Walter Graham vs. Zai Jie

Comment

• Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
        ROUND 4

Katharine vs. Otavio Consone

Luther vs. Kronos

Silas vs. Reno

Katharine is very good but has absolutely nothing on Consone. Consone will take her head. Winner: Otavio Consone

And that'll be the swift end of Luther as well. Winner: Kronos

How did Reno get into such predicament? His lucky streak gets axed. Winner: Silas

This is an interesting fight. They're both very good but the showmanship of Walter will be his downfall. Zai Jie will cut down Walter Grahams theatrics. Winner: Zai Jie
        May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

• ROUND 4

1. Katherine vs. Otavio Consone
          Yeah, Consone is better. Poor thing.

2. Luther vs. Kronos
          Luther thinks he needs the Methuselah Stone. Nothing short of that would save him from Kronos.

3. Silas vs. Reno
          Silas all the way! Reno's never fought an Immortal in his life.

4. Walter Graham vs. Zai Jie
          Definitely Zai.

Comment

• ROUND 4

Katharine vs. Otavio Consone

I think Katherine would put up a good fight but I agree Consone would skewer her.
            VOTE: Consone

Luther vs. Kronos

Not close, Kronos wins quickly.
            VOTE: Kronos

Silas vs. Reno

Silas would have fun with Reno.
            VOTE: Silas

I agree this would be a respectable fight but I agree that I think Zai would win a sporting fight.
            VOTE: Zai Jie

Comment

• ROUND 4

Consone d. Katharine
              Kronos d. Luther
              Silas d. Reno
              Zai Jie d. Walter Graham

Comment

• ROUND 4

Michael Kent vs. Kyra

Jacob Kell vs. The Kurgan

Steven Keane vs. Xavier St. Cloud

Slan Quince vs. Rebecca Horne

Comment

• ROUND 4

Michael Kent vs. Kyra

Kyra is super old and has been a fighter and active her whole career, as far as we know. Kent's a decent sword fighter but I think Kyra's probably a bit better.
                  VOTE: Kyra

This is a great opportunity to get rid of Kell.
                  VOTE: Kurgan

Duncan squashed Keane. Wasn't close. Duncan v Xavier was super close multiple times. I also think Xavier's style matches up exceptionally well against Keane.
                  VOTE: Xavier

Slan's the type of good Rebecca would out smart and cut down. Little doubt she'd beat him.
                  ​​​​​​​VOTE: Rebecca

Comment

• I'm on vacation right now, so copy and paste Aragorn's votes LOL.

Comment

ROUND 4

Michael Kent vs. Kyra

1. Michael Kent has the best training money can buy. Kyra has experience. This will be a fun fight but Kyra should win this. Winner: Kyra

2. Kurgan and Kell match up as a draw in my book. The Kurgan is stronger but Kell is the better swordsman. I'd give it to Kell, just barely. Winner: Jacob Kell

3. Yeah, not really a contest here. Xavier St. Cloud takes out Keane easy. Winner: Xavier St. Cloud

4. Unless Rebecca gets surprised by the hidden weapon of Slan Quince, she'll take this fight. Winner: Rebecca Horne
                      Last edited by Nicholas Ward; 07-10-2019, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• ROUND 4

Kyra - Kent will have a good showing. Not good enough.

The Kurgan - Yeah Kell, let's see some of your mind games here. Twit.

Xavier St. Cloud

Rebecca Horne - Slan was lame.
                        "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• ROUND 4

Kyra d. Michael Kent
                          Kurgan d. Jacob Kell
                          Xavier St. Cloud d. Steven Keane
                          Rebecca Horne d. Slan Quince

Comment

• ROUND 5

Brian Cullen vs. Ceirdwyn

Caspian vs. Kalas

Grayson vs. Haresh Clay

Kassim vs. Duncan MacLeod

Comment

• ROUND 5

Brian Cullen. I think he was a prodigy when it comes to sword fighting. Being the best sword fighter on a continent where it was extremely trendy to be a duelist says you were pretty darn amazing.
                              VOTE: Brian Cullen

