Caspian d. Carlo Sendaro
    Kalas d. Damon Case

Comment

• 3RD ROUND

Katherine vs. Lucas Kagan

Michael Kent vs. Liam O'Rourke

Katya vs. Luther

Jacob Kell vs. Lymon Kurlow
      Last edited by Aragorn; 06-21-2019, 07:36 PM. Reason: Posted wrong matches so I edited it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
        3RD ROUND

Katya vs. Luther

Katherine specializes in taking down scum. Lucas Kagan will meet his demise swiftly.
        Winner: Katherine

This is actually a pretty decent match-up. But Kent is more disciplined and has way better training.
        Money wins over motivation here.
        Winner: Michael Kent.

Without her crossbow advantage Katya will have a hard time beating Luther.
        Luther is faster, stronger and uses more than just his sword to fight.
        Winner: Luther

Yeah, Lymon Kurlow is very good. And his hit and run tactics are generally effective.
        Kell however is unphased by this and takes Kurlows head.
        Winner: Kell
        May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

• 3RD ROUND

Katherine - I just watched Reasonable Doubt a few days ago. Kagan was a pretty low end immortal, found by another low end immortal in Richard Tsarsis. Fairly easy day for Katherine, who I consider one of the best female immortals in the Highlander universe.

Michael Kent - Pretty much same reason as Nicholas said. It would be good but Kent has the edge.

Katya - Another even one. I think Katya will take it. Luther gave Duncan a good fight but all Luther cared about was obtaining the crystals.

Jacob Kell - I have said this previously and I stand by it. Had Kurlow been portrayed by someone else, he wouldn't be ranked near as high. Kell would win easily.
          "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Katherine would beat Kagan in less than 30 seconds. Kagan was awful.
            VOTE: Katharine

Best fight of this group. Could go either way. I think O'Rourke is a bit more aggressive and I think Kent's a bit more technically well trained. I'll go with a trained fighter especially given that I think Kent was slightly emotionally compromised when fighting Duncan. Still kept his game face on. Good fight but I'll support the group and say Kent.
            VOTE: Michael Kent

Katya vs. Luther
            Hard to say, I don't recall seeing Katya in combat much. Luther's not amazing but he's a solid fighter so I'll give this to him.
            VOTE: Luther

If I'm giving Kell all due credit he would slaughter Kurlow. I'm willing to vote Kurlow because I want Kell out of the tournament as he's a stupid character.
            VOTE: Kurlow

Comment

• Hey guys! Long time no vote.

Katherine aces this clown.

Kent had great technique...only Duncan's plot armor and ridiculous miracle move saved his ass. O'Rourke was solid but nothing special.

Katya vs. Luther

I think that, as written, Katya was meant to be pretty good (she was meant to carry a series potentially, after all). But we didn't get much evidence of it. With that in mind, Luther was good enough to take this.

I really appreciate Aragorn's spite vote, LOL. But I can't ignore the fact that Kell really whipped Mac's ass, bad writing or not. Kurlow was a decent fighter who was really elevated by the actor, as Mr. Slash always points out (correctly, IMO).

Comment

3RD ROUND

Katya vs. Luther

Katherine, no question. Probably in less than 45 seconds.

Going with Kent who is cool and precise over O'Rourke who is a brawling twerp.

I'm glad Katya didn't get the spin off- it would have been really boring show after Luther had taken her head.

Since it's pretty much impossible to watch that movie through, will give the win to Kurlow on points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
                  I'm glad Katya didn't get the spin off- it would have been really boring show after Luther had taken her head.
                  Hahahahaha

Comment

• 3RD ROUND

Katherine d. Lucas Kagan
                    Michael Kent d. Liam O'Rourke
                    Luther d. Katya
                    Jacob Kell d. Lymon Kurlow

Comment

• 3RD ROUND

Nicholas Ward vs. Otavio Consone

Kern vs. Kyra

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

Methos vs. Kurgan

Comment

• Some insane matches today. Tough draws for pretty much all of these.

Comment

3RD ROUND

Kern vs. Kyra

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

Methos vs. Kurgan
                          1. This is bound to be a great fight. Unfortunately for Nicholas Ward it's unlikely there are loose bricks lying around this time.
                          Winner: Otavio Consone.

2. Kyra has trained for this all her early immortal life. Against bigger, badder men she has to prove she can come out on top.
                          Kerns mysogeny is on par with Kyra's mysandry though and this fight won't be pretty at all. Kern's bowie knife will be the deciding factor here.
                          Winner: Kern.

3. May-Ling was supposedly very good. But not good enough to defeat Kronos.
                          Winner: Kronos.

4. Methos has a knack for putting himself in the favourable position where fighting is concerned, he sports hidden blades or guns when needed and feigns vulnerability.
                          The Kurgan is the perfect warrior, hidden blades and guns don't do much against him. Methos loses his head here.
                          Winner: Kurgan

Comment

3RD ROUND

Kern vs. Kyra

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

Methos vs. Kurgan
                            I'd say the clear winner in our first bout is Consone, Ward really hasn't a prayer against him.

Second bout is tough, a thug against an artist, I think the deciding factor would be Kern's contempt and lack of respect for his opponent and therefore Kyra wins.

Another artist vs thug, but Kronos is a thug with a lot more to him, he uses his thug, his thug doesn't use him. He takes the win.

I'm sensing a theme here, brute force, beating down one's opponent vs not being in the line of fire and breaching the flank kinds of guys...in the world of not playing fair Methos is king. He'll shoot, stab or fry the bastard and take his head.

Comment

• Yowza...these are some awesome fights!!!

