• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice matches again today.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    vs.
    Robert de Valicourt & Iman Fasil

Byron's luck runs out, and it will cost his partner. Both RDV and Fasil are more than good enough to keep up with Clay long enough for Byron to be dispatched.

Everett Bellian & Katharine
    vs.
    Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen

Man, what a tremendous team Jin Ke & May-Ling would be! Their overall team speed would likely be the best of any combination. As good as he was, Bellian was still a youngun and would eventually fail to keep up, giving team Jin/May-Ling the win.

Gina de Valicourt & Kurgan
    vs.
    Brian Cullen & Anthony Gallen

Gina would HATE working with Kurgan. But if it means her survival, she'd do it. Gallen would not beat either of his opponents, so Cullen would be left to fend for himself against 2, one of whom being Kurgan. Yikes.

Comment

• 1 Byron and Clay vs Valicourt and Fasil
      That is so... even. Dang! I think it rather depends on who primarily fights who. Valicourt is, in theory, a sneaky devil. Byron is as well, but his survival instinct has been suspect. Since people have been saying Fasil, having been one of the last, must be hella good, he might be up to Clay. So... Valicourt and Fasil.

2 This is torture, man! Torture! Emotionally I'd go with Bellian and Katherine, but I have always hurt over May-Ling's beheading in the bleeping POOL. Maybe... Maybe Jin Ke and May-Ling.

3. I think Gina and Kurgan would take this with effort, but they would take this.
      Last edited by dubiousbystander; 11-04-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
        ROUND 5

Down to final 12

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
        vs.

vs.
        Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen

vs.
        1. Team de Valicourt would win this fairly easy.
        2. Team Ke has the speed advantage
        3. Team De Valicourt would destroy their opponents.
        May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

• Down to final 12

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
          vs.

So I think Byron is actually a pretty good sword fighter. His gimp gives him a disadvantage against two fighters as skilled and quick as Robert and Fasil are. Clay is a bit better than both Robert and Fasil, IMO. I have to agree with the group on this even though I think Clay is by far the best. If Clay is fighting Fasil, while I'm very confident Clay wins I don't think it's over quickly. I don't think Robert outclasses Byron but I think that fight is over WAY faster than Clay v Fasil so Robert and Fasil v Clay would be clearly go to Robert & Fasil. I think the case is the same for Clay fighting Robert. So yeah, Robert & Fasil
          VOTE: RDV & Fasil

vs.
          Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen

I suspect Jin Ke & MLS may know each other. They would clean up, IMO. No doubt. Dangerous pair.
          VOTE: Jin Ke & MLS

vs.

Gallen's getting taken out and Kurgan and Gina will take down Cullen.

Comment

• Robert de Valicourt & Iman Fasil
            d.
            Lord Byron & Haresh Clay

Jin Ke & May-Ling Shen
            d.

d.

Comment

• Final 6:

1. Gina de Valicourt
              2. Iman Fasil
              3. Jin Ke
              4. Kurgan
              5. May-Ling Shen
              6. Robert de Valicourt

Comment

• Going to select one match, two people get a bye. Then we'll have final 4. So a final two-on-two match. Then that team will face each other one-on-one to determine the winner. Luck of the draw.

Jin Ke & Iman Fasil
                vs.
                Kurgan & May-Ling Shen

bye: Robert & Gina de Valicourt

Comment

• Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
                  Going to select one match, two people get a bye. Then we'll have final 4. So a final two-on-two match. Then that team will face each other one-on-one to determine the winner. Luck of the draw.

Jin Ke & Iman Fasil
                  vs.
                  Kurgan & May-Ling Shen

I think Fasil is the weak link in this fight. Jin Ke and May-Ling likely have knowledge of each others styles and might like to show off a bit. With the Kurgan either cutting Fasil in half when he tries to back flip to a better position or Kurgan not bothering chasing Fasil and interfering in the fight with Jin Ke, either outcome would mean May-Ling and Kurgan win.

