• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JedimstrCR View Post
    and Aerie's not here to save McCormick.
    Haha, though I wish she was!

Comment

Kanwulf - Not enough info on Talbot.

Michelle Webster - This is possibly the only fight I think Michelle could win. She would beguile Mikey with feminine wiles, then kill him.

Michael Kent - This is pretty even. I find Kent to be tougher, more cut throat.

Nicholas Ward - There was a whole lot of love for Matthew on the other board which I never quite understood. It is almost as though we were going by what Carl said which was nothing other than "He's good with a sword." Ward was a douche. But he gave Mac one hell of a fight.
      "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Slash View Post
        There was a whole lot of love for Matthew on the other board which I never quite understood. It is almost as though we were going by what Carl said which was nothing other than "He's good with a sword."
        Well, his bio was pretty strong too. It said he was a knight in medieval times which adds to the idea that he is probably very experienced and well trained in combat so it kind of backs up what Carl was saying. I just think they were blowing up Carl's comments a bit. "He taught me moves I'm still working on!" they put a lot of weight in that which based off typical American exaggeration states "He was better then than I am now," which doesn't mean he'd beat MacLeod. Now Carl has sparred with Duncan and so he has a working knowledge of how good Duncan is so I think the statement that Carl was concerned with whether or not Duncan could beat him does hold some water. But still, plenty of people have doubted Duncan's ability to beat certain people and it worked out fine.

That being said, we haven't actually seen him fight so we REALLY don't know how good he is. I don't have problems putting him over mediocre and in some cases decent fighters but without evening seen him spar it's hard for me to put him over someone of the quality of Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

Matthew McCormick vs. Nicholas Ward

Without physical evidence I can't put McCormick over Ward. Ward DID NOT actually beat Duncan; but he hung with him which says a lot. VOTE: Nicholas Ward

HE DID TOO

Only started the victory speech too early
          May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post

HE DID TOO

Only started the victory speech too early
            At one point in the fight he was "winning" but he didn't win the fight. lol. But Ward is a great fighter, no doubt! He could go far with a decent draw but I'm glad he got out of round 1 with such a tough opponent.

Comment

Jason Talbot vs. Kanwulf

Michelle Webster vs. Mikey Bellow

Michael Kent vs. Morgan Walker

Matthew McCormick vs. Nicholas Ward

OFFICIAL:
              Kanwulf, Michelle, Kent and Ward advance!

Comment

ROUND 1:

Michael Christian vs. Myron Corman

Michel de Bourgogne vs. Milos Vladic

Michael Moore/Quentin Barnes vs. Morgan D'Estaing

MAIN EVENT:
                Martin Hyde vs. Otavio Consone

Comment

ROUND 1:

MAIN EVENT:
                  1. If Michael Christian would have the inside information from Rita Luce he might win this. Myron Corman however is an active player of the Game and scouts out his opponents. Myron Corman being left handed probably bends the odds in his favor too. Winner: Myron Corman

2. Milos Vladic wasn't that great for an immortal his age. Still he'd outclass Michel de Bourgogne by far. Winner: Milos Vladic

3. The Michael Moore/Quentin Barnes combination might be hard to trick. However Morgan D'Estaing has a lot of tricks and plans them carefully. He'll take this fight eventually. Winner: Morgan D'Estaing

4. Hyde is a hunter of old experienced immortals, cocky but well within his right. Otavio Consone is an extremely good traditional fighter and dancer. Hyde will seek to disrupt the flow of movement of Consone. But if Hyde gets impatient when his prey is within reach it will probably be his downfall. Winner: Otavio Consone.

Comment

Michael Christian

Milos Vladic

Michael Moore/Quentin Barnes - Quinten had a descent showing against Duncan. Morgan, I like him, but he dies here.

MAIN EVENT:
                    Otavio Consone - I am not a fan of Hyde. At all. Mr. I Hunt Sssssseasoned Immortal. I went and looked at his profile. When he was hunting Connor and Segur, they weren't that old or ssssseasoned. Consone would completely shred this putz.
                    "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

1. Michael Christian - As big a cheater as he was, he wasn't flat out terrible. He had a couple of decent hand-to-hand moves as well. Plus, it's Barry Freaking Pepper! All we know about Corman was that he was a Fabio wannabe who lost in a really short amount of time to Carl Robinson, who wasn't that good. I'll take Pepper.
                      2. Milos Vladic - He was completely outclassed by Kyra, but to be fair, most Immortals would be. Hard to say anything about de Bourgonge, so I guess it's Milos by default.
                      3. Morgan D'Estaing - Barnes was good but wasn't what you would call calculating. OTOH, Morgan wasn't that good but was calculating to the extreme. I think he nabs Barnes with the poisoned blade and takes the match.
                      4. Otavio Consone - I missed how much Mr. Slash disliked Hyde! He's absolutely right here. Hyde was all talk, and that move that got him killed against Mac would do the same here, if he even got that far against the Master of La Destreza.

Comment

ROUND 1:

MAIN EVENT:

Christian, Vladic, D'Estaing and Consone advance!

Comment

ROUND ONE:

Nefertiri vs. May-Ling Shen

Walter Reinhardt vs. Warren Cochrane

Tyler King vs. Winston

MAIN EVENT
                          Methos vs. Nakano

Comment

ROUND ONE:

Tyler King vs. Winston

MAIN EVENT.
                            Methos vs. Nakano
                            1. May-ling would win this. She was methodical, patient and calm. Basically the opposite of Nefertiri. Winner:May-ling Shen.

