Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1ST ROUND:

Connor MacLeod in a mercy killing.

Darius - The General has a relatively easy fight. He wouldn't kick Carter in the junk like Richie did though.

David Keogh - Without a gun, Carlos is pretty helpless.

Damon Case - It will be a good fight. Case lives for the fight and nothing else. Even with her voice trick, Cassandra wouldn't win.
    "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

1. Claudia Ja...nah, can't even finish that with a straight face. Connor wins in record time.

2. Darius - I feel like Darius was probably a great fighter in his day, but the evolution of swordfighting since his prime is such that most modern masters and near-masters would be able to take him. Fortunately for him, Wellan is nowhere near that status.

3. Keogh - Ugh, I can't believe the very first round since the return of the FotD is forcing me to vote for this turd. Aragorn, you did this on purpose, didn't you? J/K. Keogh was incredibly poor, but at least he's fought on his own before. No evidence that Carlos has ever fought outside the safe confines of Kell's posse, and he wasn't one of the ones (i.e. Manny, Winston, Jin Ke obviously) who showed any skill. Keogh gets my extremely reluctant vote. I think I need a shower.

4. Case - Cassandra looked fairly poor in her fight against Kronos. Not sure whether that was due to the gulf in skill levels or whether she was just that reliant on her powers of persuasion. Either way, Case was more than competent.

God, it's great to have this back...cheers everyone!

Comment

Results

Connor MacLeod d. Claudia Jardine
        Darius d. Carter Wellan
        David Keogh d. Carlos (Endgame)
        Damon Case d. Cassandra

Comment

1st Round

Charles Browning vs. Cracker Bob

Ceirdwyn vs. Dallman Ross

Claude Deveraux vs. Corda (Raven)

Caspian vs. Danny Cimoli

Comment

Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
            1st Round

Caspian vs. Danny Cimoli
            1. Charles Browning vs. Cracker Bob is an interesting fight because of the fact that Browning is physically stronger than Cracker Bob but also ridiculously slow.
            I'm tempted to give it to Cracker Bob because I think Brownings strategy of partying and then ambushing would not work with Cracker Bob. On the other hand Browning was a warrior who fought in quite a few wars according to his bio. They'd exchange a couple cynical quips and the first one to get lucky wins it, as opportunists do. It's probably 50/50 but I like Cracker Bob more therefore Winner: Cracker Bob.

2. Ceirdwyn vs. Dalman Ross is basically putting Dalman Ross out of his misery. Winner: Ceirdwyn

3. Claude Deveraux vs. Andre Korda is another fairly easy fight because Claude Devereux is not that easy to impress with fancy theatrics. Unless confined to a small space Devereux would take this fight. Winner: Claude Devereux.

4. Caspian vs. Danny Cimoly probably takes some time because Caspian would torture Cimoly and cut him up into tiny pieces before beheading him. Winner: Caspian
            May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Charles Browning - I don't see Bob beating many.

Ceirdwyn

Claude Deveraux

Caspian - Kill 'em and grill 'em.
              "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

1. Charles Browning - Bob was pathetic. A nail-studded bat? Is it even possible to behead someone with that? Browning wins by default.
                2. Ceirdwyn - Ross wasn't a fighter. Ceirdwyn would make it short and sweet.
                3. Devereaux - Despite his buildup and the actor playing him, Korda in the end wasn't much. Devereaux got a bad break, ambushed in a tight space by someone he had blind hatred for. I think with space and time to prepare himself, he'd do much better.
                4. Caspian - Yikes.

Comment

You guys explanations on these fights is so much fun, you are all making me laugh a lot. New fights in the morning

Comment

1st Round

Agreeing that in general Browning's going to win. Bob is pretty useless; less so than Browning. VOTE: Browning

I don't think Ceirdwyn takes Ross as easily as Duncan did but fairly easily. VOTE: Ceirdwyn

Actually going to vote for Corda; I think he was decent. He seemed to have his tricks; Amanda just out smarted him ... and beat him with some fans. lol. He's still going to lose but that's okay: VOTE: Corda

Caspian vs. Danny Cimoli

Yeah this is horrible: Caspian

Comment

1st Round matches:

Christoph Kuyler vs. Cory Raines

John Garrick vs. Johnny K

Ingrid Henning vs. Kate Devaney (who?)

