Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LamBear*
    commented on 's reply
    Mmmmm. Homemade bread. Good luck with the sleep study.

• LamBear*
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumen View Post
    Good to see you too, Lammy and a happy new year to you and your family as well! Are you completely off of the opioids now or are you still going to need them for a while?

I am not up to much today. Trying to have a lazy Sunday before going back to work tomorrow..
    Thanks, kiddo. Yep, completely off the drugs, although they were useful and effective while I needed them. But it is soooo nice to be (mostly) pain free again. 🙂

Hope I'm not off base asking about ravvy. Are you two still a pair? How are the horses?

I'm not too crazy about going back to the office tomorrow either. Off to go fold sheets. The fun never ends.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Quite an ordinary afternoon: Breadmaker running, a small ham will end up in the oven later in the afternoon with the results of supper and sandwich meat.

Mom & I still haven't exchanged Christmas gifts. She seems to be having a rougher time of it after treatment than during.

& that dang sleep study found something, so I'll be sleeping at the hospital some night soon for further data. (It would be nice to fix the nonsense I wake with.)

Leave a comment:

• Lumen
    replied
    Good to see you too, Lammy and a happy new year to you and your family as well! Are you completely off of the opioids now or are you still going to need them for a while?

I am not up to much today. Trying to have a lazy Sunday before going back to work tomorrow..

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Happy New Year, one and all! Didn't stay up to see the new year in as I am recovering from back surgery and faded early, but I was confident 2019 would make it here without me. Then last night I thought about this place for some reason and now that I'm off those good opioids, my brain is functioning enough to put together a sentence or two.

Cool, Hubby and I were/are huge fans of Person of Interest. Loved that show and all the regular cast. Didn't particularly like how it ended, but , oh well.

Hope you and the family are doing well. Good to see a few of the "old" members returning.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    And a Happy New Year, y'all!!!
    We were binging Person of Interest and almost missed the ball drop! Kissed, drank decent champagne, ate asiago cheese with amazing pretzels. In my book, with the world in the shape that it is, that's a good start to the year.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Merry Christmas. Bird is in the oven, breadmaker running. I didn't do any christmas baking this year, and mom noped out on Midnight mass.

Leave a comment:

• Kat
    replied
    Merry Christmas, Ya'll!

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Happy Almost Christmas, y'all!

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Oh, NaNo is what killed that thread. I managed 10K in the end. (The dare is 50K, BTW)

What I'm doing right now- I have baked beans baking in the oven. When I do a large ham I put the bone in the freezer for exactly that purpose.

Mom's radiation ends Thursday. I've never had radiation, and she reports that it physically exhausts one, but doesn't have the mental smear of chemo.
    I turn 50 on the 21st, so the week before she's taking me to a performance of Handel's Messiah. (The day after she ends radiation. Mooom. stop pushing yourself.)

& oh- My respirologist wants me to sleep with a dang machine for testing purposes. Pick it up Wednesday, (with orientation talk), return it Thursday. They're mainly about sleep apnea, will it really give him any useful info about my lung scarring?

Most of this dang stuff has nothing to do with party season. (Well, my birthday has always clashed with christmas.) ((& for some reason I'm shaking my head at now I'm participating in two, count 'em TWO Mystery Knit-Alongs at once, with one releasing clues every day.))

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    NaNo! I'm starting mine now!

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    commented on 's reply
    1/50th done before noon? Congrats! I'm at zero. Sitting here aching and non-ambitious. (Somehow channel my meep-don't-wanna into storyline?)

• TheWolfEmperor
    replied
    Originally posted by Kat View Post
    Thinking I have to stop by and say it. I'm surprised no one else has...

Happy Halloween, Ladies!
    Long time, no see, Kat. I hope you're doing well.

I just cleared the first 1,000 words on my NaNoWriMo (National November Novel Writing Month for those who don't know) project this morning.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Thank you for that, Kat!

Leave a comment:

• Kat
    replied
    Thinking I have to stop by and say it. I'm surprised no one else has...

Happy Halloween, Ladies!

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    After all my worries about mom's cancer treatment she ends up being taken to the hospital in an ambulance for something completely different. She tripped on a rug (those slush mat things at the entrance to the store.), faceplanted and broke her nose. Five stitches, she said.

The custard? I've concluded that cocoa works better in cornstarch pudding, not egg pudding.

Tomorrow I'm the one getting medical tests. "PFT"- something about my old lung damage.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    And egg salad in restaurants and chicken soup from a can! They always say that allergies change over time, but I figured that with my luck, it could only get worse.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Mmmmm, custard! How did it come out?

I got retested for allergies today and have fewer than I used to! (I have a lot.) Soooo awesome! I can clean mold now without misery, as long as it isn't the mold that grows on leaves!!!

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Mom's collecting her 'raincheque' and her parcels today. So I have some cooking to do when I get off the computer. I was thinking baked custard for dessert, mom said chocolate, so not my tried and true recipe that I know fits into my custard dishes. I looked it up online and got a 'Better Homes & Gardens' magazine recipe.

& weather? Sensible fall weather by local standards, but we've been freezing overnight for about a month.

Leave a comment:

• Kat
    replied
    Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
    Kat, plug your ears and sing La La La. We got frost last night. Two days ago it was 80 and super humid. Today it's in the upper 40s and getting ready to pour cold rain.
    Lalalalalala! Got our 3rd Freeze warning this week! thhhhpt!

We also got our Halloween Lights up today. Gawds I'm achy! I'm gettin' too old for this shhh...

Leave a comment:

• TheWolfEmperor
    replied
    Trying to fix the mic settings on my laptop so my skype recording won't sound off when I play it back.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
    Kat, plug your ears and sing La La La. We got frost last night. Two days ago it was 80 and super humid. Today it's in the upper 40s and getting ready to pour cold rain.
    We have frost warning here in Ohio too

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    I'd forgotten the board was rebuilt..time to catch up

Leave a comment:

• TheWolfEmperor
    replied
    Trying to write a thousand words. Four hundred more to go. Shouldn't be hard, right?

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X