Fight of the Day shall Return!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexis Raven vs. Claude Deveraux
    I agree partly with Mr Slash. Claude Deveraux will be better in an open area. However Alex Raven would probably know exactly how to counter that particular fighting style due to her upbringing, training and experience.
    Winner: Alexis Raven

Benny Carbassa vs. Bryce Korland
    Benny Carbassa will finally get what he deserves. Bryce Korland will stab, torture and burn Benny to a crisp and repeat that until he gets bored and takes Carbassas head. Good riddance!
    Winner: Bryce Korland

Andrew Donelly vs. Caspian
    I doubt it'll matter if Donnelly tried to block or not. Caspian probably only needs one swing.
    Winner: Caspian

Anton Legris vs. Carlo Sendaro
    Carlo Sendaro would take what he wanted, the head of a peaceful man like Anton Legris would be no problem.
    Winner: Carlo Sendaro

Axel Whittaker vs. Arthur Drakov
    It'll be a nice fight but I think Whittaker would be more resourceful and beat Drakov.
    Winner: Axel Whittaker

Cardinal Giovanni vs. Carl Robinson
    Carl Robinson would find himself extremely outmatched. He'll die on his knees with a crucifix-shaped dagger in his back after exchanging a few swings & parries before he could even try and think of a strategy.
    Winner: Cardinal Giovanni
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

• 1. Raven - She was meant to be better than she looked in the episode...I'll chalk that up to the actress's shortcomings, not the character. Claude was probably a tough dude but he showed that mindgames would do him in, and I think Alex could take advantage of that.
      2. Korland - Wow, can't believe this guy is going to win a match!
      3. Caspian - Slice n' dice.
      4. Sendaro - He'll make short work of Anton.
      5. Whittaker - Both looked good in their fights against MacLeod...Axel a bit moreso.
      6. Giovanni - Carl would make this a decent match because of his raw athleticism, but unlike Axel I don't have enough on Carl to put him over the reputation of Giovanni.

Comment

• 1 Claude in an open fight. His size and strength gives him an advantage over Alex.
        2 Korland
        3 Caspian
        4 Carlos
        5 Axel
        6 Carl because of his athleticism and we do know he studied with both Duncan and Matthew McCormick. As for Giovanni...since he wasn't mentioned at all in the novel about Darius and Greyson during their conquering days...and his background was only shown on film as being on holy ground any skills he had or things from old scripts that weren't filmed don't prove to me he was on the same skill level as Methos or Kurgan.

Comment

Alexis Raven vs. Claude Deveraux

Tie breaker. Okay, so this match is tough because I think BOTH were supposed to be better than they looked and they both looked pretty bad, IMO. Hmm.... hmmmm.... uh ... Claude. I agree if Raven could play the long game she could take this but I'm assuming you're kinda throwing them into an arena and they're duking it out. So Claude, I guess.
          VOTE: Claude

Benny Carbassa vs. Bryce Korland

Korland was awful but Carbassa is so bad he almost shouldn't even be in the tourny. LOL
          VOTE: Korland

Andrew Donelly vs. Caspian

Caspian wins easily. VOTE: Caspian

Anton Legris vs. Carlo Sendaro

Sendaro; don't know anything about Legris and Sendaro was actually pretty decent. VOTE: Sendaro

Axel Whittaker vs. Arthur Drakov

I agree, Axel would take him. He's faster, stronger and would take this in due time. VOTE: Axel

Cardinal Giovanni vs. Carl Robinson

I agree with Colleen that Giovanni is basically garbage. I think Carl would take him. Maybe not? But I know Carl is a competent fighter and in theory Gio in his prime SHOULD be but I don't know that for certain.
          VOTE: Carl Robinson

Comment

• ROUND 2

Claude Deveraux d. Alexis Raven
            Bryce Korland d. Benny Carbassa
            Caspian d. Andrew Donelly
            Carlo Sendaro d. Anton Legris
            Axel Whittaker d. Arthur Drakov
            Cardinal Giovanni d. Carl Robinson

Comment

• ROUND 2

Alexei Voshin vs. Christoph Kuyler

Bartholomew vs. Caleb Cole

Andrew Cord vs. Damon Case

Kalas vs. Carl the Hermit

Comment

Christoph Kuyler - They seem to be evenly matched. But I give the assassin the edge.

