Messenger & Richie Ryan
    vs.
    Haresh Clay & Iman Fasil

Lord Byron & Graham Ashe
    vs.
    Kane & Horvan Kant

Get byes:
    Brian Cullen, Liam O'Rourke
    1. Team Jie, the women are good but not as good as those 2.

2. Team Fasil. Richie doesn't have enough luck here.

3. Team Byron, because Byron is awesome.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Zai Jie & Jin Ke - Too bad for the ladies. They will put up a good fight though.

Haresh Clay & Iman Fasil - Another good fight, but these two will own Richie and the SOA prez.

Lord Byron & Graham Ashe - Kant is the weak link here. Even with a limp, Byron could take Kant pretty quick. Kame can't handle the two on one thing without illusion powers and lackeys.

"It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• Zai Jie & Jin Ke d. Rebecca Horne & Alexis Raven
        Haresh Clay & Iman Fasil d. Messenger & Richie Ryan
        Lord Byron & Graham Ashe d. Kane & Horvan Kant

Get byes:
        Brian Cullen, Liam O'Rourke

Comment

• ROUND 4!!

We are getting down to it....

Brian Cullen & Kurgan
          vs.
          Amanda & Otavio Consone

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
          vs.
          Zachary Blaine & Graham Ashe

Matthew McCormick & Kamir
          vs.
          Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
          vs.
          Zai Jie & Kern

Comment

Brian Cullen & Kurgan
            vs.
            Amanda & Otavio Consone

This match is probably closer than it looks on paper, but at the end of the day Amanda's going to cost her team. She's become so much more capable based on her experiences on the Raven. Kudos to her, but she's not beating Cullen or Kurgan without cheating like nobody's business. I think she'll eventually get cut down and Cullen and Kurgan would win. Although, I think they would lack chemistry together. But I think they are just so individually talented they would win. But I think their lack of chemistry would make this fight much closer than it should be.
            VOTE: Cullen & Kurgan

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
            vs.

This is tough because I think Blaine would take on Jin Ke. While obviously Jin Ke is better, I don't think that fight would be over quick. Blaine can keep up with Jin Ke's speed for a bit. If Jin Ke disarmed him, I think Blaine would flee instead of just standing there and getting butchered. I think Ashe would take out Gallen and if we now have Ashe & Blaine vs Jin Ke, I think they could possibly take him. It would very much be a Darth Maul v. Obi-Wan & Qui-Gonn type fight. I think it would still be a level fight for a while but I think Blaine's speed would be able to keep the fight on Jin Ke. Hmm. I'm going with an upset here.
            VOTE: Blaine & Ashe

vs.

This is relatively close if you're just comparing the 4 fighters on the board, but I think Robert & Gina's 300+ years history will make the world of difference here. They have likely fought together on numerous occasions and would just know each other so well together. I've little doubt they'd pick apart those two who would have little chemistry.
            VOTE: the De Valicourts

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
            vs.
            Zai Jie & Kern

Byron would be hampered by his gimp, but I think he could hang with Kern for a bit. Even if he went and fought Zai (and lost), I think Clay would clean up Kern. I think Clay's by far the best fighter here. Zai in 2nd, Kern and Byron are pretty close. One way or another, Clay finishes it out for his team.
            VOTE: Byron & Clay

Comment

• AMAZING ROUND!!!

Brian Cullen & Kurgan - Had Consone got a different draw, this easily could have gone another way. In my rakings, I have Consone ranked #4, behind the MacLeods and Kronos. The two right below him are Kurgan and Cullen. Unfortunately for Consone, Amanda is nowhere near this level. I absolutely think Consone could hold his own against two guys, even the level of Brian and Kurgan. But eventually, they will get him. Damn good fight though.

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen - Another good fight that would be close. Jin Key and Gallen's advatage here is speed; particularly Jin Ke's.

Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt - I think the big thing here for Robert and Gina here is you can bet they have worked out plenty together. They have been together so long, they know not only each other's styles but how to work together. Because of this, I would pick them over MANY other pairings.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay - Clay is going to lay waste to either of his opponents. He would wisely go after Zai Jie. Byron might be fighting with a limp, but Kern, while powerful, is very lumbering with his style and Byron could easily hold his own. Plus, if Byron starts quoting poems and such, Kern is going to get irritated and reckless. byron and Clay will each kill their individual opponents right around the same time.
              "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
                ROUND 4!!