2. Warren is a guilt ridden weakling, Walter Reinhardt would take him easily. Winner: Walter Reinhardt.

3. Tyler was an opportunist, hunting easy game. Winston was a servant but wielded an unique weapon. It'll be close but Winston takes this fight. Winner: Winston Erhuero.

4. It could have been spectacular. But without the power of illusion Makano is just cannon fodder. Winner: Methos

Comment

May-Ling Shen - I think this would be an excellent fight. May Ling will take it but she will sure have to work for it.

Warren Cochrane

Tyler King - Other than Jin Ke, Kell's posse was not impressive in the least.

MAIN EVENT
                              Methos - Without his power of illusion, I think Nakano would be easy pickings for Death.

Comment

1. MLS - Tough draw for Nefertiri. I think her erratic style would be a bad match against the patient precision of Master Shen.
                                2. Cochrane - Warren was a tough dude, despite his mental issues. If he can find a way to dirty up the match, I think it will throw Reinhardt off his game enough to win.
                                3. King - This is a tough call. Winston was a very athletic dude, but not very experienced. King was a cherry picker. I'm going with King because Winston's silly knife hand thingies annoy me.
                                4. Methos - Honestly, I think Methos wins this even if Nakano has his powers...of all the Immortals, I think Methos and Kronos would be the best at seeing through those parlor tricks.

Comment

Man, these immortals have long days....

Comment

ROUND ONE:

Tyler King vs. Winston

MAIN EVENT
                                    Methos vs. Nakano
                                    May-Ling, Cochrane, King & Methos advance!

Comment

ROUND 1

Timon vs. Xavier St. Cloud

Walter Graham vs. William Everett Culbraith

Ursa vs. Willie Kingsley

The Messenger vs. Zai Jie

Comment

ROUND 1

Ursa vs. Willie Kingsley

1. Xavier would have a great day. Easy pickings. Winner: Xavier St. Cloud

2. William Culbraith was an interesting character but no match for the artistic mind of Walter Graham. Winner: Walter Graham

3. Ursa vs Willie Kingsley. I detest 'funny' characters like Willie. Ursa has an unusual weapon, decent age and is way stronger. Winner: Ursa

4. Zai Jie defeated the Guardian if it wasn't for the neck Guard. The messenger would be cut to pieces before knowing he was defeated. Winner: Zai Jie

Comment

1. Xavier St. Cloud - Brother Timon would reach his end in about the same amount of time that he did against Kalas.
                                          2. Graham - Culbraith was so poor that he couldn't defeat an unarmed Richie. Walter was above average.
                                          3. Ursa - His brute strength would overpower the conman.
                                          4. Zai Jie - The Messenger has the potential to be decent, but there's no real way to know for sure. I don't rate Zai as highly as some others but at least we saw that he was solid.

Comment

Xavier St. Cloud - Timon would be brave. Timon would die.

Walter Graham - Fairly easy.

Ursa - While both had a grasp of the Game, Ursa would take it.

Zai Jie - Not enough info on fake Death.

Comment

ROUND 1

Ursa vs. Willie Kingsley

Xavier, Graham, Ursa and Zai Jie advance!

Comment

1st Round (last match)

1. Thomas Sullivan vs. Zachary Blaine

2ND ROUND:

Derek Worth vs. John Garrick

Enrique Grimaldi vs. Kamir

Frank Brody vs. Ingrid Henning

Gerard Kragan vs. Horvan Kant

Comment

1st Round (last match)

1. Thomas Sullivan vs. Zachary Blaine:
                                                  This is a great fight. Sabre versus sabre. Brawler versus gymnast.
                                                  I think Blaine is the better swordsman but I think Sully is the better fighter. Winner: Thomas Sullivan.

2ND ROUND:

Derek Worth vs. John Garrick:
                                                  Derek gets slaughtered. Winner: John Garrick

Enrique Grimaldi vs. Kamir:
                                                  Enrique will be disarmed, strangled then beheaded. Winner: Kamir

Frank Brody vs. Ingrid Henning
                                                  Not much data to go on for Frank Brody other than the mention by Duncan that he would have protected Kenneth. Ingrid was a murderer by trade. Winner: Ingrid Henning

Gerard Kragan vs. Horvan Kant:
                                                  Another interesting fight. Pervert versus psychopath. They don't have the greatest skills but are about evenly matched.
                                                  I suspect Kant is just a bit more crazy to take the win in an unconventional way. Winner: Horvan Kant.

Comment

1. 1. Sullivan - Zachary had skill but he was paint-by-numbers; no surprises in his style. Sully could hold his own and make things rough and tumble. I doubt Blaine would be able to handle that very well.
                                                    2. 1. Garrick - Derek was too n00b.
                                                    2. 2. Kamir - Same as above.
                                                    2. 3. Henning - Frank didn't strike me as a guy who fought too many battles. Ingrid was probably not a great duelist but she would find a way to take Frank out.
                                                    2. 4. Kragan - Kant was a thug who lost in record time to a less-than-stellar Immortal. Kragan wasn't much better but I'll give him some points for his audacity to keep his sword within reach even on the set of his porno.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X