X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alireza-res
    replied
    i am listening to music . and playing warcraft
    Last edited by alireza-res; 01-20-2018, 02:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Originally posted by Kat View Post
    Popping in, prograstingating

It's that time of year again, decorating the house for the holiday & I got to thinking how Once Upon A Time we'd come here and enlight, kvetch, or amuse with tales of getting stuck on the roof and such ') . So

So yeah procrastinating by coming to say HI Y'all! I'm decorating for Halloween! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Yes, "once upon a time" this was a busy place--especially on holidays. Hope all your decorations turned out great and that you had lots of Trick-or-Treaters. We're living out in the countryside these days so we're blissfully free of goblins.

Originally posted by Haplo View Post
    ..in a manly way of course.
    Of course. Congrats on the promotion.

Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
    I missed it by two cents. Taxes (on snacks, but not regular groceries) apparently don't count. & I even grabbed a few chocolate bars to put it over the amount. Fell for their marketing strategy, and two cents short.
    Think they've got that figured out? Down to the cents?

Me, I'm doing my usual procrastinating and taking a "break" from paying last minute bills. I do sorta have an excuse. Hubby had shoulder surgery 6 days ago and I've been waiting on him (more than the usual) since his arm is in a sling and will be for 6 more weeks. Arrgghh. Not fun for either of us.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    I noticed! Nicer to scroll through and check for new posts.

What I did today? Medical appointment, booked for a CT scan, got my flu shot, grabbed groceries. Silly thing about the groceries- my points card gives me extra points if my bill totals over a certain amount. I missed it by two cents. Taxes (on snacks, but not regular groceries) apparently don't count. & I even grabbed a few chocolate bars to put it over the amount. Fell for their marketing strategy, and two cents short.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    I'm re-jiggering the forum a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    I finally got a (minor) promotion at work. I'll now be one of the chief peons, or as they call it CSR-2. I'm still paid hourly and still on the phones but now I'll be allowed to be more independent and can officially help out less experienced agents when they have questions. It also comes with a pay raise which is nice. I've been working on this for over a year now so I'm kinda giddy..in a manly way of course.

Leave a comment:

• Kat
    replied
    Popping in, prograstingating

It's that time of year again, decorating the house for the holiday & I got to thinking how Once Upon A Time we'd come here and enlight, kvetch, or amuse with tales of getting stuck on the roof and such ') . So

Last weekend (Sunday) the hubby & I got ... half... the lights up. The ones with the little skulls, pumpkins, ghosts, and scary/eye balls. We cleaned off the porch & got some of the branches up for an arc. Hubby trimmed the branches down a little too far so I've trimmed 3 "trees" this week. Ok, more like a few hours over 2 days. The rest of "The Plan" this weekend, starting... well, today - I should be out raking the leaves for the Big Pumpkin. Saturday lash down the 3 "trees" *wink, wink*, put up/out the spider webbing, spiders, ravens, skulls, skeletons, pumpkins, ghosts. Maybe I'll come back and bore you with a picture or 2 later.

So yeah procrastinating by coming to say HI Y'all! I'm decorating for Halloween! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    & the computer is switched over. I found out why I didn't get contacted by my old ISP- SaskTel doesn't offer 'easy-switch' anymore. (I had to contact the old provider to discontinue service.) Probably had too many incidents of people changing their minds after a counter offer. (Like I did last year.)

The installer had an idea I should have thought of- forward the e-mails I want to keep to my outlook account. Duh, of course was my reaction when he said this.

Oh, news from my GP about that x-ray: stable right atelectasis. A complication of fluid on the lung. (The air sacs on the edge collapsing) Now I can give mom heck if she pushes me to do things, no? (I see my oncologist in ten days.)

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Yesterday I got a door-to-door saleswoman pitching the ISP/cable provider I'm Not with. Yeah, I was actually contemplating switching in December, when my present promo runs out. They'll match that promo, and extend it for two years! And she really pushed for me to switch NOW! (I didn't ask what her commission was. I assume that to be her motive.) So I went for it. I'm expecting my present provider to contact me soon with a counteroffer. They did last year. If I switch I can't keep my e-mail. I'll have to go through my e-mail and write what I want to keep down.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Right now I'm griping about my new seating location at work. I'm right by the cafe where they hold all the big gatherings and it's loud. I'm in a call center and can only turn up my headset volume so far.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
    And now watching Star Trek Discovery episode 4!
    I just watched that last night and came to the painful conclusion that if I wasn't already paying for CBS, so Dreigha could have her Big Brother, I wouldn't subscribe to it. The show is good on it's own merits as a randomly named Sci-Fi show but it just doesn't work as Star Trek. The Klingons don't look or act like Klingons and all the holographic technology is more advanced than TNG which is like a century later!

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Mending. running an errand for the husband, and rejoicing that I'm off the Low Carb diet. It was fun to eat everything that is forbidden on Heart Healthy Diet, but I was nearly vegetarian before this and I got sick of beef and broccoli for breakfast really fast! Since I only lost five pounds over three months of virtuousness, I say, "Buh bye, Low Carb!"

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    You are a wise woman, Warrior! *salaams*

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    And now watching Star Trek Discovery episode 4!

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    I thought the one I'm using now WAS my previous username, but have been assured no one recognizes it, or that they remember someone who was a guy. Though I think his was not "dubious"bystander.

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    The turkey goes in the oven in an hour, so I'm doing my online stuff earlier than usual. 3C outside, with a predicted high of 5C. So if it gets hot in here opening up will have a serious cooling effect.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I'm just watching Outlander Season 3 episode 5...