Jim Coltec vs. Kamir

Comment

1st Round matches:

Jim Coltec vs. Kamir
                        1. Christophe Kuyler will take this. He's more athletic and calculating.
                        Christophe makes people laugh and I will be more than happy to get rid of Cory Raines' 'comedy'. Winner: Christophe Kuyler

2. John Garrick was a decent fighter as is Johnny K.
                        Garrick would be better in mind games and Johnny K is without most of his arsenal. I'm unsure how Garrick would hold up against dual weapons so I'll give it to Johnny K. Winner: Johnny K.

3. Ingrid Henning has a knack for assassinating famous people who commit crimes against humanity. I have faith in her abilities to stop Kate Devaney. Winner: Ingrid Henning

4. Jim Coltec was a delusional low opportunist who couldn't cope with the Game. Kamir was a skilled assassin. Coltec stands no chance. Winner: Kamir

Comment

Also it's a wonderful coincidence that all fights in this set have an assassin.

Comment

Kate is Duncan's woman in Endgame.

Christoph Kuyler - Cory was a goof. Kuyler would slaughter him.

John Garrick - With no guns or mind tricks, I think Garrick takes it.

Ingrid Henning - Kate struck me as pretty weak.

Kamir - This would be a good fight. I think Kamir takes it.

Comment

1. Kuyler - I'm guessing Cory avoided Immortal fights for the most part. He was probably serviceable, but Kuyler was no slouch. The mime takes it in a halfway decent bout.
                              2. Garrick - I was never too impressed by Johnny K...learning to fight by watching pirate films? WTF. Garrick would beat him handily, so long as he keeps a level head.
                              3. Henning - We never saw Ingrid fight, but she's got a certain toughness to her. Plus her line about taking Immortal lives when she's had to. All Kate knows how to do is pout and high kick.
                              4. Kamir - Despite his reputation as a vanquisher of evil Immortals, Coltec didn't strike me as all that great a fighter. In fact, he looked pretty bad in each of his Dark Quickening-influenced fights with MacLeod. Kamir looked damn solid.

Comment

Nice, I now wonder what will happen if the score ties... It's possible Aragorn votes for Johnny K.

Comment

1st Round matches:

So, my gut tells me that Raines would win. But I don't have ANY evidence to back up that he can fight. Kuyler was just crappy. He likes to kill from a distance. And he had Duncan without a weapon in the flash back and couldn't do crap. He had his home location on Duncan in present day; had the ability to fight under his terms and got completely schooled. I think Kuyler is poor at best. But I have no information that states Raines could fight; not even boasting about "taking a few heads" here or there. So reluctantly I'm going to give it to Kuyler. VOTE: Kuyler

John Garrick took out Richie in like 3 moves. That's enough to take Johnny K. I know we used to tease his "I watched a few pirate movies" comment but I don't literally think he learned his moves from them. I think that was just his clever way of saying he is self taught which means he sucks. lol. VOTE: Garrick

Is this Kate from End Game? If so, Ingrid. As Jedi said at least we know Ingrid has fought and won some fights. VOTE: Ingrid

Jim Coltec vs. Kamir

I generally agree with the consensus here. I don't think Coltec's bad, I think he's actually much better than we give him credit for. Thing is when he's not "evil" I think he's probably a much more focused fighter. When you're fighting out of anger or hatred I don't think you fight the same. I don't think dark quickening Coltec is the best version of him by far. That being said, Kamir is pretty good and I think I've had more of a chance to see him fight at his best. VOTE: Kamir

Comment

1st Round Matches:

John Durgan vs. Juan Ramirez

Ivan Kristov vs. Kassim

Jean Phillipe de LeFaye III vs. Kane

Jin Ke vs. Kage / John Kirin

Comment

Juan Ramirez

Kassim - This is the one fight in this round that will last more than 10 seconds. Kristov might be able to go a minute. But in the end, Kassim takes him.

