X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIGHT OF THE DAY! - LETHAL LOTTERY!

Alright, here is tournament two!

RULES:

1. Two immortals at random will be selected to face another randomly selected team.
    2. Both immortals must be defeated for a team to advance.
    3. Assume immortals are willing to double-team each other.
    4. Quickenings are DELAYED until the entire fight is over. Do not take them into consideration.
    5. Fight takes place in a baseball stadium. Assume both immortals (on the same team) enter together on opposite sides of the baseball stadium from the other team.
    6. If the immortals know each other in the series/movies, assume they now each other here.
    7. If the immortals fight ended with a beheading; assume the loser escaped.
    8. Each round, new teams will be selected.
    9. The last two immortals left in the tournament will face each other; the winner taking the tournament.

I have removed the Guardian, Jacob Kell and the Elder from the field.

ROUND 1.

Manny Rieta & Kyra
    vs.
    Richie Ryan & Lymon Kurlow

Carter Wellan & Khabul Khan
    vs.
    Sharon Collins & General Katana

Ivan Kristov & Jean Phillippe de la Faye III
    vs.
    Kronos & Myron Corman

Cory Raines & Mako
    vs.
    Liam O'Rourke & Gabriel Piton

Comment

Manny Rieta & Kyra
      vs.

So I think this fight would go on a bit. I think Kurlow and Kyra would fight and I think Kurlow would be brilliant about dragging it out for a bit. I think Richie would eventually take out Manny and I think Richie and Kurlow together would take Kyra.
      VOTE: Richie & Kurlow

vs.

I think Sharon and Katana are the two weakest fighters here. Sharon being the weakest by far. I think Katana would last a few moments against either Carter or Khan but I think Sharon would either die super fast or she'd just run and hide and be useless and hope Katana can handle them. He can't even almost.
      VOTE: Wellan & Khan

vs.
      Kronos & Myron Corman

I think Corman's more or less even with Kristov or Jean Phillipe. Kronos would destroy either, quickly. Then Kronos and Corman would easily trash whoever was left.
      VOTE: Kronos & Corman

Cory Raines & Mako
      vs.

I think O'Rourke and Piton are the 2 best in this match and I think they could get along just fine. Whatever chance Raines & Mako had are toast by the fact that Mako probably knows of Raines and probably would have issues working with him.
      VOTE: O'Rourke & Piton

Comment

Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
        ROUND 1.

Manny Rieta & Kyra
        vs.

vs.

vs.
        Kronos & Myron Corman

Cory Raines & Mako
        vs.
        Hmm, so decapitations are performed after both immortals on 1 team are subdued/defeated?

1. I doubt that Richie would know what to do against unconventional weapons but his luck factor is enormous, he'd probably stumble though the fight and create opportunities for Lymon Kurlow to take advantage of. Winners: Team Ryan/Kurlow

2. General Katana recognizes an unfavorable position when faced with one, so he'll order Sharon Collins to distract the Mongol warrior with her assets. Katana is more than capable to take out a leatherboy with his extendable sword. And killing some henchman after that is just a daily chore. Winners: Team Katana

3. Kronos will roll his eyes when he sees Corman fall against the young swordsman Jean Philippe de la Faye III and ponder if he should take his teammates head too after he disposes of Kristov and de la Faye easily himself. Winners: Team Kronos

4. Team O'Rourke/Piton will win this easy.
        May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

I had to google three of these guys. Can you guess which?

I'm in agreement on 1 through 3, but not on 4.

Whatever issues Mako and Raines might have, Liam O'Rourke and Gabriel Piton are, to my mind, much less capable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
            Hmm, so decapitations are performed after both immortals on 1 team are subdued/defeated?
            No, quickenings take place after both immortals are taken down.

The point being, if Kronos kills Jean Phillipe, Kristov can't take Kronos's head during the quickening. The quickenings will take place once the fight is over but you CAN and should behead your opponents at any time.

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
              Nicholas Ward commented
              Editing a comment
              But what if both teams lose one immortal, the fights then ends up 1 Vs 1. Does only one progress or is the companion magically revived?

