Zachary Blaine & Graham Ashe = 1

Matthew McCormick & Kamir = 0
    Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt = 4

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay = 2
    Zai Jie & Kern = 2

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    commented on 's reply
    He changed it (edited after I posted that). But thanks for letting me know!

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    Brian Cullen & Kurgan
    vs.
    Amanda & Otavio Consone

I agree with Ward on this one. Toe-to-toe, there's no way Amanda can beat Cullen or Kurgan. But she doesn't need to, at least not by herself. And she'll use that to her advantage. Kurgan will go after her (because...obviously), leaving Cullen and Consone. Without seeing prime Cullen in action, I'd have to give the nod to Otavio. Meanwhile, Amanda is taunting and dodging Kurgan like nobody's business. When Consone's done with Cullen, he'll assist Amanda in maneuvering Kurgan into a compromising position, at which point it's curtains for the big fella.

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
    vs.
    Zachary Blaine & Graham Ashe

Jin Ke is the only top tier guy here, and he's got a partner that won't go down quickly.

Matthew McCormick & Kamir
    vs.
    Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt

Gina and Robert use superior team tactics to dominate.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    vs.
    Zai Jie & Kern

Byron was handicapped but still managed to show decently against prime Mac. I think he'd last long enough to help Clay (not that Haresh would need it).

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    Ward voted for Zai and Kern.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    CURRENT SCORES:

Brian Cullen & Kurgan = 2
    Amanda & Otavio Consone = 1

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen = 2
    Zachary Blaine & Graham Ashe = 1

Matthew McCormick & Kamir = 0
    Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt = 3

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay = 3
    Zai Jie & Kern = 0

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    ROUND 4!!

We are getting down to it....

Brian Cullen & Kurgan
    vs.
    Amanda & Otavio Consone

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
    vs.

vs.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    vs.
    Zai Jie & Kern
    1. This is where the Kurgan goes down. Amanda is a master at stalling and interfering. She'll get him to chase after her easily whilst Consone will battle Cullen. When Consone cuts down cullen, The Kuragn will go down against Amanda's acrobatics and Consone's flawless counterattacks.

2. Nice pair up but Ashe isn't up to the challenge here, he takes too long taking out Gallen and loses his head to Ke.

3. Team the Valicourt would win ANY match-up.

4. Lovely teams but Kern and Zie would power through Byron and Clay here.
    Last edited by Nicholas Ward; 10-27-2019, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    AMAZING ROUND!!!

Brian Cullen & Kurgan - Had Consone got a different draw, this easily could have gone another way. In my rakings, I have Consone ranked #4, behind the MacLeods and Kronos. The two right below him are Kurgan and Cullen. Unfortunately for Consone, Amanda is nowhere near this level. I absolutely think Consone could hold his own against two guys, even the level of Brian and Kurgan. But eventually, they will get him. Damn good fight though.

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen - Another good fight that would be close. Jin Key and Gallen's advatage here is speed; particularly Jin Ke's.

Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt - I think the big thing here for Robert and Gina here is you can bet they have worked out plenty together. They have been together so long, they know not only each other's styles but how to work together. Because of this, I would pick them over MANY other pairings.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay - Clay is going to lay waste to either of his opponents. He would wisely go after Zai Jie. Byron might be fighting with a limp, but Kern, while powerful, is very lumbering with his style and Byron could easily hold his own. Plus, if Byron starts quoting poems and such, Kern is going to get irritated and reckless. byron and Clay will each kill their individual opponents right around the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Brian Cullen & Kurgan
    vs.
    Amanda & Otavio Consone

This match is probably closer than it looks on paper, but at the end of the day Amanda's going to cost her team. She's become so much more capable based on her experiences on the Raven. Kudos to her, but she's not beating Cullen or Kurgan without cheating like nobody's business. I think she'll eventually get cut down and Cullen and Kurgan would win. Although, I think they would lack chemistry together. But I think they are just so individually talented they would win. But I think their lack of chemistry would make this fight much closer than it should be.
    VOTE: Cullen & Kurgan

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
    vs.

