Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    Kurgan & May-Ling Shen in a good but fairly predictable fight.

Robert and Gina got some very lucky draws in the later rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Going to select one match, two people get a bye. Then we'll have final 4. So a final two-on-two match. Then that team will face each other one-on-one to determine the winner. Luck of the draw.

Jin Ke & Iman Fasil
    vs.
    Kurgan & May-Ling Shen

bye: Robert & Gina de Valicourt
    I think Fasil is the weak link in this fight. Jin Ke and May-Ling likely have knowledge of each others styles and might like to show off a bit. With the Kurgan either cutting Fasil in half when he tries to back flip to a better position or Kurgan not bothering chasing Fasil and interfering in the fight with Jin Ke, either outcome would mean May-Ling and Kurgan win.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Going to select one match, two people get a bye. Then we'll have final 4. So a final two-on-two match. Then that team will face each other one-on-one to determine the winner. Luck of the draw.

Jin Ke & Iman Fasil
    vs.
    Kurgan & May-Ling Shen

bye: Robert & Gina de Valicourt

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Final 6:

1. Gina de Valicourt
    2. Iman Fasil
    3. Jin Ke
    4. Kurgan
    5. May-Ling Shen
    6. Robert de Valicourt

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Robert de Valicourt & Iman Fasil
    d.
    Lord Byron & Haresh Clay

Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen
    d.
    Everett Bellian & Katharine

Gina de Valicourt & Kurgan
    d.
    Brian Cullen & Anthony Gallen

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Down to final 12

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    vs.

So I think Byron is actually a pretty good sword fighter. His gimp gives him a disadvantage against two fighters as skilled and quick as Robert and Fasil are. Clay is a bit better than both Robert and Fasil, IMO. I have to agree with the group on this even though I think Clay is by far the best. If Clay is fighting Fasil, while I'm very confident Clay wins I don't think it's over quickly. I don't think Robert outclasses Byron but I think that fight is over WAY faster than Clay v Fasil so Robert and Fasil v Clay would be clearly go to Robert & Fasil. I think the case is the same for Clay fighting Robert. So yeah, Robert & Fasil
    VOTE: RDV & Fasil

vs.
    Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen

I suspect Jin Ke & MLS may know each other. They would clean up, IMO. No doubt. Dangerous pair.
    VOTE: Jin Ke & MLS

vs.

Gallen's getting taken out and Kurgan and Gina will take down Cullen.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    ROUND 5

Down to final 12

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    vs.

vs.
    Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen

vs.
    1. Team de Valicourt would win this fairly easy.
    2. Team Ke has the speed advantage
    3. Team De Valicourt would destroy their opponents.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    1 Byron and Clay vs Valicourt and Fasil
    That is so... even. Dang! I think it rather depends on who primarily fights who. Valicourt is, in theory, a sneaky devil. Byron is as well, but his survival instinct has been suspect. Since people have been saying Fasil, having been one of the last, must be hella good, he might be up to Clay. So... Valicourt and Fasil.

2 This is torture, man! Torture! Emotionally I'd go with Bellian and Katherine, but I have always hurt over May-Ling's beheading in the bleeping POOL. Maybe... Maybe Jin Ke and May-Ling.

3. I think Gina and Kurgan would take this with effort, but they would take this.
    Last edited by dubiousbystander; 11-04-2019, 06:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    Nice matches again today.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    vs.

Byron's luck runs out, and it will cost his partner. Both RDV and Fasil are more than good enough to keep up with Clay long enough for Byron to be dispatched.

vs.
    Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen

Man, what a tremendous team Jin Ke & May-Ling would be! Their overall team speed would likely be the best of any combination. As good as he was, Bellian was still a youngun and would eventually fail to keep up, giving team Jin/May-Ling the win.

vs.

Gina would HATE working with Kurgan. But if it means her survival, she'd do it. Gallen would not beat either of his opponents, so Cullen would be left to fend for himself against 2, one of whom being Kurgan. Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 5

Down to final 12

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    vs.

vs.
    Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen

vs.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    I would hold this up, but I feel like most of us have voted. So let me tally....

Liam O'Rourke & Hans Kershner = 1
    May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian = 5

Iman Fasil & Katharine = 5
    Antonius Kalas & Lymon Kurlow = 1

Wow, I am stunned that Kalas & Kurlow lost so badly, I thought it would be me 6-0 for them. But I'm cool with it, fair points from everyone even though after all the debate, I still disagree. But I don't have a problem with Fasil & Katharine winning; it's not impossible at all.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Slash View Post
    Kurlow is the low man here. I have always been of the opinion that, had Kurlow been portrayed by almost anybody else, he won't look near as good.
    So you've argued this a long time, and I don't think your point is totally unfair. That being said, even if you just consider the attacks he got in on the fight, Kurlow did actually slice season 3 Duncan across the gut in a clean fight. Not a lot of people did that.

