No announcement yet.

Banning guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't shoot and I don't own any guns (sort of follows), but what you have to keep in mind is that there aren't significant number of people in government looking to to ban cars, motorcycles, or trucks. If you have a test run by people who don't want any to pass... What seems logical can get out of whack pretty fast. It is what is called the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Comment

My friend teaches the Sure Shots class. It's an NRA one-class freebie, lots of fun and I recommend it.
      “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
      Billy Sunday

Comment

NJ is now talking about requiring a home inspection in order to get a permit. I guess they want to make sure the gun gets a nice home where it will be locked up safe and there are no others in the home that could get to it.

Comment

• Haplo
          Haplo commented
          Editing a comment
          Any bets on how frequently the inspector will coincidentally find something unrelated to be out of order? "Hmm..looks like you don't meet the building code in this room. Request denied"

I'm thinking it will be the PD doing the inspections and if you're crazy enough to leave contraband lying around where they can see it, you'll get busted. That is unless you're in the country illegally, our new Gov wants NJ to become a sanctuary state.

BTW, if you have a permit and the inspector comes to see the work, they can report it if they see something illegal. But I doubt many drug kingpins or terrorists bother to get permits to replace their water heaters. Then again, I'm sure they won't be getting permits for their guns.

Comment

Working...
        X