No announcement yet.

Immortal Summer Slam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have thought Nakano, but you are giving Rodica some high-ish stats. Is this her post having taken the priest's head and thus worrying about the diluted effects of Dracula?

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
      Nicholas Ward commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, most stats are taking their best into consideration in relation to other immortals.

Still, even though she has better stats on average, she has no special skill which Nakano does have, so when applying that skill, Nakano would win.

I'm not familiar with Rodica so it would be difficult to vote for her. Still, Nakano's power of illusion is powerful so I'm going to give it to him and not entirely just because I don't know Rodica.

Comment

Rodica because she has kick ass hair and shiny armor and the numbers are with her, any illusion is immaterial.

* https://highlander.fandom.com/wiki/Rodica_Lupei

Comment

I will go with Nakano.
      "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

So Rodica puts up a decent fight but Nakano manages to fool her and takes her head:
        Nakano
        Attack 60
        Defence 55
        Speed 52
        Agility 51
        Strength 43
        Power: 266
        Average: 53
        Arrogance -1% -3
        Adaptability 0% 0
        Special skill:
        Master of Illusion:
        Lower opponents Total by 50.
        Good Total: 264

Next fight:

Brian Cullen versus Grayson
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Cullen vs Grayson.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	9582
        Brian Cullen Grayson
        Attack 90 Attack 87
        Defence 90 Defence 87
        Speed 85 Speed 87
        Agility 73 Agility 80
        Strength 74 Strength 83
        Power: 412 VS. Power: 424
        Average: 82 Average: 85
        Arrogance -3% -12 Arrogance -3% -13
        Adaptability 0% 0 Adaptability 1% 4
        Special skill: Special skill:
        Drug abuse:
        Brian Cullens stats can not increase.
        Steadfastness:
        Unaffected by Psychological Warfare
        Evil Total: 400 Neutral Total: 416
        May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Before I cast my vote, I just need to know one thing and I can't remember if it has been addressed. Are the two contestants fighting in their prime? Obviously, I ask due to the condition we saw Cullen in during Curage.
          "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
            Nicholas Ward commented
            Editing a comment
            Since anything goes, the players decide.

If you like to exclusively pitch fighters against each other whilst in their prime, or have them murder the other immortals in their sleep, either is fine.

So if you like Grayson to be in his prime from his time with Darius, sure, go ahead!

I actually consider Grayson in his prime in present day. Cullen's the one I'm worried about. If I take present day Cullen v Grayson, Grayson wins. If I take primed Cullen he could very likely take Grayson.

Comment

I think Cullen is really good but Grayson is a better, more levelheaded, fighter.
            Cullen is weakminded, drugged up & paranoid, he'll be jumpy but Grayson would keep his cool. He won't be ambushed because strategically Grayson is pretty good as well.

My vote goes to Grayson.

Comment

I actually put some time and thought into this. Many look down on Brian because of what he became and not so much of what he was at one time. I agree with Aragorn that we witnessed Grayson in his actual prime because he pretty much owned Duncan in their fight. Grayson is as dangerous on the mental side as he is on the physical side. I prefer the fights to be at each fighters prime, as that is when we will get the best fight. One thing about Grayson, he will see Brian's nerves not quite where they should be. He will talk a lot of smack, trying to get in Brian's head. Grayson tells Brian how he sees the fear, but he can help him. He has all the answers if he would just join Grayson instead of fight him. Cullen, known in many places as the best swordsman, tells Grayson he would never join him. Grayson tells him he has just what he needs in his pocket and reaches into his coat. Brian's instincts kick in and he draws his sword. The fight is brutal and vicious. In the end, Brian takes Grayson's head and receives a very powerful quickening.

During the Quickening, Cullen sees the battles Grayson has been part of, the march across the globe, and the alleged betrayal of Darius. From the Quickening, Brian gains Grayson's knowledge of battle tactics, business acumen, and aggressiveness. As Brian sits, recovering, he begins to feel something else; anger....hate. Burning desire to kill a man he has never even seen before. It strikes him as odd, but he brushes it off. As he starts to walk away, he remembers Grayson was reaching for a hidden weapon (probably a gun, Bruan thinks to himself). Brian goes to Grayson's body and reaches into the coat pocket. There is no weapon. It is a clear plastic bag, containing some sort of powder. Vurious, he opens the bag and tastes it. The taste is odd, but the sensation he gets from it..... Any fears or hesitations are gone IMMEDIATELY. Brian smiles and puts the bag in his pocket. The victory is his, along with this special bonus prize.

