Is everyone welcome here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is everyone welcome here?

Just curious. I have heard that a member of the old HLBB was banned right after registering...thoughts? opinions?
    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Could be. Would be a shame. bygones should be bygones
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

I'm sure everyone's welcome here, if they're not horrible people.

Comment

• ~mj~
        ~mj~ commented
        Editing a comment
        It isn`t that simple, the old HLBB had a lot of issues, I guess you had to be there.

• dubiousbystander
        dubiousbystander commented
        Editing a comment
        I am ignorant of a lot of things that went on.

• Coolwater
        Coolwater commented
        Editing a comment
        It was very bad for a while. There are a couple of trolls I would hate to see readmitted, but people do change.

It isn`t right, imo. This is a new board, new admin. Past behavior shouldn`t be held against someone. Very few of us were angels on the old HLBB, I was banned a couple of times myself.
      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Who was it?

Comment

Ah.

Well, in principle, I'd have to agree with you. This is a new board, run with a different admin. I know he's trying his best to make it like the last board but it IS a fresh start and everyone should have a chance to start over as well. A lot went down on the old board but there's no reason to keep the negativity alive. Nothing to stop the Admin from banning someone after they do something in violation of the rules but there's no reason to do so preemptively.

Time changes people. Hell, I don't even remember the majority of you aside from user names and I'm pretty damn sure I engaged in conversation with most of you. But, as Bilbo said, "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Though the ratios may be a bit off in my case.

Comment

I was always an angel
            Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

[strike]& didn't Rusty Bollocks continue his 'Bad Watcher' Fanfics here, (the first month I think.) and now there's no Rusty in the member list?[/strike]

Whoops! R has a second page- but still he hasn't been here since last June. Didn't feel welcome?

Comment

I think he did...didn`t say anything to me if he didn`t. Likely just busy...

Comment

Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
                  Just curious. I have heard that a member of the old HLBB was banned right after registering...thoughts? opinions?
                  No, nobody was banned or refused entrance from the other board. There was, however, a fake member posing as Prima, and a fake member posing as Galeon... both of which were banned.
                  Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

hunh.

Comment

Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
                      hunh.
                      That's according to MP, who said she reached out to both parties at the time. Since then the real Prima joined. No word on Galeon. If there's anyone who is saying they were barred, let me know. I'm not aware of any old board member bad juju.
                      Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                        Cyrus The Great commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Andrew, if the real Prima re-joined, why isn't she on the list of members? Prima and I were friends for years, but she stopped emailing more than a year ago. MP hadn't heard from her either. Are you still in contact with her?

G is not going to join as far as I know. He lived for HG, and he has moved on past political arguing. Can`t say as I blame him.

Comment

Rusty is on Facebook. I think he's decided to become a doctor.

Comment

• ~mj~
                          ~mj~ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You never can tell with Rusty just what he is up to...

• dubiousbystander
                          Editing a comment
                          He's a really neat person.

He is!
                        “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
                        Billy Sunday

Comment

Every so often we chat on FB. So I know he's grand.

Comment

Everyones should be welcome here ...
                            La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

So is this anew forum or the old one that came back to life ? Is our old post here ? I’m trying to remember everyone but it’s been so long . I see familiar faces though .

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                                Editing a comment
                                The posts can't be regained, but if you can find them you could repost them!

It's resurrected. So a copy of the old one that died.

Not everyone made it and some are new. Most aren't very talkative. I guess most was covered in the old days anyways.
                              May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

I think we have lost the connections we had with each other for so long we have moved on. We are also older. Then there is Facebook...

Comment

There is, but boy keeping track of a single thread can be quite difficult on FB.

Comment

I only managed to save one post, the complete Immortals list.

Comment

Working...
                                    X