Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombing at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/de...turing-n763286

19 are dead with about 50 wounded, it sounds like. The news channel I've got going says they've IDed the remnants of the suicide bomber.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Just a matter of time before those fucks bombed a concert full of kids.
    It's getting funky up in herre!

Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
      Just a matter of time before those fucks bombed a concert full of kids.
      Sounds like it was right outside, right as it was letting out.

Comment

Damn shame kids, hell anyone can't enjoy themselves anymore without the fear of this crap happening. I suppose that's the world we live in now.
        It's getting funky up in herre!

Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

Comment

This sucks and given the artist I fear that the dead and wounded are going to be really young.

Comment

One of the survivors interviewed on the BBC said it happened by the exit closest to the train station. The one that many were using to get home. The woman said her young cousin was in shock afterward because they had to walk past the injured in order to exit.

My prayers go out to all who were affected by this tragedy.

Comment

I couldn't care less about Trump drama, but I am tired of waking up to this kind of tragedy.

Comment

it is inevitable. Just "part and parcel of living in a big city" according to one London public official.

Also, another known wolf incident.

"CBS News confirmed Tuesday that the man who blew himself up the previous night at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, was 23-year-old Salman Abedi, who was known to British authorities prior to the attack".

Comment

Salman Ramadan Abedi, son of Libyan refugees. That's the suicide bomber.

Comment

At least it was an improvement on the sound. She has a good voice but don't like her music.or looks​.
                    ​​​​
                    Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of what again?

Comment

The Truck of Peace strikes again.

“Jihadi terrorists shouting 'this is for Allah' kill seven... white van has reportedly ploughed into 20 pedestrians in a 'terror attack' on London Bridge station, leaving bodies 'strewn' on the road. Armed police are said to be at the scene while people have been seen fleeing the 'horrific scene' at the landmark in central London. There are have been unconfirmed reports of at least one victim being stabbed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Comment

No reason to panic. Theresa May is monitoring the situation (where have I heard that before?).

Comment

Looks like they took their inspiration from the Westminster bridge attack a couple of months ago where some jihadi drove a truck into a crowd injuring dozens, killing four and then knifing a cop to death. These things seem to happen now with such monotonous regularity, I'd just about forgotten about it already.

Comment

Once again the police made immediate raids and arrests.

Lather.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Comment

Were they also watching these guys before the attack?

Last night they were saying the thing started in a bar and was apparently they planned to take hostages but the people in the bar fought back. How very UN-PC of them.

About 6 months ago the place where I work had a presentation from the PD on active shooters. They told us that they could not tell us officially, but if we got the chance - kill the shooter. They also told us that those that got out of the building should assemble somewhere like the parking lot. To that part I thought, the heck with that, if I get out I'm going to keep going until I'm a couple of streets away. I'm not going t assemble at what could be a secondary target area. They said it was so the PD could determine who was safe. I carry a work cellphone - they can call me. They told us not to expect rescue until the shooter was secured, makes sense for their safety and ultimately ours but why have us gather in a vulnerable place for their convenience and anyone else.

The funny part was our HR guy wanted to have an unannounced drill that would start by a cop firing blanks. Our building is open to the public. What could possibly go wrong? Apparently they changed their minds because it wasn't done.

Comment

Originally posted by Saber Dog View Post
                                  Were they also watching these guys before the attack?
                                  Not closely enough, apparently. But 3,000 hard-core jihadis is a lot to have to watch 24/7. It seems that, like roaches, there’s 10 more for every one you see.

"He was a member of Al Muhajiroun, a small group of men led by Anjem Choudary and Siddartha Dhar that was closely monitored by authorities as they openly preached for the need for Sharia law."
                                  http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=47837932

Comment

And we are all supposed to keep an open mind about immigrants and Muslims...my mind is becomming more and more closed...
                                    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
                                      And we are all supposed to keep an open mind about immigrants and Muslims...my mind is becomming more and more closed...
                                      Does it matter that more than one Muslim group has denounced the attacks and the terrorists? Exactly like the American rabid religious right has demanded?

Comment

• ~mj~
                                        ~mj~ commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        It is good to see, but it does no material good. There are nutbars on both sides.

Originally posted by Haplo View Post

Does it matter that more than one Muslim group has denounced the attacks and the terrorists? Exactly like the American rabid religious right has demanded?
                                      No. Condemnation in the strongest possible terms surprisingly has little effect on these bloodthirsty animals.

And I think 'rabid' best describes the dogs who commit the murderous acts.

Comment

• ~mj~
                                        ~mj~ commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Agreed. Condemnation seems to do no good because they are religious zealots. They don`t care because anyone but they are wrong.

Originally posted by Draknoir2 View Post

No. Condemnation in the strongest possible terms surprisingly has little effect on these bloodthirsty animals.

And I think 'rabid' best describes the dogs who commit the murderous acts.
                                      Their condemnation isn't meant to affect the terrorists, but rather to correct the (often willful) misconceptions about Muslims. People demand that Muslims speak up and rebuke those who commit evil in the name of their god but are conveniently absent when Muslims do just that only to show up later and make the same demands while claiming that Muslims never do it.

Comment

• ~mj~
                                        ~mj~ commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        The problem is, how do you tell the radicals from the moderates? The bastards from the normal people who want peace? Terrorists don`t wear a red hat. So we are to welcome with open arms any Muslim and only find out later there was a terrorist in the mix who has killed a thousand people. There has to be a better way

And people wishing we would just carpet bomb the whole area and talk about "camel humpers" and such qualify as rabid to me.

Comment

• ~mj~
                                        ~mj~ commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I think you took my comment as racism. It isn`t. Calm down. No one has said those words here
                                        Last edited by ~mj~; 06-08-2017, 07:43 PM.

"The problem is, how do you tell the radicals from the moderates? The bastards from the normal people who want peace? Terrorists don`t wear a red hat. So we are to welcome with open arms any Muslim and only find out later there was a terrorist in the mix who has killed a thousand people. There has to be a better way"

How can you tell that about anyone? Christians do crazy shit all the time in the name of their god.

"I think you took my comment as racism. It isn`t. Calm down. No one has said those words here"

True, no one here has. But it's something I see regularly even from family members.

Comment

• ~mj~
                                        ~mj~ commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I see and hear it from my family also, but I don`t project their racism on others. You seem to be arguing with yourself here Haplo.

Originally posted by Haplo View Post
                                      Christians do crazy shit all the time in the name of their god.
                                      Islamophilia is a chronic, often fatal disease. Early symptoms are impaired vision, hearing and reasoning.

Comment

Working...
                                      X