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    That turkey is landing in the freezer cooked and in pieces, yup. Tomorrow.

Thing is I'm a stubborn ass who doesn't like to ask for help until I have to. When I *had* to ask it was what, 2 years of depending on family to help with every dang chore out of the house. Now that I can carry 20 pounds or so home I do so. Sometimes multiple trips in one day from the same store.

I'm balking the little presents piecemeal. There's a pair of capris that I find doesn't match my wardrobe that if she wants she needs to trade or pay for, since the fit is fine for around the house. (I got them cheap at end of season- 12 bucks.) The makeup and lotion travel sizes she gets have aloe in them, which I'm allergic to. I point that out every time.

If my GP and/or oncologist tells me something nasty this month about the symptoms I'm kvetching about *that's* when I dig my heels in hard with mom. I'm confident she will back off at that point. I think now she sees it as we both have chronic conditions- her arthritis and high blood pressure, I various scarring nonsense in my chest cavity from various things and knee and back trouble. She knows I'll refuse to travel long distance to see relatives, so doesn't ask. (But still needles me to tell her she was correct to make me see grandma before she died, even though I had a 4" mass in my chest that had collapsed a lobe of my lungs. I begged doc to forbid me. He prescribed hydromorphone instead.)

I saw dad on Thursday- geez, the coughing. The waitress even asked if I needed water. Ah, no. That makes it worse. Talking makes it worse. Dad joking that he was making me talk too much. Waitress jokes that she seldom hears that. He's more worried than mom is, I think. & more civil about it.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Warrior, maybe it's time for a little talk with your mama. She needs to know that as you are ill, it is her turn to baby you and that you don't have the energy to keep her amused. Or fed. If you think you're getting sick again, maybe you could freeze some of the stuff you've been feeding her?

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Originally posted by LamBear* View Post

No kidding. Then there's the CBS moronic attorney who got fired for posting on some kind of social media (I'm not the social media sort) that she had no sympathy for those people who were shot since they're all probably Republicans just because they were at a country western concert. Mind boggling.
    That's horrifying. I hope that it is Russian disinformation and that no one really said it!

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Good point, Hap.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    commented on 's reply
    At least she'll be out of town when I bust up a turkey! & the ham I roasted and diced into casserole-worths yesterday violates her high blood pressure diet. Lovely tasty tender ham. Getting the turkey today to get it into the refrigerator to thaw.

She actually has in the past been in the habit of coming by when she knows I have a turkey in the oven, but I thought the cabbage rolls were safe- she's allergic to tomato. (She talked me into putting a yogurt sauce on three of them.)

Should I explain the whole snarl? It started when she was a fresh widow (not my father who died on her.) recently moved back to my city. Now she has a long-term boyfriend who quite keeps her busy, but there's this expectation of a trickle of presents. (& when I was being treated for Lymphoma in 2014 she quite dictated some gifts. & now those symptoms are creeping back...)

• Haplo
    replied
    Originally posted by LamBear* View Post
    No kidding. Then there's the CBS moronic attorney who got fired for posting on some kind of social media (I'm not the social media sort) that she had no sympathy for those people who were shot since they're all probably Republicans just because they were at a country western concert. Mind boggling.
    There were many on the right who had no sympathies for the shootings in Miami because it was at a gay nightclub and it's assumed that all gays are liberals. The country has gone crazy when people don't care that innocent people were killed if they're of a differing political party

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
    Mother-dear has invited herself over for supper. I made the mistake of grumbling to her in an e-mail (which also mentioned that her shampoo was here.) about how many of my household chores the past half week have been in the kitchen. Banana loaf yesterday, mead the day before, cabbage rolls today. Silly me.
    With those things on the menu, I'd be tempted to invite myself over, too!

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
    Transcribing the Highlander Rewatched Podcasts for the Highlander: American Dream comic mini-series. Whee!
    Wish you could remember your previous user name. I'm curious.

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
    This has been the electronic week from hell. USAA screwed up my credit card accounts while trying to fix ta problem caused by their computer; my computer crashed (now fixed by a good local Linux guy) ); the latest Apple download screwed up my phone (now fixed by a funny Apple Support guy - at least it was an entertaining struggle); our new Samsung DVD player won't talk to the wifi - not fixed in spite of worthless input from Samsung, sensible input from Metronet (who actually came out to the house for free!) and Netgear, which was not only worthless, but which said in very small type, "Oh, by the way, some security guy in Singapore spotted a giant gaping hole in our (your) router's security and here is a patch." No notifications, you had to go to the website and happen to notice the asterisk. Sheesh!

I've probably spent 20+ hours on tech this week. The worst was that the lady from USAA, normally awesome, chowed up by pushing the wrong icon, so that I paid one card twice and the other not at all - just as my daughter was going to take the now maxed card on a trip as an emergency card. "We're really sorry, but we can't fix this until Monday." I finally said, "We need the card today. There's a low limit on this card. Can we raise the limit, even though it's Saturday?" "Yeah!" OMG. And it could have been much worse: I just happened to have enough in my account to cover paying the expensive card twice. Had it been last month, I'd be bouncing checks all over the place.
    I hope you're not contagious now that I've clicked on here. I don't have the time or energy to spend 20+ hours with mostly non-English speaking tech people. Hope all is cleared up for you.

Originally posted by Haplo View Post
    Feeling bad for the people at the Jason Aldean concert and am mad that someone called him a coward for running off the stage. What could he accomplish by standing there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X