We are getting down to it....

Brian Cullen & Kurgan
                vs.
                Amanda & Otavio Consone

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
                vs.

vs.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
                vs.
                Zai Jie & Kern
                1. This is where the Kurgan goes down. Amanda is a master at stalling and interfering. She'll get him to chase after her easily whilst Consone will battle Cullen. When Consone cuts down cullen, The Kuragn will go down against Amanda's acrobatics and Consone's flawless counterattacks.

2. Nice pair up but Ashe isn't up to the challenge here, he takes too long taking out Gallen and loses his head to Ke.

3. Team the Valicourt would win ANY match-up.

4. Lovely teams but Kern and Zie would power through Byron and Clay here.
                Last edited by Nicholas Ward; 10-27-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• CURRENT SCORES:

Brian Cullen & Kurgan = 2
                  Amanda & Otavio Consone = 1

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen = 2
                  Zachary Blaine & Graham Ashe = 1

Matthew McCormick & Kamir = 0
                  Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt = 3

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay = 3
                  Zai Jie & Kern = 0

Comment

• Ward voted for Zai and Kern.

Comment

• Aragorn
                      Aragorn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He changed it (edited after I posted that). But thanks for letting me know!

• Nicholas Ward
                      Nicholas Ward commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, I only corrected a typo. In the 2nd paragraph I wrote pai-up instead of pair up

Brian Cullen & Kurgan
                    vs.
                    Amanda & Otavio Consone

I agree with Ward on this one. Toe-to-toe, there's no way Amanda can beat Cullen or Kurgan. But she doesn't need to, at least not by herself. And she'll use that to her advantage. Kurgan will go after her (because...obviously), leaving Cullen and Consone. Without seeing prime Cullen in action, I'd have to give the nod to Otavio. Meanwhile, Amanda is taunting and dodging Kurgan like nobody's business. When Consone's done with Cullen, he'll assist Amanda in maneuvering Kurgan into a compromising position, at which point it's curtains for the big fella.

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
                    vs.

Jin Ke is the only top tier guy here, and he's got a partner that won't go down quickly.

vs.

Gina and Robert use superior team tactics to dominate.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
                    vs.
                    Zai Jie & Kern

Byron was handicapped but still managed to show decently against prime Mac. I think he'd last long enough to help Clay (not that Haresh would need it).

Comment

• Aragorn
                      Aragorn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can totally see you and Ward's point in the first fight. I've just seen what happens when someone runs Kurgan through with a sword. So I don't think Consone will be but so effective against Kurgan. If Amanda makes even a slight mistake, she's toast.

• CURRENT SCORES:

Brian Cullen & Kurgan = 2
                    Amanda & Otavio Consone = 2

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen = 3
                    Zachary Blaine & Graham Ashe = 1

Matthew McCormick & Kamir = 0
                    Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt = 4

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay = 2
                    Zai Jie & Kern = 2

Comment

• Going to give this one more day for someone to break ties. If nobody does, I'll move on. It's late enough in the tournament and two of these matches are fantastic. So we'll see how it pans out.

Comment

• But Aragorn, these ones are hard for me!

1. is very hard. I've flipped back and forth a few times. If Cullen is at the top of his game, then he and the Kurgan should take this.

2 . I'm a bit torn. I have never forgiven Jin Ke for being in Kell's little group. However, I think he and Gallen might beat Blaine and Ashe.

3. Yeah, the de Valicourts are liable to win, but boy would the other two make it hard.

4. Really a toughie. Coin-flipping tough for me. I can't see Kern winning this one, so Lord Byron and Haresh Clay will take it. Poor, tough, Zai Jie.

Comment

Brian Cullen & Kurgan - this is really no question in my mind. Amanda just doesn't have it for this bout.

Zachary Blaine & Graham Ashe - I really think Blaine is better than suspected and Ashe was always good.

Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt - much as I'd like to vote for McCormick gotta give it to the tag team with the experience.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay - Kern is the Achilles heel here, and team Clay takes it.