• Aragorn
              Aragorn commented
              Editing a comment
              A team wins when BOTH teammates are defeated. So lets so Kronos kills Jean Phillipe and then Kristov kills Corman, then Kronos and Kristov fight. Winner helps his/her team advance. So Kronos and Corman advance, not just Kronos.

But it's not always just "one on one". If you think the immortals would fight together, that's okay. Or if you think Kronos would kill Jean Phillipe far faster than Kristov would kill Corman, you can say "Yeah Kristov and Corman are still fighting and Kronos shows up and helps Corman off Kristov."

That's why in the 1st match, I said I thought Richie would take out Manny faster than Kurlow/Kyra would be resolved so even though I'd put Kyra over Kurlow I think Manny would be gone long before Kyra finished off Kurlow. So Richie + Kurlow > Kyra. Even though honestly, I don't know Richie would feel good about doube-teaming a woman. So if he stands back and watches, she could take Kurlow and then probably Richie next. Question then becomes, can Richie take out a beat up Kyra? Maybe, but I'd put my money on Kyra. wow, I think I just switched my vote. lol

Manny Rieta & Kyra
            vs.

I think Richie is vastly overrated, but he can beat Manny. However, Kyra can fairly easily dispatch Kurlow. And there is no way Richie beats Kyra. In addition, while Richie can beat Manny, I think he will suffer enough damage that Kyra will walk though him to give her team the win.
            WINNERS - Manny Rieta & Kyra

vs.

Sharon...she is just a hinderance. Katana might hold his own for a bit. Two on one is tough for any immortal. Katana fails.
            WINNERS - Carter Wellan & Khabul Khan

vs.
            Kronos & Myron Corman

Jean Phillippe, the mouthy little cuss. Kronos will absolutely destroy him. Kristov and Corman are about even in my opinion. Kronos comes over and watches for a little bit before icing Krisston himself. After the Quickening, Kronos runs Corman through, just to remind him who is in charge.
            WINNERS - Kronos & Myron Corman

Cory Raines & Mako
            vs.

I like the theory that Mako is familiar with Raines. But in that notion, I would wager he is at least familiar with O'Rourke, given his IRA ties. I liked Mako. He completely owned Richie in their fight and, had he not got stuck, he would have killed Richie. Unfortunately for him, Raines is too busy acting like an idiot. He can't beat either Piton or O'Rourke. So I will say this. Piton kills Raines. Mako kills O'Rourke. Piton still has the energy to kill Mako. For the record, I don't think Gabriel will like Liam very much.
            WINNERS - Liam O'Rourke & Gabriel Piton
            "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Manny Rieta & Kyra
              vs.

The big question is, can Richie dispatch Manny in enough time to help Kurlow with Kyra? If he knows what's good for him, he'll try and do it as quickly as possible. As Nick Ward already pointed out, Richie is ridiculously lucky (when Zoroastrian demons aren't involved), so I think he figures Manny out relatively quickly so that he can help Kurlow finish Kyra off.

vs.

No question, Sharon costs the General here.

vs.
              Kronos & Myron Corman

Kronos revels in how easy this all is.

Cory Raines & Mako
              vs.

Piton and O'Rourke were two of the tougher non-elite fighters in the series. I think they would do well as a team. Raines & Mako, not so much.

Comment

Been prepping for an interview that I have today and also it's my anniversary. I will post new matches soon.

Comment

ROUND 1.

1. Richie Ryan & Lymon Kurlow d. Manny Rieta & Kyra
                  2. Carter Wellan & Khabul Khan d. Sharon Collins & General Katana
                  3. Kronos & Myron Corman d. Ivan Kristov & Jean Phillippe de la Faye III
                  4. Liam O'Rourke & Gabriel Piton d. Cory Raines & Mako

Comment

ROUND 1.