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    Liam O'Rourke & Hans Kershner
    vs.
    May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian

Shen is the best combatant here, and Bellian was one tough cookie. O'Rourke was scrappy but nothing special, and Kershner was very disappointing. Going with Shen/Bellian to survive.

Iman Fasil & Katharine
    vs.
    Antonius Kalas & Lymon Kurlow

I get what Aragorn's saying about team chemistry, but IMO Katherine would beat either of the other two, and Fasil probably would as well. No teamwork really necessary. Even if Kalas could beat one of his opponents, it won't be before Kurlow is dispatched so it's a moot point.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied

May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian - Despite Hans and his skills, team Shen squeaks it out.,

Iman Fasil & Katharine - I'd say this is an incredibly formidable team.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    1. Liam O'Rourke & Hans Kershner vs. May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian
    I get Nicholas' reasoning, but am inclined toward May-Ling Shen and Bellian.

2. Iman Fasil & Katharine vs. Antonius Kalas & Lymon Kurlow
    Katherine and Fasil!

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    ROUND 4 - DAY 2

vs.

Iman Fasil & Katharine
    vs.
    1. Hans is way better than the others. O'Rourke can hold his own long enough for Kirschner to win his fight. So Team Kirschner takes this.

2. Katharine is insanely good, she can take Kala's. Kurlow vs. Fasil is a coin toss but I'll vote for Fasil here. So Team Katharine wins.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian - I think this borders on one-sided.

Iman Fasil & Katharine - I will probably be the only one to vote this way. Kalas is definitely a killer. He is on my personal top 10 and higher than the others. Kurlow is the low man here. I have always been of the opinion that, had Kurlow been portrayed by almost anybody else, he won't look near as good. Fasil is mean to be one of the last immortals originally. For me, that carries a whole lot of weight. In addition, Katherine is over 2,000 years old and she did not spend that time on holy ground. She knows how to fight. Kalas can take one of these in a one-on-one fight. Kurlow cannot and he will die first.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    vs.

I think Shen & Bellian would pair up nicely and work together. Kershner would be tough for anyone. I am pretty confident May-Ling would take out O'Rourke; and I'd give her a slight edge over Kershner. Kershner would take Bellian but I think Bellian and O'Rourke would be a coin toss. Skill level is relatively even (slight nod to Shen/Bellian, IMO). I think team chemistry would really be a determining factor here and I have to give that to Shen & Bellian.
    VOTE: Shen & Bellian

Iman Fasil & Katharine
    vs.

Speaking of chemistry, doubt there would be much between Fasil & Katharine where I feel like Kalas & Kurlow (at least for a round) would get along swimmingly.
    VOTE: Kalas & Kurlow

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 4 - DAY 2

vs.

Iman Fasil & Katharine
    vs.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied

Brian Cullen & Kurgan
    d.
    Amanda & Otavio Consone

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
    d.
    Zachary Blaine & Graham Ashe

Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt
    d.
    Matthew McCormick & Kamir

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    d.
    Zai Jie & Kern

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied

Brian Cullen & Kurgan - this is really no question in my mind. Amanda just doesn't have it for this bout.

Zachary Blaine & Graham Ashe - I really think Blaine is better than suspected and Ashe was always good.

Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt - much as I'd like to vote for McCormick gotta give it to the tag team with the experience.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay - Kern is the Achilles heel here, and team Clay takes it.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    But Aragorn, these ones are hard for me!

1. is very hard. I've flipped back and forth a few times. If Cullen is at the top of his game, then he and the Kurgan should take this.

2 . I'm a bit torn. I have never forgiven Jin Ke for being in Kell's little group. However, I think he and Gallen might beat Blaine and Ashe.

3. Yeah, the de Valicourts are liable to win, but boy would the other two make it hard.

4. Really a toughie. Coin-flipping tough for me. I can't see Kern winning this one, so Lord Byron and Haresh Clay will take it. Poor, tough, Zai Jie.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    commented on 's reply
    No, I only corrected a typo. In the 2nd paragraph I wrote pai-up instead of pair up

• Aragorn
    commented on 's reply
    I can totally see you and Ward's point in the first fight. I've just seen what happens when someone runs Kurgan through with a sword. So I don't think Consone will be but so effective against Kurgan. If Amanda makes even a slight mistake, she's toast.

• Aragorn
    replied
    Going to give this one more day for someone to break ties. If nobody does, I'll move on. It's late enough in the tournament and two of these matches are fantastic. So we'll see how it pans out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X