And deep in Brian's mind, he hears Grayson's voice say "And now, you are mine. Priest, I come for you next".

For the record, on my own list, I have Brian ranked only two spots above Grayson.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                dubiousbystander commented
                Editing a comment
                Slash, that's not far from the Highlander Dark Places plot.

Slash, that was a fun read. I'm going with that! Brian wins and gains some perspective and acumen from Grayson.

Comment

So Brian Cullen takes out Grayson and gains his steadfastness.
                Brian Cullen
                Attack 99
                Defence 99
                Speed 85
                Agility 74
                Strength 76
                Power: 419
                Average: 84
                Arrogance -3% -13
                Adaptability 1% 4
                Special skill:
                Steadfastness:
                Unaffected by Psychological Warfare
                Evil Total: 411
                Next fight:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Webster vs Kenneth.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.0 KB ID:	9600
                Michelle Webster Kenneth
                Attack 5 Attack 11
                Defence 5 Defence 11
                Speed 5 Speed 11
                Agility 5 Agility 11
                Strength 5 Strength 11
                Power: 25 VS. Power: 55
                Average: 5 Average: 11
                Arrogance 0% 0 Arrogance -1% -1
                Adaptability 0% 0 Adaptability 10% 6
                Gain Trust:
                Negate opponents Attack, Defence & Adaptability, Double opponents Arrogance.
                If opponents Defence is <1 double Kenny's total.
                Good Total: 25 Evil Total: 60

Comment

Oh, dear Lord, that's an evil pairing. Since I despise them both it's pretty much a toss up, but since they were both Amanda's students, and Michelle has the reach and the self involvement not to go all mushy and trustful over a kid she'd think an annoyance more than anything, I might give it to her if it's a sunny day and the ice cream truck has been around.

Comment

I'm voting for Kenneth. He's a devious little creature and his tactics are very successful. Kenneth will have no trouble in misleading Michelle and setting up a situation in which he can take her head.

Comment

I agree with Ward on this one, I think Kenny would have no qualms killing her. I think she'd lower her guard because he's a kid and he'd hack her to bits, sadly. One of the only people in the field I think Kenny would beat. But I think he'd win this. Assuming we can't move to "2019" when she has been training for 20+ years?

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
                        Nicholas Ward commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In a straight up fight Kenneth would lose to many because he is physically weaker.
                        But since this an anything goes format, I think Kenneth could beat many immortals.

And you could have Michelle be trained up for 20+ years, she'd be a better fighter but probably still gullible enough to get whacked by Kenneth. XD

Why arrogance, though? By numbers, it seems that Rodica ought to win.

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
                        Nicholas Ward commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Because I think she has a touch of arrogance.
                        And yes, Rodica is physically stronger than Nakano but Nakano has his power of illusion which brings down his opponents total by 50 points.

• dubiousbystander
                        Editing a comment
                        Good, good.

So Kenneth wins!
                      Kenneth
                      Attack 12
                      Defence 12
                      Speed 12
                      Agility 12
                      Strength 12
                      Power: 58
                      Average: 12
                      Arrogance -1% -1
                      Adaptability 10% 6
                      Special skill:
                      Gain Trust:
                      Negate opponents Attack, Defence & Adaptability, Double opponents Arrogance.
                      If opponents Defence is <1 double Kenny's total.
                      Neutral Total: 63
                      Next fight:

Andrus Keradoc (Vlad Dracula; Highlander: Dark Places) versus Marcus Korolus
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Keradoc vs Korolus.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.2 KB ID:	9628
                      Andrus Keradoc Marcus Korolus
                      Attack 76 Attack 30
                      Defence 70 Defence 24
                      Speed 69 Speed 26
                      Agility 60 Agility 27
                      Strength 70 Strength 27
                      Power: 345 VS. Power: 134
                      Average: 69 Average: 27
                      Arrogance -3% -10 Arrogance -2% -3
                      Adaptability 5% 17 Adaptability 1% 1
                      Conquerer: If Andrus Keradoc is defeated in a fight, the winner gains the stats
                      of Andrus Keradoc if the winners’ stats are lower.
                      Psychological Warfare:
                      Lower opponents power by 15.
                      Madness:
                      Marcus Korolus' power cannot be altered.
                      Hidden blade: Lower opponents Strength by 10.
                      Total: 352 Evil Total: 133

Comment

Yeah, Keradoc takes this. I don't even have to look at the stats. Though they are impressive!

