Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplo
    replied
    Working as usual. Youngest daughter had her interview today and it went well. Now it's time to do an online assessment and then 2nd interview

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Bloodwork this afternoon, thus I'm on the computer earlier than usual.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Starting another week at work and bracing myself for Dreigha visiting her oldest daughter for a few days. I admit I don't like her being gone..it feels like I've lost an arm for a while
    Last edited by Haplo; 05-14-2018, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    There HAS to be a special place in hell for people who drop chewed gum on the ground and walk away, leaving it for someone else to step in.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Watching our servers at work go up and down and the queue get longer and longer..good times on a Friday

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Still aching when I stand up, and I've been home for two days.

What I'm doing right now is waiting for the Avon lady. One can't order direct from the website, they assign you a representative. She doesn't have the means to do interac or a credit card, so I had to do the folderol to set up e-transfer with her. I pay for online stuff with a MasterCard all the time. Even have a card and account dedicated to e-commerce, and that's just for hobby stuff (and bras.) At least it wasn't PayPal.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    That's more or less where we are. I was live-in nurse for Pina's sinus surgery. Lots of work and I'm healthier than you are, PW.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    Sayyy, was that you chewing in my ear the other day?

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    If scrubbing helps you sleep, I'll have to try it.

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Home from mom's just an hour ago. Her surgery went well, she hasn't heard yet about further treatment, but they're strongly insinuating that there will be (chemo? radiation?)

She had so many visitors dropping by. Her senior's center has decent activities, and she does the coordination for some.

After doing mom's laundry I have fresh gratitude for my in-suite machines. On the same floor, just a drag down the hall, but the first load was for towels that had been used for a mop-up of the shower putting a lot of water on the floor. Man, that had the weigh over 40 pounds.

The Canadian medical system is putting more and more of the workload on homecare. In '06 I was sent home with I.V. meds and a portable pump, '14 I had to do my own shots for some of my cancer treatment. They sent mom home with the surgical drain still in, and required her to drain the collector thing and measure it and write it down!

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Waiting to start live chat at work so I can eat my breakfast. They frown upon eating while talking to customers..stupid call center rules

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Going to go scrub my kitchen floor (yep, it's 2 am) and wishing I could sleep....

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to know, on both!

• Coolwater
    replied
    I got impatient with Don Quixote, but the end is really good, Dubi. As for Les Mis, I've read it maybe four times. "Yes, it's that good."

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I went for the unabridged English audiobook of Les Mis. It's huge. Can't wait to listen to it! Have been enjoying Don Quixote, to which there is much more than I knew.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    I'm so sorry you guys are going through this.

• Coolwater
    replied
    We're totally into a Turkish series called Resurrection: Ertugrul . Sometimes the subtitles are bad (but often funny!), but it's a rip roaring tale of treachery, heroism, fine horses and lots of swordplay. Strong female characters, too.

"You are a treacher!"
    "You cannot kill me: my blood is halal to you."

There's a guy named Turgut who is a wizard with an axe. He makes the guys on Vikings look like pikers.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    Noooooooooooo!

• Perfect Warrior
    commented on 's reply
    Scare has turned into reality- they're taking her left breast off. She's meeping about how fast it's happening, even though she's strongly suspected since January and put off going to the doctor a few months. Just starting to spread to the lymph nodes. I was as supportive as I could be yesterday, when she came over for a scratch-cooked birthday supper.

• Haplo
    replied
    I'm waiting for 6PM to get her so I can go get Breakfast. I didn't have time before work and it's been very busy since I got here

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Hope your mom is ok PW.
    I am taking a break from needlework to post here while waiting for my tea to cool. Still in my jammies, and I may stay that way...

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    commented on 's reply
    Depends where you live I guess...it was 97 here yesterday, 87 today...

• ~mj~
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly. I also hate flying...too much hassle!

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Aaand mom's been handed a cancer scare. The biopsy was the day before her birthday.

(& taxes sucked. They kept more than I expected- capital gains tax. What ya get for collapsing a mutual fund that was doing well.)

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    I'm trying to figure out if I've screwed up my chances to take a vacation or just shortened it by a day. I already had a week PTO approved but had to miss a day yesterday due to throwing up and such. Since I have PTO, I wasn't allowed to take yesterday off without pay so now I'm losing a day of vacation PTO and due to how vacation was scheduled I might miss two days of vacation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X