Fight of the Day shall Return!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aragorn, get back here dammit!!!!
    "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• He didn't specify earth days. so he might use Zeist days. I think that's the problem.
      May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

• Bueller?

Comment

• RIP thread

Comment

• Did we lose Aragorn?

Comment

• Looks like it.

Comment

• I am so sad.

Comment

• Sorry, I moved. And I was like "Why did I include Duncan/Connor? They're going to win." Maybe I can take them out and try to pick up if you guys still want to vote?

Comment

• Welcome back.

I'd like to continue with this game. I'd even doubt that Duncan or Connor would win.

Comment

• Woohoo! Let's do it! Hello Aragorn!

Comment

• Alright, let me find out where we were....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
                          Wasn't Ashe vs Ramirez a 2:1 vote? Why does Ramirez continue?
                          I think what happened was that it blew my mind that anyone would vote Ashe over Ramirez that I think I just assumed Ramirez won. I'm stunned at this result. Ramirez seems like such a naturally skilled fighter and Ashe seemed sloppy. I know we got probably his worst fight ever (and likely Ramirez's best), but still. Ashe did ... what maybe a 100 years after Ramirez? Ramirez was like 3,000 years old. I don't think Ashe would have won, but he won the vote so I'll advance him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
                            Kassim vs. Hugh Fitzcairn
                            Don't think people are giving Fitz the credit he deserves, he lasted a long time and did well against Kalas 'til the last, and Kassim is no Kalas, plus he can easily get under Kassim's guard here, so I'll take Fitz
                            Ceridwen, I think you have valid points about Fitz fairing well against Kalas. If that was the only sample of Fitz fighting, I think this fight would be harder to judge. Problem is, we see Fitz getting beat up by some of the rogue watchers (in a one on one fight) and that makes him look bad. I love Fitz (and "The Who") so I don't like voting against him but he gets beat up a bit where Kassim is really solid from what I can tell.

Comment

• Kassim d. Hugh Fitzcairn
                              Everett Bellian d. General Katana
                              Iman Fasil d. Ingrid Henning
                              Ernst Daimler d. Gerard Kragan

Comment

• ROUND 3

Claude Deveraux vs. Bryce Korland

Christoph Kuyler vs. Caleb Cole

Alfred Cahill vs. Axel Whittaker

Connor MacLeod vs. Brian Cullen

Comment

• Bless you, Aragorn!

Hmm. I think Claude Deveraux would beat Bryce Korland. In truth, we have no clue how well Korland fights.

I'm going to put Caleb Cole above Christoph Kuyler. Kuyler's main trick seemed to be people underestimating him. Caleb Cole seems to have a far more flexible fighting style.

Alfred Cahill vs Axel Whittaker... now that's tricky. Axel uses women to distract and disorient his opponents. Afred is off his rocker but was trained at one point, and might do the unexpected. Well, Axel, unless something else happened.

Connor vs Brian... I'm going with Connor, at least as far as we know in Season 3, maybe. Connor still seems active and learning, interacting with mortals sanely. Brian was no longer sober and didn't want to be. It would be no less sad than the fight with Duncan, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
                                    ROUND 3

Yes, here we go!

1. Although I like Bryce Korland a lot, I'd have to give this to Claude Deveraux. He knows how to use that broadsword well and his physique is most likely superior to Korland. Resulting in one beat poet.
                                    Winner: Claude Deveraux.

2. Chistophe Kuyler's specialty is to strike when the other lets his guard down. Too bad Caleb doesn't have a sense of humour. He might get surprised with the initial speed or athletics but he won't be surprised by hide & seek tactics. Caleb will take this fight and Kuylers head.
                                    Winner: Caleb Cole

3. Alfred Cahill was trained in hand to hand combat but seemed slow with the heavier weapons. Axel was incredibly fast wielding his big sword. Due to this speed i'd give this to Axel Whittaker.
                                    Winner: Axel Whittaker

4. Connor MacLeod was good and very resilient, he fought and won against stronger opponents. However, against a sword master he most likely won't have the time to adapt. It's no shame to fall against the best swordsman of Europe.
                                    Winner: Brian Cullen

Comment

• ROUND 3

So we didn't even see Korland fight. But Coltec killed him SO FAST. Duncan couldn't even make a bad joke at the crowd and follow him outside before Coltec killed him. I don't think Claude is good at all, but I think he could handle Korland.
                                      VOTE: Claude Deveraux