This is tough because I think Blaine would take on Jin Ke. While obviously Jin Ke is better, I don't think that fight would be over quick. Blaine can keep up with Jin Ke's speed for a bit. If Jin Ke disarmed him, I think Blaine would flee instead of just standing there and getting butchered. I think Ashe would take out Gallen and if we now have Ashe & Blaine vs Jin Ke, I think they could possibly take him. It would very much be a Darth Maul v. Obi-Wan & Qui-Gonn type fight. I think it would still be a level fight for a while but I think Blaine's speed would be able to keep the fight on Jin Ke. Hmm. I'm going with an upset here.
    VOTE: Blaine & Ashe

vs.

This is relatively close if you're just comparing the 4 fighters on the board, but I think Robert & Gina's 300+ years history will make the world of difference here. They have likely fought together on numerous occasions and would just know each other so well together. I've little doubt they'd pick apart those two who would have little chemistry.
    VOTE: the De Valicourts

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    vs.
    Zai Jie & Kern

Byron would be hampered by his gimp, but I think he could hang with Kern for a bit. Even if he went and fought Zai (and lost), I think Clay would clean up Kern. I think Clay's by far the best fighter here. Zai in 2nd, Kern and Byron are pretty close. One way or another, Clay finishes it out for his team.
    VOTE: Byron & Clay

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 4!!

We are getting down to it....

Brian Cullen & Kurgan
    vs.
    Amanda & Otavio Consone

Jin Ke & Anthony Gallen
    vs.

vs.

Lord Byron & Haresh Clay
    vs.
    Zai Jie & Kern

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Zai Jie & Jin Ke d. Rebecca Horne & Alexis Raven
    Haresh Clay & Iman Fasil d. Messenger & Richie Ryan
    Lord Byron & Graham Ashe d. Kane & Horvan Kant

Get byes:
    Brian Cullen, Liam O'Rourke

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    Zai Jie & Jin Ke - Too bad for the ladies. They will put up a good fight though.

Haresh Clay & Iman Fasil - Another good fight, but these two will own Richie and the SOA prez.

Lord Byron & Graham Ashe - Kant is the weak link here. Even with a limp, Byron could take Kant pretty quick. Kame can't handle the two on one thing without illusion powers and lackeys.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Last matches of round 3

Rebecca Horne & Alexis Raven
    vs.
    Zai Jie & Jin Ke

Messenger & Richie Ryan
    vs.
    Haresh Clay & Iman Fasil

Lord Byron & Graham Ashe
    vs.
    Kane & Horvan Kant

Get byes:
    1. Team Jie, the women are good but not as good as those 2.

2. Team Fasil. Richie doesn't have enough luck here.

3. Team Byron, because Byron is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied

1.Rebecca Horne & Alexis Raven, sorry but women in the game just don't get that old without being kickass duelists, I give this to the ladies.

2. Haresh Clay & Iman Fasil, has to be. We have no idea if the Messenger even knows how to fight.

3. Lord Byron & Graham Ashe. Don't see this as a major poser, but a fairly straightforward.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    vs.
    Zai Jie & Jin Ke

I want to vote for the ladies, but I haven't seen Rebecca fight so I would have a hard time putting her over Jin Ke. I have seen Raven fight and I have zero problem putting Jin Ke over her. Zai Jie as well. Zai held his own with the Guardian. That's not enough for me to put him over Rebecca but enough to tell me he could hang with her longer than Raven could hang with Jin Ke. That being said, I've very little doubt Zai and Jin Ke would win this.
    VOTE: Jin Ke & Zai Jie

Messenger & Richie Ryan
    vs.
    Haresh Clay & Iman Fasil

Haresh Clay is leagues above everyone in this fight. Fasil is way above Richie and most likely would beat Messenger too. So this fight is a slaughter. I am amused to see the Messenger and Richie as a team.
    VOTE: Haresh Clay & Fasil

Lord Byron & Graham Ashe
    vs.
    Kane & Horvan Kant

Lord Byron is actually decent. While I'd rate Kane above him, it's not by a huge margin. Ashe and Kane could go either way; I could see Kane making Ashe nervous. Still, I think Kant would be gone so quick having a 2-1 edge would give Ashe some courage and I think the two of them would take out Kane.
    VOTE: Byron & Ashe

