No announcement yet.

Active Member Check-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was using a different 'nym back in the day, and was probably both lurker and rather new when the old board went down. I remember a few names, but many I only know because of archived discussions!

Comment

• Dragon Katana
      Dragon Katana commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatever actually happened to the old board? Was it hacked or was there some of data issue over at vBulletin?

A couple of other names I remember - Donan Woods Dweller, mj, Katana Tiger (RIP),

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
    I remember you Dragon Katana. Glad you have returned. Its been a number of years since I last watched Highlander: The Series. Maybe I'll get back into it this year. Aside from the original movie, the series is what I enjoyed most about the Highlander franchise.

I remember Stones well. He and I had many animated and occasionally heated discussions, but they were always interesting. I hope he will find his way back here too.
    Hey Cyrus. Good to hear from you. I hope you're keeping well.

The original Highlander movie is still my favourite but admittedly, over the past few years Highlander: The Series has grown on me. I was never a big fan of the series or Duncan MacLeod but I do like the way that the series is consistent and it does have some really good episodes. It's a shame Christopher Lambert didn't make more appearances in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Katana View Post
      Whatever actually happened to the old board? Was it hacked or was there some of data issue over at vBulletin?
      The old board was indeed hacked. As I recall, it was down for at least a couple of months. I stayed in touch with Math Piglet and Prima Donna via email while it was down. I was very happy when I heard that the board was back up. But, a lot of old threads were lost.

How many appearances did Christopher Lambert make in the Highlander series? I had completely forgotten that he appeared there at all.

Comment

The old board was indeed hacked. As I recall, it was down for at least a couple of months. I stayed in touch with Math Piglet and Prima Donna via email while it was down. I was very happy when I heard that the board was back up. But, a lot of old threads were lost.

How many appearances did Christopher Lambert make in the Highlander series? I had completely forgotten that he appeared there at all.
        Damn shame about the original board. I miss those days when this place was full of 'life'.

Christopher Lambert only guest starred in one episode of Highlander: The Series. He was in the pilot episode called 'The Gathering'. There are references to Connor in various other episodes.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
          Cyrus The Great commented
          Editing a comment
          I miss the good old busy days too!

Ok, it makes sense that Lambert would appear in the pilot episode to help kick start the series. It just occurred to me that it would be very cool if Lambert would do a cameo in the remake/reboot movie being developed now.

I was just looking to see when the last person besides me posted. I think it was Feb. 24, or about three weeks ago. I am a bit worried that whoever is paying to maintain this Board might pull the plug due to inactivity. I drop in several times a week, but I don't always have ideas for posts in existing threads or for new threads. I hope some more people decide to be active here!

Comment

I was just looking to see when the last person besides me posted. I think it was Feb. 24, or about three weeks ago. I am a bit worried that whoever is paying to maintain this Board might pull the plug due to inactivity. I drop in several times a week, but I don't always have ideas for posts in existing threads or for new threads. I hope some more people decide to be active here!
          I pop in every few weeks or so just to see if anyone's trying to chat. I used to check in a lot more frequently but, well, no one was trying to chat.

Comment

Originally posted by n107 View Post

I pop in every few weeks or so just to see if anyone's trying to chat. I used to check in a lot more frequently but, well, no one was trying to chat.
            Hi n107,

I have never tried to chat here at the Board. How do you do that?

Comment

I don't know, either. I think mostly we just post and speak, and see if someone answers.

Comment

I visit the board when I remember to which isn't very often. I think my interest dwindled years ago once the board had peaked. Shame really as I genuinely miss those days.

Comment

We just need more, new Highlander content to talk about. When the remake gets in gear there might be at least a moderate uptick.
                Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                  Cyrus The Great commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Andrew,

Please let us know when you hear any news.

Hi, all! Just finding this community!

Anyone think there needs to be a better catalogue and archive of Highlander material. It's sort of disparate between fandom, wikipedia, and old tripod sites. Also, things like Highlander 3030 and the audio series aren't sold anymore, and are slowly becoming lost media, unless the community hosts them somewhere.

I am currently trying to get my hands on 3030 if anyone has it. Physical or digital. I see that it was once free download on drivethrucomics, so should not be illegal to share.

Comment

Originally posted by tjlfitzgibbon View Post

Anyone think there needs to be a better catalogue and archive of Highlander material. It's sort of disparate between fandom, wikipedia, and old tripod sites. Also, things like Highlander 3030 and the audio series aren't sold anymore, and are slowly becoming lost media, unless the community hosts them somewhere.

I am currently trying to get my hands on 3030 if anyone has it. Physical or digital. I see that it was once free download on drivethrucomics, so should not be illegal to share.
                  It's not even on readcomiconline. I actually did legally buy it, way back when. The pain of it when the quality of the art was not the quality of the cover, and the story!

Comment

• tjlfitzgibbon
                    tjlfitzgibbon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So, I've heard. Still, some content is better than none.

• dubiousbystander
                    dubiousbystander commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There are fanfic by the thousands, then.

Originally posted by tjlfitzgibbon View Post

Welcome here tjlfitzgibbon!

If you live in the U.S., you might try Half Priced Books. I get a lot of old out of print books and DVD's from them. They have stores in many cities and States here. If you live elsewhere, maybe you can find similar stores in your area.

Comment

Working...
                  X