desk that the Kurgan was kind of "kinky"!

I let somebody else answer your last question, the more the merrier!

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
              Cyrus The Great commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, you're right about Candy! I remember the scene at the reception desk now. It's probably time for me to re-watch the movie and refresh my memory.

Hi Michel

Next question:

Who was Connor's best friend back in his Scottish village before he became immortal?
            Angus MacLeod. The Clansman (chieftain I presume) who 'saved' Connor by banishing him, rather than being burnt at the stake.

My question: In the first Highlander film name the immortal who is mentioned by the police to Connor during the interrogation scene.

Comment

I really enjoyed James Cosmo as Angus.

The police were questioning Connor regarding the decapitated body of Iman Fasil (portrayed by Peter Diamond) found in the parking garage of Madison Square Garden.

Next question: Who said, "Angus pees his kilt all the time!" ?

Comment

That would have been Dugal.

What was Heather's last request of Connor?

Comment

Heather asked Connor to light a candle every year on her birthday to remember her.

Next Question: Who was the love of Ramírez's life?

Comment

Next Question: Who was the love of Ramírez's life?
                    The Japanese princess, Shakiko.

Next Question; What year did Ramirez find Connor? The year isn't strictly mentioned in Highlander but you can work it out if you listen carefully to Ramirez

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Katana View Post

Next Question; What year did Ramirez find Connor? The year isn't strictly mentioned in Highlander but you can work it out if you listen carefully to Ramirez
                      First, let me thank you for giving me a reason to watch the movie again, it had been a few years. Ok. I think I have worked out the answer, mainly from two different scenes.

Near the beginning of the movie, we have the first flashback scene. The MacLeods are marching from their clan castle to go to war with another clan. Marching in front of the line is a priest. The priest proclaims the year as 1536. What follows is the battle where the Kurgan mortally wounds Connor, triggering his immortality. Connor died, then miraculously rose, and was driven out of MacLeod territory shortly after the battle.

In a later flashback scene, right after Ramirez first met Connor, he said, "You are Connor MacLeod, wounded in battle and driven from your village in Glenfinnan five years ago."

So, adding five years to 1536, I get the year 1541 to answer your question.

Next Question: How old was Ramirez when he met Connor?

Comment

First, let me thank you for giving me a reason to watch the movie again, it had been a few years. Ok. I think I have worked out the answer, mainly from two different scenes.

Near the beginning of the movie, we have the first flashback scene. The MacLeods are marching from their clan castle to go to war with another clan. Marching in front of the line is a priest. The priest proclaims the year as 1536. What follows is the battle where the Kurgan mortally wounds Connor, triggering his immortality. Connor died, then miraculously rose, and was driven out of MacLeod territory shortly after the battle.

In a later flashback scene, right after Ramirez first met Connor, he said, "You are Connor MacLeod, wounded in battle and driven from your village in Glenfinnan five years ago."

So, adding five years to 1536, I get the year 1541 to answer your question.

Next Question: How old was Ramirez when he met Connor?

Bang on, Cyrus! Well done!

To answer your question. Ramirez states that he was born 2437 years ago.

Next question: what brand of trainer/sneaker does Connor wear in the 'present day' New York scenes?

Comment

You are correct sir!

I tried to identify Connor's modern day shoes from scenes in the movie, but I didn't recognize the pattern (definitely not Nikes! ). So, I tried googling. Several links identify his shoes as Diadora Borg Elite Trainers. I have never heard of this brand of shoes!

Next Question: There is a hilarious flashback scene where an apparent English aristocrat is dueling Connor with rapier-like swords after Connor insulted his wife. Connor is really drunk and can barely stand. Now many times did the dishonored Englishman run Connor through?

Comment

You are correct sir!

I tried to identify Connor's modern day shoes from scenes in the movie, but I didn't recognize the pattern (definitely not Nikes! ). So, I tried googling. Several links identify his shoes as Diadora Borg Elite Trainers. I have never heard of this brand of shoes!

Next Question: There is a hilarious flashback scene where an apparent English aristocrat is dueling Connor with rapier-like swords after Connor insulted his wife. Connor is really drunk and can barely stand. Now many times did the dishonored Englishman run Connor through?
                            Yes, Diadora is an Italian sports brand that was fairly popular in the 80s and 90s. I've got a pair of Diadora Borg Elites that are similar to Connor's (they're reproductions as the original trainers cost a fortune).

To answer your question I was playing the scene in my mind and I came to 5 run throughs. I then re-watched the scene and it's actually 6! Not a bad estimation!

Next question; what was the last sentence Kurgan said in the film?

Comment

I had to re-watch the scene twice. Several of the run throughs happened so fast that I got five the first time. But, six it was indeed!

The last sentence the Kurgan said was, "So now it ends!"

Next Question: What was the drink that Kastagir shared with Connor on the bridge?

Comment

From memory: "Boom-boom" Basically moonshine, screech, firewater. It goes by many names.

Should be an easy from-memory one: What band plays the song for the theme? (Princes of the Universe.)

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post

Should be an easy from-memory one: What band plays the song for the theme? (Princes of the Universe.)
                                  HERE WE ARE! BORN TO BE KINGS! Queen did the theme.

Next question; what year was the first Highlander film set in (modern day New York scenes)?

Comment

Working...
                                  X