No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently it did! I'm so glad to see you back, Coolwater!

Did you see, did you? I posted the transcripts for the Big Finish audio stories!

Comment

• Good news; my physical therapist called today and told me they had recieved clearance to do outpatient therapy again, so he wants to get my Monday sessions back on the schedule. Unfortunately, they are all still helping the hospital in other ways on Wednesdays, so I only get the one session per week for now, but that's still more than the zero I had this week. I'm really glad it didn't last through May, like he had said it might. Will be nice to get more walking in.

Comment

• ~mj~
        ~mj~ commented
        Editing a comment
        Just be careful...I can't think of a better place to catch a virus than at a PT session...

• Takk
        Takk commented
        Editing a comment
        They're only having up to two patients scheduled at the same time right now, and are wiping down everything immediately after use. Plus, most of my sessions lately have been outside, anyway, since working on getting in and out of the car on my own exercises pretty much everything (standing, walking, lifting, balance, etc), so it's a pretty minimal risk. Thanks for the concern, though!

• Waiting for the spackle to dry so I can paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
        Waiting for the spackle to dry so I can paint.
        Aha! Someone using their "shelter in place" time constructively.

Hello everybody!!! Good to see how others are coping with this mess. We got our cruise in under the wire, Hubby got some elective surgery done (total knee replacement) just under the wire before hospitals shut that sort of thing down, and we have lots of venison in the freezer, so we got very lucky timing-wise. Also got some TP unknowingly before the hoarding madness, but that will eventually become a problem. We live out in the country, so social distancing is a given as our nearest neighbor is almost a quarter mile away. Watching the news is pretty horrific, though.

Dub, you have an interesting perspective being away from Stateside. Takk, glad you are able to continue with your pt. Hubby's pt is basically the same thing that you mentioned with spacing appointments apart so that there's not many patients there at one time and they are diligent about sanitizing. It's a whole new world out there. But I'm ready for this to be over with forever and to get back to "normal".

Has anybody seen those god-awful videos of Chinese wet markets? Totally disgusting.

WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• ~mj~
          ~mj~ commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to hear from you Lammie! Yes, those wet markets are horrible. It astounds me that in this day and age people can be so cruel and disgusting and think it is perfectly normal. It makes me want to do some human restructuring....

• Right now I am curled up in the recliner feeling lousy...
        Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Spending my birthday isolated watching a zombie movie with some pizza.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
            Right now I am curled up in the recliner feeling lousy...
            Hope you're feeling better today and that you aren't getting sick.

Comment

• ~mj~
              ~mj~ commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah, just my regular self....no fever etc...

• LamBear*
              LamBear* commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear that. That's gotta be a drag.

• Originally posted by Takk View Post
            Spending my birthday isolated watching a zombie movie with some pizza.
            HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAKK!!!!

Comment

• Takk
              Takk commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. ^_^

• Played a ball tossing game while standing without a walker or anything at therapy today in order to get used to doing things involving small movements without something to lean on. Afterwards, I did some cane training in the parallel bars, which involved walking between the bars while only holding to one side. It'll be nice to be able to walk with only a cane, again, though I hope to not even need that, eventually.

Comment

• School is working just fine. 95.5% on my latest project- 5% above class average. The FInal Exam has been switched to an online 'final assessment'. I'll find out soon if I can continue on with the next class. (Actually expected the e-mail by now. I guess CPP disability is busier for 'some' reason.)

Comment

• ~mj~
                ~mj~ commented
                Editing a comment
                What classes are you taking? That is a high mark!

• I'm taking my Accounting certificate at SaskPolyTech. Mark-wise I'm in the top third of the class.

I signed on for the online version at the beginning Now everything is online. To register for the next class the offering is worded as 'lecture/theory' with the location as my city. Then there's an additional thing: "NOTE: This course will now be online. Please login to..." So I'm a bit worried that when the restrictions are lifted I'll be required to go to the location. Er, with two kinds of scarring in my lungs I'd rather not be in the early to mid lockdown liftings. (The Canadian government is now saying they're going to do it 'in stages') Hopefully the school's disability accomodation people will help if that SNAFU threatens to rear its head.

