Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrus The Great
    commented on 's reply
    Glad you did well. Hope you enjoy the lunch!

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    To update, I would say that the injection site pain that hurts to lie on is less. The all-over soreness is different. Last time it reminded me of the just-under-the-skin pain that chemo gave me, now it's a general ache that gets worse the longer I sit. I shut down the computer early yesterday and laid down before making supper. Up most of a celsius degree on my temperature, but fighting summer heat can do that to me too. (33C yesterday)

So, milder or worse? The site pain is less, I'd call the other stuff indeterminate.

Dad has floated a plan to go out for lunch two weeks after my shot, when I'm obstinately at maximum immunity.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I am very aware of friends who had trouble with the second shot, so I know what to anticipate.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    commented on 's reply
    My second shot was a little worse than the first, but both had pretty mild symptoms. I had a low fever for a few hours after the first. The second gave me a low fever and neck and back aches for part of the day, but the next day I felt fine. I hope it will be mild for you too. Good luck!

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Off to get my second Pfizer jab in two hours, anticipating nastier side effects than the first time, since it's predicted.
    +30C predicted tomorrow,
    I don't do well in the heat.
    Yeah, this is going to suck, isn't it.

But catching this effing virus with already pneumonia-scarred lungs would be worse.

*cough* I did put it off a bit trying to avoid mixing heatwave and side effects, but I gave up. This is such a generally hot summer. (I hope August is better- school starts August 30th.)

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I got mine as soon as I could.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    started a topic Covid Vaccination

Covid Vaccination

I have been absolutely dumbfounded by the numbers of people in America who are unwilling or skeptical about getting vaccinated for the Covid virus. For me, it was a no-brainer. I got my second shot in April. As of today, slightly less than half of all Americans are vaccinated. Granted, many of the unvaccinated are young children. I think that the shots are approved now for any person 12 years or older. I am concerned about the alarming spread of the Delta variant among the unvaccinated. Thousands of people will die who do not need to. Also, new variants are arising every day among the unvaccinated here and around the world. The current vaccines are highly effective against Delta, but may not be against new variants. Getting vaccinated is not just about protecting yourself, its about protecting everyone else too.

Standing down from soapbox.
Working...
X