Ward puts up a respectable show but falls in the end to the master of La Destreza.

Kern vs. Kyra

Kern was rough and tumble, and Kyra was swift and precise. He would also probably underestimate her badly, which will be his undoing.

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

May-Ling was meant to be pretty awesome; shame we never got to see it. We did see Kronos, and he was one of the best.

Methos vs. Kurgan

I think TV rules helps Methos immensely. That hidden dagger would absolutely surprise the Kurgan, especially if Methos plays it coy. It drops the big brute long enough for Methos to take the win. Had it been Movie rules, I'd have gone the other way.

Comment

• Methos fanboyism is prevalent here, the Kurgan took a full clip of machine gun rounds as well as a stab to the gut unphased.

Even when cheating with multiple tricks, Methos would not win against the Kurgan. He'd be overpowered at all times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
                                  Methos fanboyism is prevalent here, the Kurgan took a full clip of machine gun rounds as well as a stab to the gut unphased.

Even when cheating with multiple tricks, Methos would not win against the Kurgan. He'd be overpowered at all times.
                                  As Jedi pointed out, the movie and tv series clearly seem to have "different rules." In the movies immortals never "Die". We see Connor run through the heart multiple times in his duel on Boston Commons yet in the TV series he would "die" and appear dead for a while before he'd heal. So we're suggested the Kurgan's ability to soak all that damage with "TV Rules" where him getting shot in the heart would drop him deplete his abilities. It's been a heated debate for years upon years on this board.

Comment

• 3RD ROUND

I actually think Ward is a really good fighter. I rate him in the upper 25% of antagonist on the show. That being said, Consone is one of the best. I agree with the group Consone would win a very entertaining fight.
                                    VOTE: Consone

Kern vs. Kyra

Kyra is SUPER old and has been actively fighting "tough guys" like Kern her whole life. I think the result would be the same; Kern's a great fighter but he's sloppy and I think he'd lower his guard and get taken. Even if he doesn't, she'd still win.
                                    VOTE: Kyra

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

Copy and paste what everyone said. I'm sad we didn't get more from her but I can't put her over him.
                                    VOTE: Kronos

Methos vs. Kurgan

So Methos is my favorite character in Highlander. But I think this is a bad match-up for him. I see things going very similar to the way Ramirez's fight went. Methos is careful, calculating and does very well for a bit but eventually in a moment Kurgan catches him and takes control of the fight and wins. I would hope I was wrong, but that's how I see it.
                                    VOTE: Kurgan

Comment

• Current Scores:

3RD ROUND

Nicholas Ward = 0
                                      Otavio Consone = 4

Kern = 1
                                      Kyra = 3

May-Ling Shen = 0
                                      Kronos = 4

Methos = 2
                                      Kurgan = 2

Comment

• I'll let Mr. Slash break the tie on Kurgan vs. Methos (or whoever else votes next).

Comment

As Jedi pointed out, the movie and tv series clearly seem to have "different rules." In the movies immortals never "Die". We see Connor run through the heart multiple times in his duel on Boston Commons yet in the TV series he would "die" and appear dead for a while before he'd heal. So we're suggested the Kurgan's ability to soak all that damage with "TV Rules" where him getting shot in the heart would drop him deplete his abilities. It's been a heated debate for years upon years on this board.
                                          But in Highlander 2 both Connor an Ramirez temporarily 'die' after getting shot in the car so that's not entirely different.

Besides, it's established that many immortals display different special skills. Fast healing is one Connor, Kurgan and Crispin seemingly have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post

But in Highlander 2 both Connor an Ramirez temporarily 'die' after getting shot in the car so that's not entirely different.

Besides, it's established that many immortals display different special skills. Fast healing is one Connor, Kurgan and Crispin seemingly have.
                                            Highlander films and TV show are still different. Highlander 2 is it's own mess; we (in the past) have pretty much ignored Highlander 2 and the Source and even Kane from HL 3, we've ignored him and Nakano's power of illusion. TV Immortal's powers are pretty much standard (minus Cassandra and Roland Kantos's voice power, which we also ignore).

Comment

• Then why not ignore the supposed master strategy methos uses? It's not like he can plan ahead in a straight up fight.

Double standards imo.

Methos is a great character but he really is no match for the Kurgan.

Comment

• I think if you use the characters, then don't ignore their special talents.

Comment

• Originally posted by JedimstrCR View Post
                                                  Yowza...these are some awesome fights!!!

Methos vs. Kurgan

I think TV rules helps Methos immensely. That hidden dagger would absolutely surprise the Kurgan, especially if Methos plays it coy. It drops the big brute long enough for Methos to take the win. Had it been Movie rules, I'd have gone the other way.

This was my thinking as well, if we mix TV and movie guys you're going to have conflicts as to which set of rules, but the rules of this game say TV rules so the Kurgan's toughness is mitigated, if shot, he'd go down. Even a tank can fail in the face of sugar in the fuel. Sneaky often wins against tough. And keep in mind Connor beat Kurgan, and Methos is at least as good a straight up fighter as Connor was, so even in Movie terms, he has a respectable chance - it's not like we're saying Kurgan vs Kenny here. The Kurgan fanboys notwithstanding, it's no better than draw here.
                                                  Last edited by Ceridwen; 06-27-2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• 3RD ROUND

Otavio Consone - Ward was good, but Consone would own him.

Kyra - Kern's random style would not serve him well here.

Kronos - Pretty easy unfortunately for May Liung.

Kurgan - I am a huge Horsemen fan. But this is Kurgan. For all of Death's tricks, he doesn't take Kurgan. Ever. I do believe Methos gives him one hell of a fight though.
                                                    "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X