Caspian vs. Kalas

So both are great fighters and I think this would be awesome. I'm going with Caspian based off the fact that he's been murdering people a whole lot longer and doesn't seem to need to cheat (IE get rusty immortals after they've been on Holy Ground for a bit, or running them over with cars, or trying to get them to give up their heads without a fight, etc.).
                              VOTE: Caspian

Grayson vs. Haresh Clay

Clay was a very experience duelist and clearly enjoyed taking on the best. Taking out Graham Ashe like he was trash tells me he'd probably be able to deal with Grayson.
                              VOTE: Haresh Clay

Again, no unusual circumstances Duncan won cleanly. I know he got lucky stumbling onto that knife on the table and the fight COULD go another way, but he won and I don't think it was total luck he won. If they fight 100 times, Duncan wins more than he loses.
                              VOTE: Duncan

Comment

• Here we go:

Not a lot of visual evidence on either, but Cullen has the better rep.

Caspian vs. Kalas

Kalas was a fine duelist, but he didn't trust his skill. Hence the cheating. Caspian was a murdering machine who wouldn't be intimidated in a straight up fight.

Grayson vs. Haresh Clay

This would be a terrific matchup. Clay was the type of guy Grayson would love to go after. I think that this time he would be biting off more than he can chew.

This would go much the same way as their TV fight, but prime Mac would be a bit better.

Comment

ROUND 5

Caspian vs. Kalas

Grayson vs. Haresh Clay

1. Brian Cullen would easily beat a barbarian.

2. Caspian was old, mad and didn't fight much because he was held in an asylum. He wasn't as good as the other horsemen. I'm sure Kalas would best him.

3. This is a great fight. But unlike the others I think Grayson is the one winning in the end. He is much more levelheaded.

4. Other than the Kurgan, there aren't any left that could beat Duncan MacLeod. But Kassim is the only one where MacLeod had to resort to other means to win. I'll give this to Kassim, so that the option exist to get Duncan out.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• ROUND 5

Brian Cullen - I consider Ceirdwyn a damn tough woman, raised a warrior. Cullen obviously earned that rep. Although it became too much, we are talking about at the top of their game and, in that situation, Cullen ranks much higher and takes the win.

Caspian - You guys make good points about Kalas which Ihonestly had not considered. I would have still voted for Caspian because all he wanted to do was kill, eat, and kill some more and he did it for many thousand years.

Haresh Clay - This was a tough one. I agree that Grayson is exactly the kind of immortal Clay would look for. Unlike Ashe however, there is NO WAY Grayson will scurry to holy ground, although he might suggest it to Clay. On the other side, I can totally see Grayson approaching Clay much the same way he did Duncan and even offer him the chance to stay away from him or join him, which of course Clay won't take. I can see this going either way. This time, I will choose Clay.

Duncan MacLeod - We saw how this would turn out
                                    "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• Mr. Slash said,
                                      We are talking about at the top of their game
                                      so that is a good point.

ROUND 5

1. Brian Cullen vs. Ceirdwyn
                                      Yeah, it would have to be Cullen.

2. Caspian vs. Kalas
                                      I'm going with Caspian, here. Kalas, as has been noted, we never saw him face someone who wasn't essentially rational.

Grayson vs. Haresh Clay
                                      Top of their game? Haresh Clay. Grayson does suffer from Season-One-citis. He may talk a better game than he ultimately played.

Yeah, really. Duncan.

Comment

• ROUND 5

Brian Cullen d. Ceirdwyn
                                        Caspian d. Kalas
                                        Haresh Clay d. Grayson
                                        Duncan MacLeod d. Kassim

Comment

• ROUND 5

Otavio Consone vs. Kyra

Kronos vs. The Kurgan

Silas vs. Xavier St.Cloud

Zai Jie vs. Rebecca Horne

Comment

• Sorry I've been away a few days. Personal stuff.