Comment

Did someone make a Highlander fanfic where Vlad the Impaler / Dracula was a vampire? Cause... he was beheaded historically, you know? *shrug*

Korolus wins because Vlad was about to take him out and people thought an old man was being attacked for no reason. Some people grab Vlad and Korolus takes his head. Surprise upset.

Comment

Name:	Cahill vs Timon.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	9637
                            Alfred Cahill Timon
                            Attack 40 Attack 34
                            Defence 43 Defence 37
                            Speed 38 Speed 37
                            Agility 40 Agility 34
                            Strength 53 Strength 36
                            Power: 214 VS. Power: 178
                            Average: 43 Average: 36
                            Arrogance 0% 0 Arrogance 0% 0
                            Adaptability 1% 2 Adaptability 0% 0
                            Madness:
                            Alfred Cahills power cannot be altered.
                            Evil Total: 216 Good Total: 178

Let's continue where we left off!

Comment

Who was declared the winner of the previous match?

This is a tough match.

I'm going with a storyline where Timon escaped Kalas and fled and was able to avoid him and lived to current day.

Timon has lived a good life and tries to help Cahill just like Duncan did. I think it goes sour and Cahill attacks Timon in an inopportune time and manages to kill him. Very sad.

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
                                Nicholas Ward commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Andrus Keradoc won, barely escaping with his life from the angry mob you and Mr. Slash called in.
                                He did get the madness that posessed Marcus Korolus.

Andrus Keradoc
                                Attack  79
                                Defence  72
                                Speed  72
                                Agility  63
                                Strength  73

Power:  358
                                Average: 72

Arrogance -3% -11
                                Adaptability 5% 18
                                Special skill:

Total: Total: 366
                                Last edited by Nicholas Ward; 10-07-2019, 07:17 AM.

Disagree, Timon is 1,000 years old, even after a lifetime as a monk, he's still got the skills and the instincts he needs to take down Mr Crazy. Cahill may have had military training, but that training didn't include a sword. The man who was weaned on Fiore dei Liberi whups up on the guy with the psychosis.

Comment

I think Timon will take it. While Cahill is no doubt more skilled with weapons and fighting, he has no idea just what immortality means. While he will kill Timon a few times, he nevers chops his head off. Timon eventually beheads Cahill. With this, Timon becomes considerably more dangerous by gaining Cahill's fighting knowledge. Timon also gets a bit of Cahill's crazy. Timon begins to hear voices. He is becoming increasingly concerned he has somehow lost favor with the almighty. This will effect him in coming fights. Whenever he senses another immortal, he pleads with his god to not force him to kill again.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I prefer to disagree here. Cahill is a CHILD. He has no Immortal continuity, no strength, no WEIGHT, as such. Cahill's is too "small" to have an effect on Timon.

And so Timon takes out Cahill
                                Timon
                                Attack 35
                                Defence 38
                                Speed 37
                                Agility 35
                                Strength 39
                                Power: 200
                                Average: 40
                                Arrogance 0% 0
                                Adaptability 1% 2
                                Special skill:
                                Good Total: 202
                                Next fight:

Mario Cordoza (Assassin, Highlander the Raven) versus Reno (Assassin, Highlander II)

Name:	Cordoza vs Reno.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	9746
                                Mario Cordoza Reno
                                Attack 75 Attack 29
                                Defence 70 Defence 29
                                Speed 65 Speed 29
                                Agility 70 Agility 29
                                Strength 72 Strength 29
                                Power: 352 VS. Power: 145
                                Average: 70 Average: 29
                                Arrogance -2% -7 Arrogance -2% -3
                                Adaptability 0 0 Adaptability 0% 0
                                Madness: Renos power cannot be altered.
                                Stupidity: Double effects of Special skills.
                                Tag-Team: If Corda is present, add 10 to Reno's attack.
                                Evil Total: 345 Evil Total: 142

Comment

Reno is chasing Cordoza around an airport. Fight spills out onto the runway. Reno trips and ends up in flying into the engine of an airplane which cuts him to pieces. Cordoza wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Slash View Post
                                    With this, Timon becomes considerably more dangerous by gaining Cahill's fighting knowledge.
                                    I like this narrative where Timon is running around in present day and gets a few key beheadings and becomes powerful and wins the prize. lol

Comment

Working...
                                    X