Active Member Check-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Member Check-In

Hello fellow active members. I just posted this to see who is still coming here. I suppose most formerly active members are doing the Facebook site. But, I have had philosophical problems with the way Facebook is managed for years, so I have never joined. We still have a very good and user friendly place here. Is there some way that people could be invited back to participate here again?

I'm here ... and, like you, I don't use the facebook page. Hope the members will come back to the site instead
    La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

Yeah, I've heard too many kinds of daft stories about facebook to join. I miss news about mom's side of the family not being on it, that's my main loss. The uncles would rather make one facebook post than send a bulk e-mail. Once upon a time one of them sent e-mails with a read receipt/request involved, but now things are just thrown out to the ether.
      I'm hoping 'meta' jumps the shark & people take control of their communications again.

Comment

I still pop in here. Never have, never will use Facebook.

Comment

Hello Kladdagh, Perfect Warrior, and Ceridwen. Glad to see you all here. I hope some more people will drop in and encourage others to come back.

Comment

Am I active? Am I lurking? Do I even exist?

I leave it to you to decide...

Comment

Hello n107, I remember you from way back. Are you a fan of phenomenology? Your comment reminds me of the movie "Dark Star".

Comment

Howdy!

No, I can't say that I am a fan of phenomenology. Or, more accurately, I can say that I am a fan but doing so would make me a liar.

Unless, of course, I'm already a liar.

How's it going?

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                  Cyrus The Great commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Howdy back! I am thoroughly confused as to whether or not I can trust the veracity of your comments. Am I going or am I coming? Have I arrived or beat a hasty retreat? I sometimes find aspects of my own existence beyond reasonable comprehension.

Hi Cyrus and everyone! Just checking in.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello macleodhighlander, glad you checked in.

Originally posted by macleodhighlander View Post
                Hi Cyrus and everyone! Just checking in.
                Hi! How do, what'cha been up to the last two years?

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post

Hi! How do, what'cha been up to the last two years?
                  Just working mostly. I really should hang around the board more. I made some really great friends here.

Comment

I'm still alive and lurking from time to time. I hate Facebook
                    Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Hello Haplo, I remember you from way back too. Nice to see you here.

Comment

It's a tangle. So many people on Facebook seem to have trouble with the concept of a message board. I'm glad to have both, and happy to jump back and forth, even though here is so quiet. I dream of more activity, but there's only so much I can do.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                          Editing a comment
                          I am curious: Who are some of the long time members of our message board that you see over at the Facebook site?

• dubiousbystander
                          dubiousbystander commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's a little painful to answer. Some have left this vale of tears, like our beloved Bluesman. And I don't have everyone's nyms or names memorized. I don't know for certain on some if they were here. I was here, but pretty much was a lurker and wasn't using this nym. They get all mixed up for me. AndySloane, Andrew NDB, Bizarro7, carmel, elle-nora.

I see a number of nyms in the member list that are very clearly spam accounts, and someday they'll probably try to sneak clickbait in.

Some said that "facebook" or "meta" now is nearly gone. I ask it myself 'cause I don't have an account anymore there.
                        I am an old fashion type of guy (normal on an Highlander site =) ) and I prefer the "old fashion way" to convers.
                        So the board is perfect for me.
                        Unfortunatly, I lost my accreditations from my old account. I was around since 2003/2004 if I remember well.
                        La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kladdagh View Post
                          Some said that "facebook" or "meta" now is nearly gone. I ask it myself 'cause I don't have an account anymore there.
                          I am an old fashion type of guy (normal on an Highlander site =) ) and I prefer the "old fashion way" to convers.
                          So the board is perfect for me.
                          Unfortunatly, I lost my accreditations from my old account. I was around since 2003/2004 if I remember well.
                          I can't say if that's true about FB being nearly gone. It doesn't feel true.

Comment

• Kladdagh
                            Kladdagh commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yep ... I just "heard" that FB is not really used by young timers... Just by "old" persons.
                            Beside this, I don't know more.

I'm here. Today, that is. As you can see, it's been 2 months since this thread was started, so my posts are sporadic at best. Never ever signed up for any social media. My daughters-in-law are my facebook. They're both members and let me know if there's some sort of family news I need to know about, otherwise phone calls, texts and emails keep me up to date with friends and family. You know, old school.

Hi y'all !!!!
                          WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

Hi LamBear! Glad to see you dropping in. Do you keep in touch with any of the old members?

Comment

Sadly, no. Haven’t heard from shatka for a couple of years and mj and galeon live (or last I knew) less than 100 miles from me, but I lost her email address.
                              That’s one of the reasons I check in is to see if one of the gang has surfaced.
                              WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

I remember Shatka. I traded a few messages with her here. MJ and Galeon really used to liven this place up! I used to email Prima Donna quite often, but she just disappeared four or five years ago. I have long wondered what happened to her. I kept in touch with Mathpiglet via email once in a while, but I haven't heard from her in the last few years. I also wonder what happened to Aerie Reborn. She and I messaged here for a number of years.

Comment

Wonder also where Coleen is ... ?
                                  La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

I'm still FB friends with Shakta and chatted here or there over the years. It looked like she got hacked around the end of last year and hasn't been around since.
                                    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Hi Andrew, glad to see you back again.

Comment

Hi all - I've just resurrected my HL forum account and decided to log back in out of curiosity and my recent rewatching of Highander: The Series triggered my return to our beloved forum. It's been a long time.....

I hope you are all well. I'm hoping some of you remember me - NBD, Stones, Ertia, Mathpiglet, Elle Nora, Cyrus, n107, Katana Swordsman, Immortal Emperor, Quen Tin, Smee.....there are more and I apologise buy my mind is hazey

Comment

• n107
                                          n107 commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Yeah, I remember you. At least to the extent that I remember anything from back then. But something is better than nothing I suppose.

I remember you Dragon Katana. Glad you have returned. Its been a number of years since I last watched Highlander: The Series. Maybe I'll get back into it this year. Aside from the original movie, the series is what I enjoyed most about the Highlander franchise.

I remember Stones well. He and I had many animated and occasionally heated discussions, but they were always interesting. I hope he will find his way back here too.

Comment

Working...
                                        X