Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LamBear*
    replied
    Taking a break from the news. The political sniping is beyond annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    I'm taking my Accounting certificate at SaskPolyTech. Mark-wise I'm in the top third of the class.

I signed on for the online version at the beginning Now everything is online. To register for the next class the offering is worded as 'lecture/theory' with the location as my city. Then there's an additional thing: "NOTE: This course will now be online. Please login to..." So I'm a bit worried that when the restrictions are lifted I'll be required to go to the location. Er, with two kinds of scarring in my lungs I'd rather not be in the early to mid lockdown liftings. (The Canadian government is now saying they're going to do it 'in stages') Hopefully the school's disability accomodation people will help if that SNAFU threatens to rear its head.

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear that. That's gotta be a drag.

• ~mj~
    commented on 's reply
    What classes are you taking? That is a high mark!

• ~mj~
    commented on 's reply
    Nah, just my regular self....no fever etc...

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    School is working just fine. 95.5% on my latest project- 5% above class average. The FInal Exam has been switched to an online 'final assessment'. I'll find out soon if I can continue on with the next class. (Actually expected the e-mail by now. I guess CPP disability is busier for 'some' reason.)

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    replied
    Played a ball tossing game while standing without a walker or anything at therapy today in order to get used to doing things involving small movements without something to lean on. Afterwards, I did some cane training in the parallel bars, which involved walking between the bars while only holding to one side. It'll be nice to be able to walk with only a cane, again, though I hope to not even need that, eventually.

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. ^_^

• LamBear*
    replied
    Originally posted by Takk View Post
    Spending my birthday isolated watching a zombie movie with some pizza.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAKK!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
    Right now I am curled up in the recliner feeling lousy...
    Hope you're feeling better today and that you aren't getting sick.

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    replied
    Spending my birthday isolated watching a zombie movie with some pizza.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Right now I am curled up in the recliner feeling lousy...

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    commented on 's reply
    Good to hear from you Lammie! Yes, those wet markets are horrible. It astounds me that in this day and age people can be so cruel and disgusting and think it is perfectly normal. It makes me want to do some human restructuring....

• LamBear*
    replied
    Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
    Waiting for the spackle to dry so I can paint.
    Aha! Someone using their "shelter in place" time constructively.

Hello everybody!!! Good to see how others are coping with this mess. We got our cruise in under the wire, Hubby got some elective surgery done (total knee replacement) just under the wire before hospitals shut that sort of thing down, and we have lots of venison in the freezer, so we got very lucky timing-wise. Also got some TP unknowingly before the hoarding madness, but that will eventually become a problem. We live out in the country, so social distancing is a given as our nearest neighbor is almost a quarter mile away. Watching the news is pretty horrific, though.

Dub, you have an interesting perspective being away from Stateside. Takk, glad you are able to continue with your pt. Hubby's pt is basically the same thing that you mentioned with spacing appointments apart so that there's not many patients there at one time and they are diligent about sanitizing. It's a whole new world out there. But I'm ready for this to be over with forever and to get back to "normal".

Has anybody seen those god-awful videos of Chinese wet markets? Totally disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    commented on 's reply
    They're only having up to two patients scheduled at the same time right now, and are wiping down everything immediately after use. Plus, most of my sessions lately have been outside, anyway, since working on getting in and out of the car on my own exercises pretty much everything (standing, walking, lifting, balance, etc), so it's a pretty minimal risk. Thanks for the concern, though!

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Waiting for the spackle to dry so I can paint.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    commented on 's reply
    Just be careful...I can't think of a better place to catch a virus than at a PT session...

• Takk
    replied
    Good news; my physical therapist called today and told me they had recieved clearance to do outpatient therapy again, so he wants to get my Monday sessions back on the schedule. Unfortunately, they are all still helping the hospital in other ways on Wednesdays, so I only get the one session per week for now, but that's still more than the zero I had this week. I'm really glad it didn't last through May, like he had said it might. Will be nice to get more walking in.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Apparently it did! I'm so glad to see you back, Coolwater!

Did you see, did you? I posted the transcripts for the Big Finish audio stories!

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    By golly, does it take a "shelter in place" order to bring me here?? How are you my sisiers and brothers?

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    I like it.

• Takk
    replied
    Decided to try walking into the kitchen to prepare some food to bake, and did so successfully. Felt nice to be in the kitchen doing stuff while standing like a normal person again. Once the food was in the oven, I walked back to my room to get back in the wheelchair before going back out to retrieve the food once it was finished cooking, mainly because I can't carry anything too far while using my walker. All in all, it was a nice little moment in contrast to most of what's been going on this past week, so I figured I'd share.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    A frequent line I post in this thread when answering literally: Bread maker is running.

Indeed I am using it right now. I hear the motor whirring as I type. Having that thing and my grandmother's recipes and her baking tins is such a blessing right now. The flour is getting down, lower than half a 10lb bin, but enough to do me a couple months at least.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I keep telling people I'll send them toilet paper. Though of course being in Japan, I can't send much or the cost'll get me. Day by day I get mails from family stateside. And then there's a Tokyo FB group I'm in where the er... discussions range from "OMG don't go out there" to "See, lots of people are out there! It's not so bad!" Now this message came from a family member lives in eastern Washington:

I slept in this morning and didn't go out until 6:45 am. I needed to decide where to get my coffee and breakfast sandwich. I stopped at a nearby gas station convenience store. ( the Starbucks are locked down drive up only)
    I had to get the cup from the attendant. I had to order a sausage egg and cheese sandwich from another attendant and he made it but he couldn't hand it to me. He had to put it in the shelf section and I picked it and went to check out counter where the attendant poured the sugar in my cup and asked me to say stop when I had enough!
    Both attendants were wearing Latex gloves. These orders for retail behavior come down from the governors office of each state and can be different from state to state and can be enforced by the national guard and local police.

I had a memory of WWII as a 9 to 12year old but people were more cheerful then. This enemy is unseen!

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Dollar days on at Sobeys right now- $3 lean hamburger, $10 for a box of stuffed burgers, lots of nice prices. But the big question that inspires Machiavellian calculation- when exactly will they be best stocked?

And school? My teacher said he would get information Friday. It's Saturday. Still nothing. (But now it's illegal to not self-isolate if you've travelled, and the crowd restriction is now 25. One of the people responsible on the health front bureaucratically has been exposed, and he says really, I'd recommend only 5. )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X