What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LamBear* View Post
    Hey ladies (and gents). Spent the afternoon rat-killin' (running errands) and can't get my mind back on work, so thought I'd come in here before shutting down the computer to see what was going on. Nearly lost my husband to cardiac arrest last month, but other than that, nothing new here.

Dried bird in dryer vent? Gross. Hope everyone is well.
    Always be well! I hope your husband is feeling better. May you live long together.

Comment

• Sunday evening, so I'm thinking about work tomorrow....*shudder*

Comment

• Trying not to spend too much time outside. Its HOT!!

Comment

• Hot, no sheeeiiit! On Saturday we tied the record- 36.7C. (yeah,yeah I know it's worse elsewhere, but storms=humidity.)
          It finally dropped to the mid-twenties yesterday (the forecasters are divided on how long it will last) and I did a flurry of laundry & cooking/bread. Gosh, why isn't my apartment cooling down? (/sarcasm)

When I post, I usually give school news: My latest final was a 96%, giving a final grade of 84% (on cost accounting, not the easiest course.) & Now no school until September! (A late August start is fairly normal) Skimming the textbook chapter titles: current & long-term liabilities, derivative & hybrid instruments...

Comment

• It's evening, and I'm wandering around in very little as hot and muggy here! I teach a lot, duck housework a lot, listen to narrators reading reddit posts a lot, lately...

Comment

• Feeling a little better about the prospects of retaining democracy in America after the vote in Kansas which affirmed a woman's right to choose!

Comment

• Trying not to get too excited about the raid on M.L. (nor to attract unwanted attention)

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                  Cyrus The Great commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My initial reaction was "F*** YES!" Judging by the Donald's reaction, it seems that he is afraid of what may have been found.

• dubiousbystander
                  dubiousbystander commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely, Cyrus!

• What am I doing?

Procrastinating on my 3rd quiz for my online finance class. It's 4pm. I should go log onto the school website.

Comment

• I'm sat at my desk at work wondering what happened to the weekend....

Comment

• Just finished fighting with online tax software. It's trying to insist that I'm entitled to a training credit, witch isn't on my tax assessment forms.

& mom has vollentold me to join her for supper with short notice. It's her 75th birthday, so I guess she's getting away with it. (But I thought we were doing it AFTER my Thursday final exam...)

Comment

• About to begin a big move!
                      Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• A big move to where, Andrew?

Dusting off the cobwebs and making my annual haunt here. Still alive and kicking, but not so high anymore. So far this summer, I got the Spare Heir (middle son) married off for a second time and just got back from 9 days at the beach. Sang a chorus of Margaritaville for IslandKat. 😁.

Anybody home?

WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Originally posted by LamBear* View Post
                          A big move to where, Andrew?

Anybody home?
                          Mabye he'll answer soon! In the meantime, his Dark Places continues to be grand to watch!

Comment

• At work. Bored.

Comment

• *Not* studying for my Information Systems Midterm (on Thursday), after catching up on the household chores. (I could still vacuum, but bah.)

Comment

• I've been at work since 6.45am due to a power outtage which took the network down.

Comment

• I'm returning to a board I let slip by for so many months now I can't really recall the last time I was on. So hello again all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
                                    I'm returning to a board I let slip by for so many months now I can't really recall the last time I was on. So hello again all.
                                    Hello, Ceridwen. Nice to have you back.

Comment

• Hello again!
                                      It's past midnight for me. The weather finally turned cool enough for me to bring out the winter clothes and get the warm-weather clothes ready to be packed away. Tomorrow I get my Covid booster, so I'm keeping that in mind.

Comment

• I got my jacket out of the closet last week when we had daytime highs in the 40's F. Its just over 60 today, but still wearing the jacket. Weather in Indiana can be quite unpredictable. A few years ago we had temps in the 80's in December! Some winters here we have extended periods below zero. Fun fun! :P

Comment

• It's pretty grim, wet and cold now in the UK. Come to think of it, it normally is regardless of the time of year!

Comment

• I went for a walk in my favorite park this afternoon. The temp was in the high 30's F, but my jacket, gloves and hat kept me reasonably comfortable. The sky had lots of little clouds that were nearly touching each other, looking somewhat like a bunch of little ice flows in a lake that haven't completely frozen together. I hiked for a while on a trail through the woods. Most of the leaves have fallen, so the light from the sky brightened the tree trunks and forest floor that would be deeply shaded most of the year. The park installed an ice rink last winter that was quite popular. They put it out again about a week ago. Today, I could hardly find a parking place from all the visitors who wanted to skate. I watched an older teenage boy lurching about unsteadily on the ice and thought that I would be hard pressed to do any better.

Comment

• A moment ago, I noticed that we have 51 guests visiting the Board. I haven't seen that many in a long time. I hope that some of you guests will decide to become members and liven this place up!

Comment

• 22 guests right now!

Comment

• I wonder what these guests do when they come!
                                                  I'm watching a video on the YouTube channel Briefed. The Sad Truth No One Talks About: Caligula
                                                  I tend to watch many things in succession, so I was watching Alice of Sherwood's Romeo & Juliet Is A Timeless Story. It's interesting, as she's going through many renditions.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X