I appreciate this place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate this place.

I know this place isn't the happening night club that it once was, but I appreciate that it is still here (or, more accurately, recreated).

It does feel like a sanctuary for us older fans who have been moving silently down through the centuries, before the dawn of social media nonsense.

So, thanks for keeping this place standing even if the loudest voices heard are merely the echoes of the past.

I couldn't have said it better, n107.

In a weird, sort of melodramatic way this place was part of 'me' back in the early naughties leading up to about 2006 (I even managed to meet some of the members in reality).

A second home, if you will.

It's a real shame that the forum isn't that bustling place that it once was. I truly do miss those days....

So thank you, n107 for still being here. The forum may not be the place that it once was but you never know. Maybe one day there will be a resurgence - past immortals returning to the game and maybe some new pre-immortals as well.

DK
    Last edited by Dragon Katana; 11-11-2022, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I appreciate this place too, and am glad that this forum still exists! Hopefully, some more old members will return and more new members will join. In the meantime, thanks to everyone helping to keep this place up and running.

Comment

I'm so glad you're here!
        I know FB is just so easy to interact on, but I love this place, too.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
          I'm so glad you're here!
          I know FB is just so easy to interact on, but I love this place, too.
          I won't touch Facebook with a barge pole. Shame really but I just can't bring myself to join. I tend to say clear of social media altogether. My limit is Reddit (just to browse) and WhatsApp.

Are any members of the HLBB active on Facebook?

Comment

Sanctuaries aren't safe though.
            Maybe it's be a bit more like the holy well. Just a bit of Highlander splashing around in peace and quiet.
            May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Katana View Post

I won't touch Facebook with a barge pole. Shame really but I just can't bring myself to join. I tend to say clear of social media altogether. My limit is Reddit (just to browse) and WhatsApp.

Are any members of the HLBB active on Facebook?
              That's perfectly alright!
              There are member of HLBB active, but you know time keeps passing.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post

That's perfectly alright!
                There are member of HLBB active, but you know time keeps passing.
                Maybe its an age thing but man, time really does keep passing....every day, week, month and year just blurs into one!

Comment

Working...
                X