Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolwater
    replied
    Your sacroilliac joint is displaced?? Damn, you all must have a truly athletic relationship!!
    Seriously, I don't know if the shots will help if the darn joint is still popping out. What about a shot and a brace to keep it in place and give it time to heal?

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I am at home today. We're having typoon weather. Though we aren't a direct hit, it means muggy. Stop moving and damp settles on the skin.

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    replied
    I've got most of my stuff in the new place, now it's just a matter of unpacking... which is taking a long time. I have a private room in a unit with occupancy up to 6 (two private rooms, and two shared rooms), but only one other room looks like it's inhabited (the other private room on the other side of the unit), but I haven't seen him, yet. There's a little bit of food in the fridge, which I'm sure is his, but everything else seems pretty unused. For being the designated "Move In Day" for the location, I'm surprised by how few people I've seen in general.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but such as it is.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    There is no joy in moving, not even in the sarcasm...at least it doesn't sound like the move is costing you too much...hiring movers puts a big load of misery on top of an already stressful experience! Hope you like your new place!

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    replied
    Well, I'm getting ready to move out of my current place tonight, so I can move into my new place tomorrow. Luckily most of my stuff remained packed while I was here, so it shouldn't take too long to pack, but I'll have to wait until later this evening when my brother comes by to load up his van. Then it's off to his place for a night, then I get to wait for my move in time tomorrow. The joys of moving! ..... ugh.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
    May all go well, ~mj~!
    TY! My knee is screwed up now...I swear, I am falling apart!! At least my head is firmly attached!!

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    May all go well, ~mj~!

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
    ~mj~, could your back be responsible for the migraines? What did they say about your back, anyway?
    I have a problem in my sacroilliac joint, it snaps in and out of place too easily. The tendon in the joint is inflamed. I am going to have cortisone shots, if that doesn't work, maybe surgery to fuse the joint...

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Doobie, how can you say you can't make plans when you just got back from Japan? Was it fun?
    Me? Actually, I live in Japan. It is fun most of the time! Still have to work for a living, of course.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    A member of my extended family passed away. We weren't particularly close, though that person was always good and made joy in life. I don't know if I'll be asked to attend the services.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    ~mj~, could your back be responsible for the migraines? What did they say about your back, anyway?

Doobie, how can you say you can't make plans when you just got back from Japan? Was it fun?

Lam, I'm so glad about your back! My nose is awesome: I hadn't realized how hard it was to breath until it was easy again. No, nobody laughed about the helmet (much too polite ), but three hours on a staccato wind-up toy with no shocks in her joints was not fun for either of us. Pasos are supposed to be very smooth and I can usually ride trails for six hours on other horses with no real misery the next day, but this! Never again!
    This is the natural gait of the breed; they're born doing this. Then when they are excited and you collect them, instead of slowing down, they step shorter.

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    commented on 's reply
    No fun on either count.

• ~mj~
    replied
    Trying to do a bit of housework and have a migraine at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    What kind of job?

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    I'm working on a cover letter for a job I'm applying for. Fun stuff!

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Just drifting through here feeling nostalgic for the old HLBB...

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Yes.

Glad you took a break from real life, C.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Have you ever just been working, running around day to day, and then realize that it's been 9 or 10 months since you last checked the Highlander board? That's what I'm doing, realizing that I've let real life take up entirely too much of my time lately

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Had a dream about a former member last night (totally weird, naturally), so I thought I'd best check in. We've had lots of rain here, too. The grass/weeds/wildflowers are almost as tall as the antelope.

How was the pony ride, Cool? No disrespectful laughter from the four-legged beasts I trust. I agree with dubious, the helmet looks nice.

Hey, Trees! Glad you remembered your password.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Sigh. I gave up coffee except for asthma attacks. I miss it, but when I have some for wheezing, it tastes so good and it works like lightning! Almost makes me want to go sniff some mold!

I had my nose mended and am almost to the point of being able to breath most of the time. Yay! As surgeries go, it wasn't the worst, but I don't want to do it again! (Twice is plenty!) so I'm off to buy a lady's lacrosse helmet. It's the only helmet I can find that works for horse riding, while defending against concussion and keeping my snoot safe. I fear that the horses will laugh at me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-03-27 13:06:55.png
Views:	253
Size:	468.1 KB
ID:	8623
    I think that Lacross helmet really looks nice, though. I'm fine in Japan. It decided to rain a lot here. It got cold, too. I feel like it's been raining for more than a day. The storm windows are closed on the cat room. So far no sign of the roof leaking, knock on wood!

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Hello! It has been storming and storming and every so often we hide in the cellar. The dogs hate being carried down the steps, but they get a lovely greasy bone to chew at the bottom, so they're learning to like it a little better.
    How is everyone?

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtisticTrees View Post
    I'm procrastinating entering grades into the gradebook program because I just found my password for this site for the first time in at least a year I think.
    Welcome back! I am between lessons right now. I made myself some lunch. Been listening to the audiobook for Percy Jackson: Son of Neptune.

Leave a comment:

• ArtisticTrees
    replied
    I'm procrastinating entering grades into the gradebook program because I just found my password for this site for the first time in at least a year I think.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Agreed. I had a trying evening yesterday; not awful, just really irritating. Laughter helps a lot.
    I'm gad you're ambulatory again.
    I think the horses are going to laugh. I'm going to be riding a Paso Fino pony on Saturday that will make me look like a snow man on a donkey, so maybe the helmet will distract from the size mismatch?

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Whoa, PW, that doesn't sound good. Don't CPAPs just blow O2 up your nose? Hope the data can sort through all that. Good luck.

That's some kind of helmet, Cool. Maybe a sugar bribe will keep the horses from laughing, but I think it looks snazzy. Hope the nose fix is a total success. Breathing is important.

"How is your back recovering, Lammy? And I love your sigs, BTW."

The back is doing remarkably well, and therefore so am I, especially since I met the surgeon only once before he took a knife to my spine. Trust and crossed fingers. Thanks for asking. As for the sigs, I figure anything that makes me laugh is bound to make someone else laugh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X