I also think Kuyler is terrible. Caleb's style would be really difficult for him to handle. I think it would be ugly but Caleb would win.
                                      VOTE: Caleb Cole

I would enjoy watching this. I think Cahill has enough training to make this sporting but Whittaker looked REALLY good in the short fight we saw. Also, he's taken a TON of heads. Even though he cheated on most of them, he still has taken a lot which means he's relatively powerful. Whitaker is one of the more underrated fighters in the tournament, IMO.
                                      VOTE: Whitaker

So, if I'm being honest present day Connor would probably beat Cullen (primed in the 1800s). That's usually how we do these things. But I kind of want the MacLeods out of the tournament since they are kind of obvious and I think Cullen's capable of winning (if we are taking primed Cullen). So I'll do that, but I'll be honest this is kinda to get Connor out.
                                      VOTE: Brian Cullen

Comment

• ROUND 3

Claude Deveraux d. Bryce Korland
                                        Caleb Cole d. Christoph Kuyler
                                        Axel Whittaker d. Alfred Cahill
                                        Brian Cullen d. Connor MacLeod

Comment

• ROUND 3

Darius vs. Anthony Gallen

Ceirdwyn vs. Giovanni (from the Source)

Caspian vs. Carlo Sendaro

Damon Case vs. Kalas

Comment

• Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
                                            ROUND 3

Damon Case vs. Kalas
                                            1. Darius vs Anthony Gallen
                                            And that'll be the end of Darius, cut down by an immortal not much more than a thug.
                                            winner: Anthony Gallen

2. Ceirdwyn vs Cardinal Giovanni
                                            A lovely fight here, 2 old and skilled fighters and both very hotheaded. I think Giovanni can keep his cool just a bit longer than Ceirdwyn to barely nab this fight.
                                            Winner: Cardinal Giovanni

3. Caspian vs Carlo Sendaro
                                            I think Carlo Sendaro is the better fighter of the two, and if his custom machete can withstand Caspian's custom saber and Sendaro isn't too intimidated by Caspian's madness he could win.
                                            Still, that are quite a few ' ifs' so I'll give it to Caspian.
                                            Winner: Caspian

4. Damon Case vs Kalas.
                                            Yeah, this will be a good fight. It'll last quite some time but Case doesn't have the skills needed to get inside Kalas' head. Eventually that'll be his downfall.
                                            Winner: Kalas.
                                            ​​​​

Comment

• ROUND 3

I know Darius's prime was a bit ago and I think to a masterfully trained modern fighter he MAY have a hard time, but I imagine in his day he was pretty vicious. More so than Gallen and more of a natural fighter/killer. Going with Darius is a pretty fun fight.
                                              VOTE: Darius

So Ceirdwyn is a warrior, has always been and a good one as we're led to believe. She's pretty old which means she's been in the game a while. We know ZILCH about Giovanni's combat abilities and I know part of this is on the actor, but when he was put in a physical situation he showed pretty poor athletic prowess. I feel pretty confident Ceirdwyn would beat him.
                                              VOTE: Ceirdwyn

I think Sendaro is pretty underrated. He showed a lot of school and I think he's good. Caspian being like 4,000 years old and as far as we know having been active the whole time, I suggest he's probably even better. He's not the type that has hidden and likely has had a LOT of enemies over the years and has no fear in fighting them. I'm guessing he's taken a LOT of heads.
                                              VOTE: Caspian

Damon Case vs. Kalas

Both play a similar game but I have reason to believe Kalas is a bit better at it. We at least see him fighting more skilled fighters than Case has a history of going after (de Lefaye III & Danny Cimoli).
                                              VOTE: Kalas

Comment

Darius!

Ceirdwyn. She's far more intelligent.

I'm going with Caspian, really.

Damon Case vs. Kalas
                                                Tricky. Kalas, really. Maybe. But then again... No. Kalas.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post

Ceirdwyn. She's far more intelligent.
                                                  I seriously doubt that. At what point did she show more intelligence than going full Whargarble when something didn't go her way?

Besides, Giovanni is about a century older.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post

I seriously doubt that. At what point did she show more intelligence than going full Whargarble when something didn't go her way?

Besides, Giovanni is about a century older.
                                                    Yeah I may not agree that she's more intelligent, but I'd bet a pretty penny she'd take him in a fight. Which is what this is all about. I suspect she may have more combat intelligence. Maybe that's what dubious means?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X