Comment

• Taking a break from the news. The political sniping is beyond annoying.

Comment

• Procrastinating about going up and starting supper.

Comment

• I'm enjoying my new 50" 4K UHD Roku TV that I bought with my stimulus check. Not all of the check, mind you, just $200 of it. Well, $180 of it plus about $20 for the TV stand I had to buy for it since it didn't come with one. I got it super cheap because it was a display model at a local Best Buy my friend works at, and he told me about them taking it down (as they do every year around this time), and then scooped it up for me when I asked him to. It's insanely great. Even the upscaled stuff looks impressive.

Comment

• That is great, Takk!

I had to take my cats to the vet. Their kidneys aren't the best in their older age, and they could not eat before the blood tests this morning. The vet has a clear plastic sheet between cash register counter and the clients. Everyone waited outside, either in their cars or various spots along the road with their dogs if they had dogs. Good hand sanitizer at the door, but it's always been there as they're a vet. My kitties were very good, despite both getting blood drawn and one getting a drip.
                      Last edited by dubiousbystander; 04-21-2020, 05:51 PM. Reason: darn typos

Comment

• Takk
                        Takk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope your kitties get better. Give 'em all the snuggles.

• Just baked a batch of biscuits, then hulled and smashed a quart of strawberries - sadly, do not have access to whipped cream (or even cream to whip) right now.

Comment

• I finally used the wheat flour pancake mix I bought forever ago. Despite that it was still good. Despite THAT I still managed to burn the first batch. Had forgotten how hot the pan could get how quickly. Second batch is okay. Swished some frozen blueberries into it!

Comment

• The class I'm taking is an Accelerated class. Normal, 15 weeks. Accelerated, 9 weeks. Oops. I didn't intend to sign up for that. But it's all that's on offer.

At least I've been assured that it is completely online, no chance of changing to in person.

& the instructor :headdesk: is sounding just as frazzled as I feel. (or perhaps worse.) She has a toddler at home. (Some facebook notifications of *hers* slide into her zoom videos. About her church. As she's lecturing us about standards.)

Comment

• Took my final Math final today, and finished my final English paper for the semester. Just got my History final to take tomorrow, and then I'll have the summer off.

Comment

• Ah, yes. Time to relax now that all my finals are over.

Comment

• Just submitted my first assignment
                                Did cancer checkup bloodwork Friday

So I'm just waiting on various results here.
                                I missed a package Friday (speakers for my computer. Speakers died last month.) Door sticker says they'll retry Tuesday. I did not expect them to show while I was out- what shipping company is on time these days? (CanPar apparently.)

Comment

• Hugs, Perfect Warrior!

I received an envelope from my city. Pretty sure it's to get money.

Comment

• Hello? Anybody there? Anybody got any fun plans for the weekend, or anything fun at all coming up? I ordered some orange blossom water online in order to make some Ramos gin fizzes. That's it for the excitement here.

Comment

• My weekend is already here. I taught all day, came home, threw my clothes in the wash and took a shower. Because, you know.

I worry a lot about the craziness in the U.S. and worry about my life here. It's okay now, but the future has proven to be clouded by big question marks.

Comment

• :shrug: 90% on my MidTerm exam (I'm of half a mind to protest that one of the questions wasn't actually *taught*- just a single line in the textbook, and it was a closed book exam.)

Now I'm working on my second assignment. The last question covers the topic we're supposed to be working on from the 8th to the 13th, with the assignment due the 15th. Blasted accelerated class. Demonstrating that I know something and learning it nigh simultaneously? (Prepare a statement of cash flows using the indirect method)

Is anyone else seeing scant amounts of bananas at the grocery store? (The other stuff I see short is explainable by specials getting snapped up.)

Fun? That's getting scheduled for July & August, when I have no school. I'm being boring so far about my plans. With the festivals I might be interested in being cancelled I'm basically filling the PVR with bingable stuff, considering July 'camp' for NaNoWriMo and wondering if I might be able to get some fruit at a decent price to make homebrew with.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                                          dubiousbystander commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I might consider Camp NaNoWriMo this year. I never manage November, even though I usually start strong. Hah.
                                      Working...
                                      X