No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hot is it there Saber? It has hit triple digits here already this summer
    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Saber Dog
      Saber Dog commented
      Editing a comment
      During the day is was mid-90's, which wasn't bad as I work in an office with AC. But last night it was over 80 until I got to sleep around 1:30 am and I don't have AC. The temp moderated today.

Getting a break from the heat today, so I'm plotting scratch pizza. A spinach & feta thing that's surprisingly good. Load the breadmaker for a whole wheat crust in about an hour. The recipe itself is healthy, but I've developed a habit of throwing fresh tomatoes and a generous amount of shredded cheese on the leftovers, and then broiling it.

Comment

Saber, you need an AC...

Having a bad pain day followed by a migraine. Yay...
      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

103 out there and I just got home from grocery shopping...

Comment

After the first flurry of posting, it seems this place is nearly dead...

Comment

I used to hang out on the Lost Girl FB page. I used to tell my coworkers that I hung out with militant Canadian lesbians (MCL's) and they didn't believe me. They didn't doubt there were lesbians in Canada, but they doubted any Canadian could be militant about anything. I used to tell the MCL's that the Highlander folk were still chatting loooong after the series ended. Lost Girl goes off the air and posting ended within a couple of weeks and now the visitor post section is gone. I guess we immortals take a longer term view while the CDL's got tired of telling straight American males they weren't allowed to like Lost Girl. Ah well.... There's no place like home.

Comment

Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
              After the first flurry of posting, it seems this place is nearly dead...
              I know. It's kinda disappointing.

I'm back in Colorado for a bit, enjoying the beautiful mountains.

WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

Originally posted by LamBear* View Post

I know. It's kinda disappointing.

I'm back in Colorado for a bit, enjoying the beautiful mountains.

Wave to Cheyenne mountain for me! Where are you living now?

Comment

Will do. It's so cool and crisp here this evening.

We're living in the Hill Country, about 75 miles northwest of San Antonio--100 miles west of Austin. Very peaceful and a 180 degree difference in mentality with Boulder!

Comment

• ~mj~
                    ~mj~ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can imagine! Texas is much more relaxed...we have to be in all the heat, lol!

Relaxing before bed after a day of packing and moving. Tomorrow will be more packing and moving with a break for a Fathers Day lunch somewhere
                  Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

The hour between meds and coffee is the longest hour of my life...

Comment

Relaxing after two busy days. Yesterday we went to our granddaughter's first birthday party, then to visit my FIL for Father's Day. Today was church and the sons and their families over for father's day lunch. Then playing with the granddaughters.

Comment

• ~mj~
                        ~mj~ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sounds wonderful MP!!

Sounds like some great family time, MP.

WoooHoooo Rockies!!!!!!!! (Hope I didn't just jinx them).

Comment

The dryer is running. One of the items in it is a cotton sweater I finished yesterday. I think I've calculated the shrinkage correctly, my swatch was 12" long. (To be literal about now.)

Comment

Sounds like some great family time, MP.

WoooHoooo Rockies!!!!!!!! (Hope I didn't just jinx them).
                          Go Blue Jays!

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post

Go Blue Jays!
                            LOL. ***thpftt***

Comment

LOL. ***thpftt***
                              The Jays are not very good this year. How are the Rockies doing?

Comment

Just got an e-mail that Reitman's has issued a refund for me. Why on earth do they manufacture 3x bras that don't fit a DD chest? I like their pants and tops, their jackets can even be ok, but I've really got to stop buying their bras. (& then they send me an e-mail the same hour about t-shirts with built-in bras. Their computer needs to get smarter.)

Comment

Try finding DDD...or, as one company calls them F...

Comment

• Perfect Warrior
                                    Perfect Warrior commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    In some brands I do take a DDD. But I can jiggle myself into a spandex thing at 3x. Reitman's shelf bras I can kinda do. (The things with those multiple woven spaghetti straps) But go into a 'medium' support, not that sloppy stretchy stuff, and I have to spend near a hundred bucks.
                                    (I have a suspicion I preaching to the choir here?)

Just finished applying for a job at my company for my future son-in-law. Just as I did for my daughter who just got hired, I created the resume and did the online application. At this rate, I could have my own cabal within the company loyal only to me!

Comment

I wonder if anyone hates TV as much as I do? Every channel, every reality show, every insipid commercial...I despise it. It grinds on my nerves so I want to smash the ecreen...

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post

The Jays are not very good this year. How are the Rockies doing?
                                      The Rockies are doing really well. It sure is exciting for a refreshing change. Just waiting for that inevitable slide.

Originally posted by Haplo View Post
                                      Just finished applying for a job at my company for my future son-in-law. Just as I did for my daughter who just got hired, I created the resume and did the online application. At this rate, I could have my own cabal within the company loyal only to me!
                                      Little bit of nepotism going on?

I wonder if anyone hates TV as much as I do? Every channel, every reality show, every insipid commercial...I despise it. It grinds on my nerves so I want to smash the ecreen...
                                      Do you have dvr capability? That's the only way to watch TV. Record a slew of shows, then watch them while fast forwarding thru the commercials.

I'm lying here in a motel bed, grateful to be prone after a long day of driving. We did/do have a really good David Baldacci audiobook to make the drive a lot less boring.

Comment

Felt like I was the only one…

It is INSUFFERABLE. Everything, including the news, seems grating and deliberately designed to appeal to the lowest, basest possible common denominator. Finally cut the cable around 2010 or so when I realized the TV would go two weeks without even getting switched on, though I still have a couple TVs in the house. One in the LR gets turned on now and then for movies and one in the kitchen for occasional background noise. Sometimes I might listen to Antiques Roadshow or something low key like that while I’m working in the kitchen but even that happens less and less. Lately, I find myself listening to podcasts and youtube for entertainment more than anything.

Comment

Try finding DDD...or, as one company calls them F...
                                          Double-barreled wheel barrow.

Comment

Originally posted by LamBear*
                                            Little bit of nepotism going on?
                                            I don't have any hiring authority, so no nepotism. They have to do their own interviews..I'm good but not that good

Comment

Working...
                                            X