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Last matches of round 3

vs.
    Zai Jie & Jin Ke

Messenger & Richie Ryan
    vs.
    Haresh Clay & Iman Fasil

Lord Byron & Graham Ashe
    vs.
    Kane & Horvan Kant

Get byes:

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 3

Katharine & Lymon Kurlow d. Carlo Sendaro & Kate Devarney
    May-Ling Shen & Hans Kershner d. John Garrick & Methos
    Everett Bellian & Matthew McCormick d. Timon & Caspian
    Otavio Consone & Anthony Gallen d. Howard Crowley & Kassim

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    ROUND 3

Katharine & Lymon Kurlow - I am a fan of Sendaro. He gave Duncan one hell of a fight. Had Sendaro not electrocuted himself and fallen on the tracks, the TV series may have ended on that episode. He got a crappy draw here.

May-Ling Shen & Hans Kershner - Had to think about this one. For me, it came down to Methos and May-Ling. I have May-Ling ranked one spot higher than Methos. I don't think Garrick and Kirshner will play into the outcome.

Timon & Caspian - I don't buy into the serial killer guy being any sort of bad ass. I know how this is going to turn out. But I see the fight going this way.

Otavio Consone & Anthony Gallen

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    Carlo Sendaro & Kate Devarney
    vs.
    Katharine & Lymon Kurlow

The K's would make a formidable team. Carlo won't get much help from Mrs. MacLeod.

May-Ling Shen & Hans Kershner
    vs.
    John Garrick & Methos

Garrick is the weak link here, hanging poor Methos out to dry.

Everett Bellian & Matthew McCormick
    vs.
    Timon & Caspian

Shame we didn't get to see McCormick fight, bet he was really good. Timon is the odd man out here though.

Howard Crowley & Kassim
    vs.

Ooh, Kassim vs. Consone would be an absolutely awesome matchup. I'm taking Gallen over Crowley in the lesser bout, which will decide the match.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    ROUND 3

vs.
    Katharine & Lymon Kurlow

vs.
    John Garrick & Methos

vs.
    Timon & Caspian

Howard Crowley & Kassim
    vs.
    1. Team Katherine, easy
    2. Team Shen, Hans and May-Ling are both way better than Garrick. Methos loses to the May-Ling Kerschner combo.
    3. Team Bellian, Caspian wasn't that good
    4. Team Gallen

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Oh, dear, oh, dear. some interesting choices...

1. Katharine & Lymon Kurlow - has to be, much more effective than the opposition.

2. John Garrick & Methos - very tough call, think May Ling would take Garrick, but in the end it'll be Methos vs Kershner and I think the old guy can take him.

3. Everett Bellian & Matthew McCormick - another toughy, but I think Bellian and McCormick would be an effective team.

4. Otavio Consone & Anthony Gallen - Crowley and Gallen are a toss up and which ever survives won't stand a chance against the other two, it really comes down to Kassim and Consone and Consone twigs it out by a point.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 3

vs.
    Katharine & Lymon Kurlow

vs.
    John Garrick & Methos

vs.
    Timon & Caspian

Howard Crowley & Kassim
    vs.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 3

Kurgan & Kern d. Warren Cochrane & Martin Hyde
    Amanda & Kalas d. Nefertiri & Darius
    Kamir & Robert de Valicourt d. Richard Tarsis & Axel Whittaker
    Zachary Blaine & Gina de Valicourt d. Slan Quince & Claude Deveraux

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied

Sadly, Kurgan & Kern

Amanda & Kalas and then they turn on each other.

Kamir & Robert de Valicourt

Zachary Blaine & Gina de Valicourt, I have high hope for Blaine.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    ROUND 3

Kurgan & Kern

Amanda & Kalas

Kamir & Robert de Valicourt

Slan Quince & Claude Deveraux

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    I agree with you two. Though the Amanda & Kalas vs. Nefertiri & Darius would definitely be interesting. Amanda and Kalas have history together (not in a good way) but at the same time Amanda is a survivor and can clearly work with anyone in the name of survival. Darius and Nefertiri would be a really interesting combo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X