Caleb Cole - I think this could go either way, it will depend primarily on where they are standing. I don't think bart could handle Caleb's erratic, brute force style. For the record, Duncan vs Caleb was my favorite fight of season 1.

Damon Case - I think Case is WAY underrated. He kills immortals. It is his life. Period. As he said to Duncan, for 1,000 years.

Kalas - Kalas is a stone cold killer. He would probably not give a shit about ol' Carl's secrets either.
                "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Alexei Voshin vs. Christoph Kuyler
                  Voshin was an interesting character but a poor fighter. Kuyler would win the shenanigans game even if it was on Voshins boat.
                  Winner: Christoph Kuyler

Bartholomew vs. Caleb Cole
                  Caleb was good & fierce, Bartholomew was calculating and defensive. Cole is good however against a sword and shield combination he'd lose.
                  Winner: Bartolomew

Andrew Cord vs. Damon Case
                  Interesting fight. Case has been a player of the Game for an incredible amount of time. His skill however wasn't that great and he did mostly challenge newbies. ANdrew Cord was a modern war veteran and showed some decent skill with his sabre. Ironically his close knife combat or ranged skills are even better. I'm giving this to Cord for being more versatile.
                  Winner: Andrew Cord

Kalas vs. Carl the Hermit
                  Not really a contest, Carl loses his head fast.
                  Winner: Kalas

Comment

• 1. Kuyler - Fairly even match. I'd wager Kuyler has a few more tricks in his bag though.
                    2. Cole - Hmmm...tough one. Bartie had the sword and shield combo and a history as a crusader. I would imagine though that he didn't involve himself in the fighting as much...probably got others to protect him (he seems the type). Cole on the other hand was a self-made man who was surprisingly good with his roughhousing style. I'm going with Cole by a whisker.
                    3. Case - Damon certainly had a great backstory, but the fact that we met him while he was hunting a total newbie doesn't help his...case (hehe). Cord looked pretty good against MacLeod, but then again it was on his own turf and he used a significant amount of hit and run tactics. On neutral ground, I'll give it to Case...only just.
                    4. Kalas - The only no-brainer of this round for me.

Comment

• Even immortals have holidays it seems...

Comment

• Christoph Kuyler d. Alexei Voshin
                        Caleb Cole d. Bartholomew
                        Damon Case d. Andrew Cord
                        Kalas d. Carl the Hermit

Comment

• 2ND ROUND

Sharon Collins vs. Silas

Reno (?) vs. Zoltan Laszlo

Richard Tarsis vs. The Elder (who the hell is that?)

Paul Karros vs. Warren Cochrane

Comment

Sharon Collins vs. Silas
                            Another easy win for Silas.

Reno vs. Zoltan Laszlo
                            Fun little fight, Reno takes this fairly easy because Laszlo will forget to duck eventually.

Richard Tarsis vs. The Elder
                            Tarsis will have a hell of a time dragging the Elder from holy ground and hacking through. But he'll do it.

Paul Karros vs. Warren Cochrane
                            Warren Cochrane will win against poor Karros

Comment

• Who is Reno and who is "The Elder"? I have no clue who these people are. Is "Reno" the Vegas Immortal that kills Danny Cimoli or is he one of the goons from Highlander 2 with the flying surf boards?

Comment

• Yes, Reno is one of Katana's goons (along with Corda).