Comment

• Kurgan & May-Ling Shen in a good but fairly predictable fight.

Robert and Gina got some very lucky draws in the later rounds.
                    "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• Aragorn
                      Aragorn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So did Iman Fasil.

But yeah, that's why this tournament is fun. It's not always the same 8 people at the end. Next time we do it they may both be out in round 1.

• Yeah, I will go with Kurgan and May-Ling on this one!

Comment

• Kurgan & May-Ling Shen
                      d.
                      Jin Ke & Iman Fasil

Comment

• FINAL 4

May-Ling Shen & The Kurgan
                        vs.
                        Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt

Comment

• Evil. Tricky, though. Gina and Robert, at least as long as their relationship is stable, are really likely to work wonderfully together and to support each other completely./

May-Ling and the Kurgan would not be the same, because they can not trust each other.

Comment

• Damn! If this were for real, I feel like May-Ling would realize she's on the wrong side and team up with the De Valicourts to off Kurgan. However, with the rules of this tournament, she feels compelled to survive and win, even if it means that her demonic jerk of a partner goes to the Finals. No matter who MLS faces, I think her fight will take longer than it will take Kurgan to beat the other DV. Or, she's even better than advertised and actually wins before Kurgan takes out his opponent. Either way, despite their teamwork disadvantage, I think that Kurgan is too good and MLS is not about to let down the side.

Winners: May-Ling Shen & The Kurgan

Comment

• Not voting just yet but to comment on what Jedi was saying, no, I don’t think MLS will throw the fight to take out Kurgan. That being said, personalities are to be taken into consideration for the sake of the tournament. Just because she won’t throw it doesn’t mean the Kurgan’s antics and behaviors can’t disgust her and throw her off/distract her.

I agree that pound for pound I suspect there is more individual talent between MLS and Kurgan but it’s not substantial.

Clearly RDV and GDV are very active and fearless which wouldn’t be there if they weren’t good. We know when RDV was about to face off against Duncan/Fitz he wasn’t nervous at all. Not saying he would have won but he’s clearly a competent fighter.

I think The De Valicourts advantage though is in strategy. The “this person kills this person faster than this other person kills the other person” doesn’t really come into play here, IMO. RDV and GDV aren’t going to leave the other one unprotected.

They are experienced enough to know they could be in trouble if they do that. I think if MLS was getting irritated by Kurgan they would pick up on it.

While this fight could go either way, I think I’m going with the de Valicourts in a really exciting fight.
                              VOTE: Gina and Robert

Comment

• I vote for the de Valicourts because love conquers all.

Comment

• May-Ling Shen & The Kurgan - To borrow from some things I have said previously, Robert and Gina got some very lucky draws in the later rounds. I think the big thing here for Robert and Gina here is you can bet they have worked out plenty together. They have been together so long, they know not only each other's styles but how to work together. Because of this, I would pick them over MANY other pairings.

HOWEVER..... this is not one of those pairings.May-Ling and Kurgan are the perfect combo of speed, strength, and skill. Robert will go out of his way to keep Gina away from The Kurgan. In a straight, one-on-one fight, Robert is not going to last very long. He and Gina had one hell of a run. But it ends here.
                                  "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• As it stands, it's 3-2 in favor of Robert and Gina. Going to let it stand for one more day if anyone else wants to vote.

Comment

• I hope you are already planning the sequel!!!

Comment

• 3 on 3? Or the four-way death matches we used to do...those would be fun.

Comment

• Robert & Gina de Valicourt
                                          d.
                                          Kurgan & May-Ling Shen

Comment

• CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
                                            Gina de Valicourt vs. Robert de Valicourt

Comment

• Going with Gina. I don't Robert could kill her under any circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by JedimstrCR View Post
                                                3 on 3? Or the four-way death matches we used to do...those would be fun.
                                                I'm cool with either, but remind me of the 4-way death match format? Can't remember that one super well.

Comment

• Assuming that they are fighting straight up without personal issues in the way, going with Robert.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X