R.I.P., Bluesman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P., Bluesman

Two nights ago we lost Bluesman, AKA Dave Davis.

Very sad. I really thought he was going to beat his condition, like all of the other times.
    Highlander: Dark Places

I am very sorry to hear this. I had a number of friendly interactions with Blues over the years, starting almost from the beginning when I joined in 2007. He was the Administrator at that time. I remember that he emailed me to poke a bit of fun at the name I had chosen. I responded that in real life I was more of a Cyrus The Plebeian and that I just had a lot of respect for the historical Cyrus; a man truly worthy of Immortality.

My condolences to Blues' family.

Comment

Like Andrew, I thought he was going to beat the odds again too. Nothing but respect for Bluesman. He was one of a kind.

Comment

Me, too. I really hoped to chat with him again. We talked guitars a few times, as he knew so much!

Comment

Thank you for posting this Andrew. I haven't been here for quite a while, so don't know what prompted me to check in today. Very sorry to hear the news. He was very helpful to me years ago when the board was experiencing problems with deleted/hacked accounts, and despite some of the nastiness that occurred here during those times, I always felt like he was a good guy. He went through so much, so may he truly rest in peace now.
          WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

Originally posted by LamBear* View Post
            Thank you for posting this Andrew. I haven't been here for quite a while, so don't know what prompted me to check in today. Very sorry to hear the news. He was very helpful to me years ago when the board was experiencing problems with deleted/hacked accounts, and despite some of the nastiness that occurred here during those times, I always felt like he was a good guy. He went through so much, so may he truly rest in peace now.
            I miss him.

Comment

I had no idea. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by macleodhighlander View Post
                I had no idea. May he rest in peace.
                We lose more every year.

Comment

I've only just returned to the forums after so many years. I can't believe Blues is gone. Awful news. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Katana View Post
                    I've only just returned to the forums after so many years. I can't believe Blues is gone. Awful news. RIP.
                    I only knew him a little. I sent him tea from Japan once, and we talked guitars. I'm a complete amateur, he was very kind to me.

Comment

We didn’t really get along, but it’s sad our small Highlander community just got smaller. RIP Bluesman, I wonder if he’s sharing drinks in Le Blue’s Bar with Eric and the others we lost over the years.

Comment

Slightly morbid, but is there a list of who we have actually lost over the years? I know a lot of members haven't come back to the new iteration of this board for one reason or another, but I don't know how many can't come back.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                          Cyrus The Great commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Past administrators might know who we have lost over the years. You might try asking Andrew NDB.

• Dragon Katana
                          Dragon Katana commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I seem to remember Eric passing and Katana Tiger?

There is quite a few. Though I don't remember hearing about Katana Tiger dying?

Comment

I thought I heard about KT passing, too, but that was quite a while ago. I could be confusing him with someone else. Eric, though, I wasn't aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                            There is quite a few. Though I don't remember hearing about Katana Tiger dying?
                            I'm sure KT passed. It's got me thinking, now......

Comment

KT died sometime in 2007 iirc… there was also the lady who lived in Israel, Bev maybe? I don’t remember now.

edit, here’s KT’s obit
                              https://everloved.com/life-of/michae...ance/?flow=201
                              Last edited by Khye; 09-10-2023, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                                dubiousbystander commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thank you for this.

• Cyrus The Great
                                Cyrus The Great commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I think you are right about the name Bev. I remember an interaction that I had with her. After seeing "The Source", I first made my way here. Soon after my first visit, Bill Panzer died. I had a lot of negative things to say about "The Source" and a few negative comments about Bill who had a lot to do with the story of that movie. Well, apparently Bev knew Bill personally and she really chewed me out over one of my comments! Later, I had some more positive interactions with Bev. She was a nice person and I was saddened by her passing.

The thing that comes to mind about Bluesman is him attending conventions, and then posting about it with lots of photos, and then other members posting photos. (This would be on the previous board- the uploaded pictures are probably lost.)

Did he post in the chainfic threads, or was he merely imported as a character? I recall a mashup of the 'Blacklist' TV show where he was on 'the list'.

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                                The thing that comes to mind about Bluesman is him attending conventions, and then posting about it with lots of photos, and then other members posting photos. (This would be on the previous board- the uploaded pictures are probably lost.)
                                I went to a lot of them with him. Certainly I still have those photos.

Comment

I went to a lot of them with him. Certainly I still have those photos.
                                  I would be very interested to see some of your old convention photos Andrew if you would like to post them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post

I would be very interested to see some of your old convention photos Andrew if you would like to post them.
                                    I have some if you're interested. I took them when HLWW7 took place in Leeds, UK way back in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Katana View Post

I have some if you're interested. I took them when HLWW7 took place in Leeds, UK way back in 2006.
                                      Yes, I am interested. Perhaps you could create a post and upload some of your pictures. I'm sure some of our other regulars would be interested too!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post

Yes, I am interested. Perhaps you could create a post and upload some of your pictures. I'm sure some of our other regulars would be interested too!
                                        I'll see what I can do, Cyrus. The photos are on a portable hard drive somewhere in my study. I'll dig them out and create a post.

Comment

Two nights ago we lost Bluesman, AKA Dave Davis.

Very sad. I really thought he was going to beat his condition, like all of the other times.
                                          My God, has it really been 2 years? Miss you, Blues.

Comment

Working...
                                          X