What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for coffee time...
    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• I'm currently fighting a cold and hoping that it will be done away with before the next semester starts on Monday.

Comment

• Ah yes, school starts Monday. Doing Accounting online I can get into my classwork, but there's a funny business about the schedule as it goes down the side of the webpage, and there's a certain URL that I need to login at a certain place. But since it doesn't officially 'start' until Monday I'm not raising a fuss until then.

Amazon inflicted a 'free trial' of Prime on me when I ordered some stuff on Boxing Day. Now I'm finding myself muttering 'if shipping's free, why should I walk bulky things home from five blocks away if they're at a decent price?' Witch is exactly their Machiavellian plot, isn't it. They want to send me all my kitchen dry goods and every kind of paper. (Their cheese spread options suck, though.)

Comment

• First day back at school. I've got about two hours until my only Monday class, but since my brother drives me now that I can't drive myself, I've been here for about an hour and a half already (he's a professor here, so he has classes to teach). So yeah, I'm just sitting here by a window being bored.

Comment

• My brother is out of town for a math conference so I'm off for the next two days of school, making for a full week off since I only have classes Monday-Thursday and there's no school next Monday... I feel like I should be excited for the time off, but I'm actually not. I like going to class, gods help me, even my two and a half hour math class on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Comment

• LamBear*
              LamBear* commented
              Editing a comment
              It's because you're no longer a teenager. School takes on a different aspect when you're older. For most people. (TEST is a four letter word). Good luck with the new semester. How's your recovery going?

• Takk
              Takk commented
              Editing a comment
              Recovery is going well. Not as fast as I had been hoping, but well. I can stand up on my own without blocking and walk with just a walker to aid with balance, but not for too long of a distance. 53 feet is the farthest I've gone in one go, and that was just this past Monday. My left leg feels like it's almost at full strength most of the time, though while walking I can tell it's not. My right leg is still lagging far behind. I'm getting used to how it feels while walking, but the quad is still super weak and causes some balance issues, though the last two times its buckled I've been able to catch myself with my left leg, so that's good.

The surgeon says I'll continue to regain nerve strength for up to two years after the surgery, so I've got a lot of time before I get back to full strength, but it seems more and more like the right foot might have a bit of permanent paralysis, inasmuch that I've still yet to recover the ability to lift the right foot upwards at the ankle, which was one of the first things that came back on my left. I can hold it level so that it doesn't drag while walking, but that's it. No upward motion at all.

• I walked about 270 feet yesterday during PT, but it left me so achy this morning that I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed to go to school. So much blah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Takk View Post
              I walked about 270 feet yesterday during PT, but it left me so achy this morning that I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed to go to school. So much blah.
              I'm just so glad you're still with us. I hope for continuing improvement for you.

I'm awake because the Earthquake alarm on my phone went off around 2:06 am. It wasn't that big a quake, thankfully.

Comment

• Getting ready to go on a cruise. I'll let you know if the coronavirus follows me home.
                WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• There's a place I order from occasionally in China. They have this at the top of their website right now:

Dear Customers,

We extend holidays in accordance with local policies. But don't worry, we will back to work soon.
                  The packages will start to be shipped on February 9 when we return to work.
                  Please also feel free to place order during the holiday,first in first out.
                  However, our customer service department will telecommute from January 31, If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

'Extend holidays in accordance with local policies.' I see a euphemism for government mandated shutdown. (They're in Yiwu, Zhejiang. That's not all that close to the problem, is it?)

(What I'm doing? Putting off my accounting homework. Practice, practice practice on adjusting entries is bbt

Comment

• Takk
                    Takk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's probably just related to the Chinese New Year.

• My tax refund is going to be almost double what I thought it was going to be, so I filled some holes in my Musketeer collection, and now I'm trying to decide what to watch first.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	169.7 KB ID:	11332
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I'm currently just sitting around, waiting for my laundry to be done. This four day weekend is finally coming to an end. I've got a paper to write for tomorrow, and PT at 4pm, but aside from that, it's all just blah.

Comment

Working...
                    X