Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Listening to an audiobook.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post

      Well, it's broken in two places. technically not the ankle, just above and just below. So she has a 'boot' on it, not a cast. (So she can remove it for bed and shower-time.) One of her meds that is supposed to make cancer relapse less likely is *supposed* to also strengthen bones. So much for that theory, I guess. She's considering dropping an 'anti-estrogen' med, wondering if it's contributing to her increased falls. Outright broken gets homecare covered, there's that small thread of a silver lining.

      Myself? My asthma doc is still pushing the idea of a C-PAP machine. Blowing the peak flow meter I coughed myself dizzy, so maybe I do have to.

      School starts tomorrow. I'm almost done the first two modules, but it formally 'starts', with a teacher to answer questions and stuff.
      Yikes! Hugs, hugs! I hope things get better for you two!

      Comment


      • Mom was by on Sunday to visit, and had her lower leg all strapped up in quite the contraption. Her spirits are good, & her neighbors helping a lot.

        Myself? Schooling, schooling, schooling. They have one theory about how to detect cheating- have us do it by hand and scan or photograph it. Income Statements, Balance Sheets, attached schedules. All by hand on looseleaf and then scanned. It wasn't as bad as it seems at first glance- I do like to have a hard copy before typing it in. (But oh the white-out I used getting a nice clean copy.)

        Comment


        • Obsessively going through the New Watcher Chronicles CD, now that I can finally access it!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
            Obsessively going through the New Watcher Chronicles CD, now that I can finally access it!
            Do share what's on there.

            I'm laying down in a food coma, digesting.

            Comment


            • Laundry. It's what is very often happening when I'm on here.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post

                Do share what's on there.

                I'm laying down in a food coma, digesting.
                Hahah! Well, that's where the Swords post came from. There are a lot of things that seemed to have gotten lost.

                Comment


                • Playing around with lenses and camera equipment.
                  Highlander: Dark Places

                  Comment


                  • Uploaded my latest assignment for school yesterday, made banana muffins a couple hours ago, now I'm just farting around on the computer reading.
                    Should study for major testing stuff next week. A total of 30% of my mark.

                    Comment


                    • Banana muffins sound so good. One of the things I miss the most due to the pandemic is easy access to a variety of foods. I look at other people post pictures of food online and drool. I was folding laundry.

                      Comment


                      • It's weird what's out of stock, isn't it. I can't get Italian flavored shake n'bake anywhere. My local Sobeys has got some herb & parmesan breadcrumbs in, but not quite the same, especially on chicken legs. I had to resort to Amazon for the 'free & clear' version of a laundry detergent. Summer (stone) fruit was lousy quality this year, even at the fruit stand. Only plums were decent.

                        I've resorted to those meal kit services a few times, those get variety in one's diet. Not cheap though, especially when the coupon ends.

                        But the muffins in question actually use up old crap. Mushy bananas, sour milk. They turn out fine with egg replacer instead of eggs. But it can be hard to find the wheat germ.

                        Oh, on topic to the thread: Washing machine is running, washing summer bedding that needs to get put away. (Using the Amazon detergent, yes.)

                        Comment


                        • Posting information from The New Watcher Chronicles!

                          Comment


                          • Catching up on the message boards. We had an unexplained Media blackout in my county and the neighboring one yesterday. No stories at all on the news why the cable, internet and phones all went down for eight to fifteen hours on a day when they ran a test of the Emergency Alert System and a day after a big political rally had the candidate yelling lock her up and incited violence in my state. Some of those accused domestic terrorists are from these two counties. Their families and friends are a bit ticked off. The power was back on for all those media outlets by this morning but still no explanations given online or on the news today as to what caused it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
                              Catching up on the message boards. We had an unexplained Media blackout in my county and the neighboring one yesterday. No stories at all on the news why the cable, internet and phones all went down for eight to fifteen hours on a day when they ran a test of the Emergency Alert System and a day after a big political rally had the candidate yelling lock her up and incited violence in my state. Some of those accused domestic terrorists are from these two counties. Their families and friends are a bit ticked off. The power was back on for all those media outlets by this morning but still no explanations given online or on the news today as to what caused it.
                              Wow! I'm glad you're posting, because that means you're okay for now, I hope. Hugs!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                                It's weird what's out of stock, isn't it.
                                I can't get the snack protein packs: Cheese/nuts/craisins. Haven't had them in the store for months. What the hell else is small enough - and not a Take 5 - to pack in my courier bag?

                                Comment


                                • Colleengael
                                  Colleengael commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I just use a small tupperware snack cup with a lid and fill it with my own blend of nuts and dried fruit. You could also see if your grocery store or dollar store carries Kars nuts and snack packs. They come in a variety of blends and you can buy a big bag or individual portions.
                              Working...
                              X