Bartholomew & Caspian
                    vs.
                    Nakano (NO Power of Illusion) & Pierre Seguar

Ernst Daimler & Hugh Fitzcairn
                    vs.
                    Methos & Everett Bellian

Sunda Kastigir & Devon Marek
                    vs.
                    Walter Graham & Luther

Alfred Cahill & Reno
                    vs.
                    Martin Hyde & Bryce Korland

Comment

But... but why no power of illusion?

Comment

ROUND 1.

Bartholomew & Caspian
                        vs.
                        Nakano (NO Power of Illusion) & Pierre Seguar

Ernst Daimler & Hugh Fitzcairn
                        vs.
                        Methos & Everett Bellian

Sunda Kastigir & Devon Marek
                        vs.
                        Walter Graham & Luther

Alfred Cahill & Reno
                        vs.
                        Martin Hyde & Bryce Korland
                        1. Bartholomew was quite a powerhouse with his sword and shield. Without the powers of illusion on his opponents he could take them both out himself.

2. Whilst Ernst Daimler could handle himself pretty good, Fitzcairn is pretty much useless against Methos or Bellian. Team Methos wins this.

3. Yeah, this will be over quick. Luther would take out kastagir and Walter Graham is way better than Marek.

4. Bryce Korland will have a field day torturing 2 madmen. Team Korland wins this.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                          But... but why no power of illusion?
                          I want to rate their abilities as sword fighters. Same reason I don't let people use guns.

Comment

Bartholomew & Caspian - Segur, in my opinion, came off as week. Without the illusion stuff, I don't think Nakano will do well against Bartholomew and a destroyer the level of Caspian.

Methos & Everett Bellian - Fitz was such a great character. But everytime we saw him with a sword, he didn't look too well. He will get taken out pretty quick by whoever he is fighting. Daimler alone has no prayer. To be honest, Daimler doesn't have a prayer one on one against either Methos or Bellian.

Walter Graham & Luther - Pretty much walk in the park

Martin Hyde & Bryce Korland - Same as the last fight. They got lucky.
                            "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Agreed with the previous votes making it 3-0. I'll move on.

Comment

ROUND 1

William Everett Culbraith & Sean Zale (the drummer boy from Civil War flashback)
                                vs.
                                Enrique Grimaldi & Axel Whittaker

Connor MacLeod & Timon
                                vs.
                                Carl the Hermit & Silas

Walter Reinhardt & Willie Kingsley
                                vs.
                                Xavier St. Cloud & Alex Raven

Zoltan Laszlo & Bernie Crimmins
                                vs.
                                Lord Byron and Howard Crowley

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                                  dubiousbystander commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I am failing to remember Enrique Grimaldi. But poor Sean Zale. Forever doomed.

William Everett Culbraith & Sean Zale (the drummer boy from Civil War flashback)
                                vs.

So I think Axel would actually go after Zale. Culbraith would try to protect him. Axel would engage him. Grimaldi would reluctantly kill Zale and turn around just in time to see Whitaker cut Culbraith in half.
                                VOTE: Grimaldi & Whittaker

Connor MacLeod & Timon
                                vs.
                                Carl the Hermit & Silas

So Connor and Silas would fight. It would be drawn out. I think Timon would easily take out Carl. As we take Timon in his prime, he apparently was a competent fighter but Kalas got him when he was super rusty. Carl was pretty useless in a fight. So Connor & Timon would take Silas. Even if Timon stayed out, in a one on one fight I think Connor takes him.
                                VOTE: Connor & Timon

vs.

I think Xavier vs. Reinhardt would be fun to watch. But Raven would take out Kingsley w/o much trouble. Assuming Reinhardt got lucky and his "move" worked on Xavier, I think Raven would be around to see it and wouldn't fall for it after seeing it work on Xavier. Not sure it would work on Xavier; it might cause him to get injured then I can see Raven jumping in and taking Reinhardt down.
                                VOTE: Xavier & Raven

vs.

I give Laszlo some points for having the guts to challenge Brian Cullen though I don't think he likely had a prayer in that fight. Byron, despite his foot problem, is a pretty good sword fighter. Crowley isn't useless either and I think they would easily take down the other two.
                                VOTE: Byron & Crowley

Comment

ROUND 1

vs.