Comment

• Brian Cullen & Kurgan
                            d.
                            Amanda & Otavio Consone

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
                            d.

d.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
                            d.
                            Zai Jie & Kern

Comment

• ROUND 4 - DAY 2

Liam O'Rourke & Hans Kershner
                              vs.
                              May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian

Iman Fasil & Katharine
                              vs.
                              Antonius Kalas & Lymon Kurlow

Comment

vs.

I think Shen & Bellian would pair up nicely and work together. Kershner would be tough for anyone. I am pretty confident May-Ling would take out O'Rourke; and I'd give her a slight edge over Kershner. Kershner would take Bellian but I think Bellian and O'Rourke would be a coin toss. Skill level is relatively even (slight nod to Shen/Bellian, IMO). I think team chemistry would really be a determining factor here and I have to give that to Shen & Bellian.
                                VOTE: Shen & Bellian

Iman Fasil & Katharine
                                vs.

Speaking of chemistry, doubt there would be much between Fasil & Katharine where I feel like Kalas & Kurlow (at least for a round) would get along swimmingly.
                                VOTE: Kalas & Kurlow

Comment

May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian - I think this borders on one-sided.

Iman Fasil & Katharine - I will probably be the only one to vote this way. Kalas is definitely a killer. He is on my personal top 10 and higher than the others. Kurlow is the low man here. I have always been of the opinion that, had Kurlow been portrayed by almost anybody else, he won't look near as good. Fasil is mean to be one of the last immortals originally. For me, that carries a whole lot of weight. In addition, Katherine is over 2,000 years old and she did not spend that time on holy ground. She knows how to fight. Kalas can take one of these in a one-on-one fight. Kurlow cannot and he will die first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
                                    ROUND 4 - DAY 2

vs.

Iman Fasil & Katharine
                                    vs.
                                    1. Hans is way better than the others. O'Rourke can hold his own long enough for Kirschner to win his fight. So Team Kirschner takes this.

2. Katharine is insanely good, she can take Kala's. Kurlow vs. Fasil is a coin toss but I'll vote for Fasil here. So Team Katharine wins.

Comment

• 1. Liam O'Rourke & Hans Kershner vs. May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian
                                      I get Nicholas' reasoning, but am inclined toward May-Ling Shen and Bellian.

2. Iman Fasil & Katharine vs. Antonius Kalas & Lymon Kurlow
                                      Katherine and Fasil!

Comment

• May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian - Despite Hans and his skills, team Shen squeaks it out.,

Iman Fasil & Katharine - I'd say this is an incredibly formidable team.

Comment

vs.

Shen is the best combatant here, and Bellian was one tough cookie. O'Rourke was scrappy but nothing special, and Kershner was very disappointing. Going with Shen/Bellian to survive.

Iman Fasil & Katharine
                                          vs.

I get what Aragorn's saying about team chemistry, but IMO Katherine would beat either of the other two, and Fasil probably would as well. No teamwork really necessary. Even if Kalas could beat one of his opponents, it won't be before Kurlow is dispatched so it's a moot point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Slash View Post
                                            Kurlow is the low man here. I have always been of the opinion that, had Kurlow been portrayed by almost anybody else, he won't look near as good.
                                            So you've argued this a long time, and I don't think your point is totally unfair. That being said, even if you just consider the attacks he got in on the fight, Kurlow did actually slice season 3 Duncan across the gut in a clean fight. Not a lot of people did that.

Comment

• I would hold this up, but I feel like most of us have voted. So let me tally....

Liam O'Rourke & Hans Kershner = 1
                                              May-Ling Shen & Everett Bellian = 5

Iman Fasil & Katharine = 5
                                              Antonius Kalas & Lymon Kurlow = 1

Wow, I am stunned that Kalas & Kurlow lost so badly, I thought it would be me 6-0 for them. But I'm cool with it, fair points from everyone even though after all the debate, I still disagree. But I don't have a problem with Fasil & Katharine winning; it's not impossible at all.

Comment

• ROUND 5

Down to final 12

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
                                                vs.
                                                Robert de Valicourt & Iman Fasil

Everett Bellian & Katharine
                                                vs.
                                                Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen

Gina de Valicourt & Kurgan
                                                vs.
                                                Brian Cullen & Anthony Gallen

Comment

Working...
                                                X