• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ++ to Clay
    -- to Connor

117. Connor MacLeod = 04
    157. Haresh Clay = 08

Comment

• Connor and Clay continue to clash, and I really wish you all would make a story rather than only post numbers. They both got the high roll this time!

117. Connor MacLeod = 05
      157. Haresh Clay = 09

Comment

• Exhaustion sets in, -1 to all

117. Connor MacLeod = 04
        157. Haresh Clay = 08

Comment

• Clay and Connor continue to clash blades on the center of the Madison Square Garden arena. Sparks fly as they clash. An incredible amount of respect from both immortals as they stare down at each other. Both covered in blood. The arena is a beautiful mess of blood and gore. Both immortals eager to move on continue to clash. Connor attempts one of his favorite moves. Clay, having faced the best of the best throughout his immortal career is familiar with the move and is able to counter it and slashes Connor across the side.

++ to Clay
          -- to Connor

117. Connor MacLeod = 02
          157. Haresh Clay = 10

Comment

• Connor got a 9. Haresh got a 20. Holy Halibut, Batman, it is mine!

Connor sees it coming. He is surprised with himself for his lack of fear. But then, when you'd spent a decade in Sanctuary, forced your brother to behead you, and found yourself in a fight to the death yet again, that brother gone, what room be there for fear? He casts a lopsided smile to Haresh Clay, who might have hesitated had his body not been fully committed to the action already.

Connor's head does not hit the ground so much as slides along the blood-sodden surface.

Haresh Clay stares at the body, at the bloody head, and wonders if there really are no more Immortals besides him.

Comment

• An eerie white mist starts to envelop Connor MacLeod's body and the first sign of a Quickening lashes out of it.
            The body starts to float and strands of lightning start to creep along the environment.
            Several heads and bodies in the vicinity start to twist when they inevitably get connected with Quickeing energy. As more and more strands start to shoot from the now twisting body of Connnor MacLeod, the lamps start to blow out and only light is that of the blueish glow of the Quickening itself.
            The air is sizzling as the tremendous amount power of expands outward like a giant plasma ball.
            As it expands, the Quickening connects each every immortal bodypart in and around Madison Square Garden, twisting and moving them in grotesque manners.

Clay feels the incredible pull of the expanding force on his own being. He withstands the strain and tries to prepare on the inevitable first hit of the Quickening.
            The expansion of the Quickening slows down and, for a single almost serene moment, stops.

One by one the bodies stop contorting and drop to the floor. As the orb of Quickening energy implodes, it's power increases exponentionally.
            The Quickening rushes inward, towards the centre. Toward Haresh Clay.

Clay's sanity is almost shattered with the sheer force of all the knowledge, feelings and power of all immortals that ever lived, overflowing all of his senses when the Quickening passes through him the first time. Clay tries to focus and pull himself together but there is no respite from the onslaught of emotions with each pulse of the Quickening.

Tearing through his senses, forcing itself upon Clay's consciousness countless times, Haresh Clay collapses physically as the Quickening expands his mind with each passing.
            The time between the final sparks of the Quickening and Clay organizing his mind seemed like mere moments but could have easily been minutes or even hours.
            It mattered little beacause all the knowledge, all the emotions and all power of those that came before him, linked intricately together had laid out a clear path to follow.

Clay got up from the floor he had collapsed upon and walked away, leaving the massacre behind him.

It was clear what he needed to do....

May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

• Where do we go from here?

Comment

• That was some awesome story telling. And what a fun game!

Comment

• Really enjoyed it!

Comment

• Good game, sorry I missed the last rounds.
                    Where do we go? Well, we scratched the surface of breaking all the rules with all our little alliances in this one, perhaps we should do something where teams are picked somehow - just like in the school yard - and set teams against one another. Don't ask me how, I'm just spitballing.

Comment

• Nicholas Ward
                      Nicholas Ward commented
                      Editing a comment
                      First one to comment after a (random?) group of immortals is announced gets to create the teams? Or just vote in 1 immortal into each team?

• Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
                    Good game, sorry I missed the last rounds.
                    Where do we go? Well, we scratched the surface of breaking all the rules with all our little alliances in this one, perhaps we should do something where teams are picked somehow - just like in the school yard - and set teams against one another. Don't ask me how, I'm just spitballing.
                    That's actually a good idea. We've done games like that in the past. We did something called "Lottery of Doom" where each round, random pairs were selected. Both teammates advanced then the next round we selected new people. I think we just did that. Gina won, I think. We could do that again. Or something else? Ideas?

Comment

• No swords tournament?

Have an environmental hazard selected each time and have 2 or more immortals duke it out. Trying to eliminate the other(s) by use of the chosen deathtrap.
                      No swordmanship benefits, just physical strength and luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
                        No swords tournament?

Have an environmental hazard selected each time and have 2 or more immortals duke it out. Trying to eliminate the other(s) by use of the chosen deathtrap.
                        No swordmanship benefits, just physical strength and luck.

I'm willing to play with this/run it if you'll help with the environments? And do you want it 1 on 1 or like a 4 person-battle royale?

Comment

• Sweet!

I have a few suggestions for environments:

1) Art gallery where huge panes of glass and other artsy subjects are randomly placed and hung from the walls and ceilings
                          2) Subway station with automatich trains on both sides passing every 3 minutes
                          3) Waste management plant with conveyor belts leading to the shredders
                          4) Car graveyard with cranes and car crushers
                          5) Office building with working paternoster
                          6) Maze with moving walls
                          7) Crematory
                          8) Wind tunnel with giant fans
                          9) Sewer system with increasing water flow into shredder pumps
                          10) Highlander II: Descending fan room

Optional existing movie crossovers area's:
                          a) The cube (from Cube), various traps
                          b) Blofelds Headquartes (from You only live twice), piranha tank
                          c) The Hive (from Resident Evil), laser corridor

And I'd like it to be a 3 way fight (or 3 on 3 and incorporate picking teams like Ceridwen proposed) because then the physically stronger immortals won't win by default every time.

Comment

• Ceridwen
                            Ceridwen commented
                            Editing a comment
                            From those, the only options I'd favor are Junk Yard and Subway.
                            Might also just go with other real world options like decommissioned ship like the Queen Mary or the Intrepid.
                            A Drilling Rig.
                            An historic building(s) like Warwick Castle or Teotihuacan.

• I would really like story-telling going on, too.

Comment

• I can use all of those locations and/or more. I can use a dice roller for them. I like using more of them so the location doesn't get redundant.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                              dubiousbystander commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'm trying to collect the first royal rumble here for posterity.
                          Working...
                          X