Connor MacLeod & Timon
                                  vs.
                                  Carl the Hermit & Silas

vs.

vs.
                                  1. Grimaldi and Whittaker will take this fight.

2. Connor and Timon would probably win this. Timon could have been a decent fighter and Carl the Hermit most likely never was. So no matter the matchup Team Timon would most likely win.

3. Yeah, that'll be a nice fight. Reinhardt however will be outclassed by Xavier and Alex is better than Willy. Team St. Cloud will win.

4. I think Bernard Crimmins is much better than Crowley. However it'll come down to who finishes off the weakest opponent first. Laszlo is virtually useless and Byron would hold himself long enough against Crimmins to get help from Crowley. I'll vote for the unknown styles of Laszlo and Crimmins mainly because I like the image of Crimmins being armoured up wielding 2 executioners axes.

Comment

1. Enrique Grimaldi & Axel Whittaker
                                    Anyone with Sean is either protector or without much help. I think it's supposed to be Enrique Grimaldo.
                                    Connor MacLeod & Timon
                                    As much as taking Carl would break both their hearts, they'd have to.
                                    Willie seems useless, and Xavier was more dangerous even with a hook.
                                    vs.

Now this is just cruel! Byron would beat Zoltan, and Crowley might take Crimmins unless there are things we don't know about him.

Comment

vs.

Any team with Zale is an almost insta-loss.

Connor MacLeod & Timon
                                      vs.
                                      Carl the Hermit & Silas

Silas would have to beat Connor & Timon 1 against 2 eventually...can't see him doing it.

vs.

Xavier would find a way to trap Walter's pet move with his hook. Willie was just plain bad...Alex could take him.

vs.

Know next to nothing about Laszlo and Crimmons as duelists, and we know Byron & Crowley were at least decent.

Comment

ROUND 1

Enrique Grimaldi & Axel Whittaker - If Sean had any idea what all went into immortality, this could have gone the other way. At least Enrique owned a sword.

Connor MacLeod & Timon - Poor old Carl won't fare well here and Silas can't take these two alone.

Comment

Enrique Grimaldo & Axel Whittaker d. William Everett Culbraith & Sean Zale (the drummer boy from Civil War flashback)
                                          Connor MacLeod & Timon d. Carl the Hermit & Silas
                                          Xavier St. Cloud & Alex Raven d. Walter Reinhardt & Willie Kingsley
                                          Lord Byron and Howard Crowley d. Zoltan Laszlo & Bernie Crimmins

Comment

ROUND 1

Warren Cochrane & Zai Jie
                                            vs.
                                            Ceirdwyn & Charles Browning

Michael Christian & Anton Legris
                                            vs.
                                            Felice Martins & Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez

Cassandra (no voice) & Grace Chandel
                                            vs.
                                            Senghis Khan & Kern

Zachary Blaine & Brian Cullen
                                            vs.
                                            Frank Brody & Lucas Kagan

Comment

Fairly predictable outcomes this round IMO.

Warren Cochrane & Zai Jie
                                              vs.
                                              Ceirdwyn & Charles Browning

Ceirdwyn is the best combatant here, but she is severely let down by her partner. Browning lost to just woken up, drunk Duncan...he'll be of no use here.

Michael Christian & Anton Legris
                                              vs.
                                              Felice Martins & Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez

Ramirez really elevates his team, and Felice wasn't completely horrible. Don't know much about Legris, and Christian was a dirty cheater who won't benefit in this environment.

Cassandra (no voice) & Grace Chandel
                                              vs.
                                              Senghis Khan & Kern

Cassandra without her voice was fairly bad, and I can't see an argument for Grace being anything other than "almost passable". Khan and Kern would have a field day...it will get ugly.

Zachary Blaine & Brian Cullen
                                              vs.
                                              Frank Brody & Lucas Kagan

Blaine and Cullen mop the floor with these two.

Comment

Working...
                                              X