Comment

ROUND 5

Otavio Consone vs. Kyra

Kronos vs. The Kurgan

1. Oh, the disdain for each other in this fight will be palpable. It'll be great. Unfortunately for Kyra she'll lose her head here.

2. Yeah, this fight will be awesome as well. I can only imagine how each would like to try and impress the other only to be annoyed by the stoic or condescending smile. And if the Kurgan would remember their earlier encounter, Kronos is in for some pain. The Kurgan will take this.

3. Poor Silas, he got far but to fall against Xavier St. Cloud is no shame.

4. Zai Joe will take this one imo

Comment

Otavio Consone vs. Kyra

Man, what an awesome fight this would be! We know that Kyra is an ancient, and that she was really damn good. But the only visual evidence we have for her is against Vladic, who quite frankly was not much. We saw Otavio get near-prime Mac dead to rights, which counts for a lot with me. Tough one (especially since I love Kyra), but I gotta go with Consone.

Kronos vs. The Kurgan

The egos here would be off the charts! Again I have to think about TV rules for this match, which favors the more technically skilled fighters IMO. Kronos was a brute, for sure, but he was one of the better technical duelists we saw. Kurgan was all hack n' slash. I think Kronos gets him eventually.

Love Xavier, but Silas was more brutal. Without the emotion that cost him his head against Methos, he would prove to be a better fighter than the talented St. Cloud.

Never been as high on Zai as others here...all I saw was some wild flailing against a stupid bad guy. Rebecca was a badass who deserved a better death in the Series. She could handle Zai.

Comment

• ROUND 5

Otavio Consone - I have Kyra ranked higher than any woman in the Highlander universe. But I have Consone ranked considerably higher. In fact, I have four immortals ranked above Kurgan and Consone is one. Oh believe me Kyra will give him one hell of a fight and she will not fight his game. But I don't think Consone needs to stand in that damn circle just to win a fight.

Kronos - You notice in my previous fight, I said I had four immortals ranked above Kurgan? This is another one. The other two are MacLeods. This would be an absolutely BRUTAL fight. It would be bloody. But Kronos has a slight speed edge and I think that is just enough to take the win. With the Quickening of Kurgan, Kronos just might take The Prize.

Silas - Because we are looking at fighters in their prime, Silas would take this. It is said, in his prime, Silas could swing his axe as fast as a sword. In his prime, Xavier had one arm and was still a bad ass. Unfortunately for Xavier, he'd lose more than that here.

Zai Jie - I had to think on this one. Rebecca was no doubt an extremely capable fighter. Zai showed his worth by beating The Guardian. He would have killed The Guardian had he not been wearing that stupid neck thing. It wouldn't take much at all for me to change my mind on this.

Comment

• ROUND 5

Otavio Consone vs. Kyra

I agree with the consensus that Consone would wina close fight.
                                                    VOTE: Consone

Kronos vs. The Kurgan

I don't know where people get to thinking that Kronos would take Kurgan. I don't buy it for a second. That dude is an amazing fighter (Kronos) but he's always been in a pack where Kurgan has always been a lone wolf which is necessary in a one-on-one fight against one of the best fighters in history. Kurgan is, in my opinion, a bigger and stronger version of Kronos.
                                                    VOTE: Kurgan

I feel like this could go either way. If they fought 100 times, I don't think one fighter would cream the other. I think it would end up about 55/45 for the winner. I think Xavier, not knowing who Silas is, in the first fight would be at a disadvantage because I don't think he'd expect Silas to be as good a fighter as he is. So I think Silas would take round 1. I think Xavier being a heavily skilled and trained fighter would take more of the later contests once he adapted to Silas's style (which I doubt would change all that much after the first couple of fights). So technically, Silas.
                                                    VOTE: Silas

I'm going to go with Jedi on this one. I am more impressed with Zai than he is, but I am giving Rebecca this fight. I don't even though Zai's technique is what impressed everyone but the fact that he didn't just get obliterated in 4 seconds by the Guardian is impressive.
                                                    VOTE: Rebecca

Comment

Working...
                                                    X