1. Silas - Duh.
                                2. Reno - Eh, he hung in with (rusty) Connor for a bit. That's enough for me.
                                3. The Elder - Actually, I'm going to invoke the "Prime" clause and remind everyone that you can take people at any point in their Immortal life. For this guy, it would be when he and the Guardian initially approached the Source, which would be well before he turned into an Immortal Jabba the Hutt. Tarsis wasn't much...I feel like the Elder could take him. Aragorn, correct me if I'm wrong in the interpretation of the rules, and I will gladly reconsider my vote.
                                4. Cochrane - Warren was tough as nails, and Karros would eventually crack.

Comment

• 2ND ROUND

Silas - A 1 vs at least a 9. This would be horrible. Too bad Axel isn't here so he could die too.

Reno -

The Elder - Like Jedi, I am going with the Prime rule here because Tarsis was weak.

Paul Karros - This would be a damn good fight because they are fairly even. I could see it going either way, but today I choose Karros.
                                  "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
                                    Who is Reno and who is "The Elder"? I have no clue who these people are. Is "Reno" the Vegas Immortal that kills Danny Cimoli or is he one of the goons from Highlander 2 with the flying surf boards?
                                    Reno is a lacky from Highlander 2. The Elder is from The Source.

Comment

• 2ND ROUND

Silas d. Sharon Collins
                                      Reno d. Zoltan Laszlo
                                      The Elder d. Richard Tarsis
                                      Warren Cochrane d. Paul Karros

(I won't cast votes this set of matches as I don't care enough to tie these up. But I would have voted for Laszlo over Reno and Tarsis over Elder. Laszlo wasn't probably great but anyone with enough guts to go after Brian Cullen could probably beat someone like Reno who basically was immortal for like 24 hours before he got his head chopped off. And the Elder's skills in his prime would have been so out dated that Tarsis's little trick move probably works on him so I would have voted Tarsis. That being said, I'll leave the results as is.)

Comment

• 2ND ROUND:

Pierre Segur vs. Tyler King

Sean Burns vs. Steven Keane (funny, huh?)

Reagan Cole vs. Xavier St. Cloud

Roland Kantos (no magic) vs. Sunda Kastigir

Comment

• 1. Segur - Eh...this one is essentially a coin toss. Segur was targeted by Hyde, but who knows what his criterion for SEASONED IMMORTALS was other than age. Still, Duncan really thought that he had a chance of winning. King was a cherry-picking punk.
                                          2. Keane - Wow, sucks for these two. Assume that we take all emotion out of it, Keane was the warrior...not Burns.
                                          3. St. Cloud - Reagan was probably good. Xavier was great.
                                          4. Kastagir - Kastagir's defense was extremely stout. I didn't see anything out of Kantos that would suggest he would be able to penetrate it without his cheating voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JedimstrCR View Post
                                            1. Segur - Eh...this one is essentially a coin toss. Segur was targeted by Hyde, but who knows what his criterion for SEASONED IMMORTALS was other than age. Still, Duncan really thought that he had a chance of winning. King was a cherry-picking punk.
                                            2. Keane - Wow, sucks for these two. Assume that we take all emotion out of it, Keane was the warrior...not Burns.
                                            3. St. Cloud - Reagan was probably good. Xavier was great.
                                            4. Kastagir - Kastagir's defense was extremely stout. I didn't see anything out of Kantos that would suggest he would be able to penetrate it without his cheating voice.

I agree with this.

Comment

Tyler King

Steven Keane

Xavier St. Cloud

Sunda Kastigir

Comment

• 2ND ROUND:

Pierre Segur d. Tyler King
                                                Steven Keane d. Sean Burns
                                                Xavier St. Cloud d. Reagan Cole
                                                Sunda Kastigir d. Roland Kantos (no magic)

Comment

• 2ND ROUND:

Katherine vs. Michelle Webster

Lucas Kagan vs. Luke Sarsfield

Kit O'Brady vs. Nicholas Ward

Kristin Gilles vs. Otavio Consone

Comment

• Sorry about disappearing for a while, had some stuff going on.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X