Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Trump give up on the wall and reopen the government?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Trump give up on the wall and reopen the government?

What say you?
    Yes, he should
    80.00%
    No, he shouldn't
    20.00%
    I'm not sure
    0%
    Highlander: Dark Places

He shouldn't.

I hope it gets made. It'll be quite the historical event and I'd like to see the impact of that internationally.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

He should at least end the shutdown. His tantrum isn't affecting him like it is the general public. There are people who have bills to pay who are NOT getting paid, people whose families get food stamps who are wondering how they are going to feed their families. If he wants to keep up this crap about a wall, let him do it without screwing the American people.

Comment

Originally posted by HL1 View Post
        He should at least end the shutdown. His tantrum isn't affecting him like it is the general public. There are people who have bills to pay who are NOT getting paid, people whose families get food stamps who are wondering how they are going to feed their families. If he wants to keep up this crap about a wall, let him do it without screwing the American people.
        The argument could be made that the democrats are just as much able to end the shutdown as he is.
        Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Yes, if they give in to his wall demand. I still put the ball in HIS court.

Comment

They have nine bills that passed the House and were based on the bills that the Senate passed unanimously that gave him funding and would have prevented a shutdown. Now the Senate Majority leader refuses to let anyone put forth any bills that don't provide the extortion amount. Yet the funds were available for the military plane to take trips overseas and to Florida. Government workers are still working for no pay. It is on 45 and the Majority Leader to compromise. There is a legal way to get funding from Congress that involves non-partisan research, feasibility and cost evaluation and public debate before the legislature approves of doling out the taxpayer dollars. The way they are demanding the money is not the way the Constitution set up funding requests. All they are doing is making themselves look childish and uncaring of the people who don't have the big bank accounts that the politicians have. It will probably kill any chances for re-election too.

Comment

It's a wasteful expense. There are better things to do with money like that.

Comment

• Colleengael
                Colleengael commented
                Editing a comment
                My guess is he promised different political campaign backers the manufacturing and construction contracts. Just like he did for the donors who ended up with the detention centers and private prisons and foster care facilities for the children of the immigrants.

The Wall would be a stupid and useless waste of what little money is left to the public after the trillion dollar tax cut for corporations and billionaires. Border security needs to be improved, and there are ways to do that. But, the concentration of resources needs to be on the ports of entry where most of the drugs are entering. A few billion dollars would pay for many more border patrol agents and better scanning equipment. That would be a smart use of limited resources.

Comment

Working...
              X