Kane

Jin Ke

Comment

1st Round Matches:

Ivan Kristov vs. Kassim

1. Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez will take this fairly easy. He is a much more sophisticated fighter. Winner: Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez.
                                        2. Ivan Kristov wasn't that great and probably will be on the defence from the get go. Winner: Kassim
                                        3. Jean Phillipe de LeFaye III just has no luck, he's supposedly a very skilled swordsman but so far he has nothing to show that his bragging holds any truth. Kane will obliterate him. Winner: Kane
                                        4. Jin Ke is much faster and John Kirin probably didn't have much practise after his conversion to good. The fight will be fast and short. Winner: Jin Ke.

Comment

Ramirez unquestionably wins this but I don't think it's over super quick. I think he'll pick Durgan apart and eventually pick up the win. VOTE: Ramirez

Ivan Kristov vs. Kassim

I agree that this fight isn't really in any doubt but I still think it would go a bit. Kristov wasn't bad but he was arrogant and underestimated Richie which is why he lost. I still argue that at the time they fought, Kristov was better than Richie (skill wise) but his ego cost him the fight. Plus credit to Richie for being adaptive. I am certain Kassim wins this fight but I think it would carry on for a couple of minutes. I don't think Kristov would lose because of his ego, I think he'd lose because Kassim is better. VOTE: Kassim

I think Jean Phillipe would do okay but I agree that Kane would cut him down. VOTE: Kane

Of the four fights I think the gap in skill is the least here, though I think Jin Ke is arguably the worst match up for Kage of anyone in the tournament. Kage uses a gladius (seen in the flashback) which is just NOT the best weapon to deal with a fight MUCH faster using a polearm. Just a terrible match up. And while the skill difference is the least of these four fights I think this one would be over the quickest. VOTE: Jin Ke

Comment

All fights are 3-0 so I'll move on.

Comment

Round 1 Fights:

Jason Talbot vs. Kanwulf

Michelle Webster vs. Mikey Bellow

Michael Kent vs. Morgan Walker

Matthew McCormick vs. Nicholas Ward

Comment

Round 1 Fights:

Jason Talbot vs. Kanwulf

Jason Talbott didn't get much screen time, he was supposedly fairly good but Xavier cheated.
                                                Kanwulf is old and delusional and not good with an axe. I really dislike the character but I think he'll win aginst Talbott. Winner: Kanwulf

Michelle Webster was trained by Amanda. Mikey was Mikey. Mikey loses eventually but Michelle would need quite a few hacks to cut through. Winner: Michelle Webster

This is a great match up. Similar characters and styles. In the end I think Morgan Walker to be the more emotional, which will be his downfall. Winner: Micheal Kent

McCormick, legendary FBI agent known by reputation only versus Nicholas Ward, one of the few to beat Duncan McLeod. It'll be a great fight and proof that good doesn't beat great. McCormick can't wrap his head around Wards defence and subsequently loses his head. Winner: Nicholas Ward
                                                Last edited by Nicholas Ward; 07-02-2017, 12:28 AM. Reason: Wrong name

Comment

1. Kanwulf - Hard to vote for a guy like Talbot with no indication that he was any good. Kanwulf was a schmuck, but he hung for a little while with Season 4 Duncan so that gives him the edge in my book.
                                                  2. Webster - Mikey's stronger for sure, but would he know how to take her head even if he had her on the ropes? Tough question...I'm willing to hear other takes on it, but I'm guessing he won't be able to seal the deal.
                                                  3. Kent - He was quite a handful and was only beaten by Duncan's ridiculously impossible "catch the blade" move. In his fight with Methos, Walker didn't show me much.
                                                  4. Ward - Because we saw that Nicholas was very good, and Aerie's not here to save McCormick.

Comment

Round 1 Fights:

Jason Talbot vs. Kanwulf

Yeah, Kanwulf kinda wins by default. I'm sure Talbot was better but we've no evidence. VOTE: Kanwulf

I'm actually going with Mikey. Michelle will end up better but we've got nothing canon to say she's learned anything yet. For all we know she flamed out. Mikey is aware that immortals die via beheading. He saw Tyler King take out Alan Wells and he was aware that he had to put his neck on the tracks. I just think Webster is going to need a lot of training before she's able to beat anyone. VOTE: Mikey

Agree with previous opinions here. Well said, nothing to add. VOTE: Kent

Without physical evidence I can't put McCormick over Ward. Ward DID NOT actually beat Duncan; but he hung with him which says a lot. VOTE: Nicholas Ward

Comment

Working...
                                                    X