No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just looking at the NaNoWriMo site, and I don't get it. The Camp site was integrated into the main site, but the main site has been updated into something unrecognizable, and for whatever reason, I can't log in. Heck, I can't even get to a log in screen anywhere but the shop. I don't know if it's just my iPad having issues with the site design, or if the site design is genuinely that bad, but either way, it has severely damaged my interest in using it. And that's sad, because I've been a member there for well over a decade.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree that the upgrade was a downgrade. The slide started when the elementary school program got pushed hard, IMHO. (Can you imagine the present site having a 'male ejaculation thread?")

http://nanowrimo.org/forums is my bookmark.

Comment

• One of my kitties has chronic kidney disease. She's at the vet now to see if they can't help her live longer. She was in bad shape this morning.

At the vet, another anxious lady who was there with her cat had no mask, and was anxiously pressing folded tissue over her nose and mouth. So I gave her one of the spare masks that I carry. I always try to have three packaged masks for just such an occasion. Eventually I'll be out of the individually packaged ones, though.

Comment

• Takk
          Takk commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, no! I hope you get some good news with your kitty.

• dubiousbystander
          dubiousbystander commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. Hope springs eternal. This is not unexpected (I've taken care of many cats), but that doesn't make it easy.

• dubiousbystander
          dubiousbystander commented
          Editing a comment
          She's still alive! We keep intubating her. Losing weight, though. It's hard to get her to eat.

• What I'm doing = putting off writting my final exam.

The teacher gave us an extension until the middle of this month because she was behind on marking our projects. Now I've got that back the excuse is over. But the website will let me put it off until the 15th. Reread the textbook, self- mark all my homework, read my notes. I'm putting this off. *sigh* Just do it, and then it's summer vacation until August 31st.

Comment

• 90%, BTW. Witch gives me a 91.88% final grade. At least I'm being consistent. (Why won't the dang computer let me see which ones I got wrong? It tells you for the quizzes.)

Comment

• Takk
            Takk commented
            Editing a comment
            I noticed my professors do that, too, at least with online exams and quizzes. I think it's because the quizzes are mostly there to help you for the exams, and the answers to the exam are protected -- just in case.

• Perfect Warrior
            Perfect Warrior commented
            Editing a comment
            Takk: Yeah, & the midterm exam got hacked, so they'd be especially cautious. Halfway through the time that it was available the teacher posted a thing about someone managing to have it open for three days when the timer was actually three hours. A *blistering* lecture about ethics. (But I was waiting for my project mark before I wrote, hoping for some feedback about what I got wrong, before doing the final. & I just got the mark and nothing else.)

• Thinking about heading off to sleep.

Comment

• Hanging at Starbucks, playing Jurassic World Alive and losing at challenges, editing a friend's story. Yep.

Comment

• 34 Celsius right now. (According to a converter that's 93 Fahrenheit) That so thoroughly convinces me that I'm not going anywhere today. Not to go fetch my asthma meds a 20 minute walk away. Not to toss recyclables in the bin. (What, half a block?)

& very emphatically not catch the bus, with a transfer, to the other side of the city. Witch mom would like me to do. Her second-youngest brother's third wife died last month. I just attended the Zoom wake, she went down and helped sort stuff. & thus mom has a stack of t-shirts that she wants me to say yay or nay to. (Grumblebich. I'm not doing well in this heat. Thinnest sundresses in hard rotation, achy, nauseated. Don't wanna make it worse, especially for something that's not going to rot & I might not want.)

Comment

• Oh dear! Perfect Warrior, I hope it gets easier for you. Heat is such a problem.

Comment

• & now a lovely 23C (73F) out. I think it did me some good to end up with a mild chill yesterday. The temperature was fine as I did my chores, but the wind picked up hard & without sunshine. My body needing to remember that humans are warm-blooded and kick in the furnace seems to have wiped out the heat stress.

I got an unplanned haircut as well- I was reading the shop's terms on the sign and one of the stylists called to me through the half-closed and roped off front, letting me know I didn't need an appointment. Ahhh, that feels so much better. About three months overdue, and I was cutting my own bangs. My bank account is lighter that I was planning, though.

Now mom's project, still.

Comment

• Set my alarm to wake up this morning, and totally not feeling it, lol. Gotta get back on a decent schedule before school starts back up at the end of the month, though. Just two weeks left of the break. Oh, how time flies when you've got nothing to do.

Comment

• *Groan* School in three weeks, for me. I checked the website- nothing up yet besides the placeholder for my course.

Now what do I need to do before school starts? I've got my textbook, binder, pen refills, notebooks, etc. My non-school finances- I'm waiting on paperwork. Witch I've submitted. Do I need a new keyboard? My nice one died last month, and this one, witch came with this computer, is skipping letters if I go fast. Maybe I just need to get used to it.
                      Oh yeah- pick up around here. I thought I'd have my housework caught up. I didn't even do the sci-fi series binges that I thought I would- the PVR is still quite full. (Watching more Turner Classic Movies than that.)

*Groan* Getting back into the habit of starting the computer sooner. (Since it's an online course.) Yeah, that too.

tl:dr? Yeah, I'm feeling the laziness too.

Comment

• Story ideas percolate in my head! So I hope to start writing soon. Must go to the vet and get some medicine for my cat.

Comment

• Just laying in bed, listening to George Carlin, and wondering why this site hasn't worked quite right since it got hacked.

Comment

• Woke up early due to back pain, so now I'm listening to John Mulaney and browsing the net. Woo, so much fun.

Comment

• I was up early because a package was due between 8 am-8 pm. It showed up just before 2 pm, so in retrospect I didn't have to be up so early.

Orientation for online school was up on Monday, and I've done it. So yeah, woo hoo & why am I up and active for so long in the middle of a heat wave? (At least the package included 'ready-to-blend' smoothies. Frozen breakfast will be *nice* during 31 C weather. No break until Tuesday predicted.)

Comment

• I eat cold soup often.

Today I got up early for a family meeting. I'm the one who had to be on Skype. A report about a parent's condition. Kidney issues. They are just keeping us all informed, in case they have to go to the clearing at the end of the path.

Comment

• Eh, that's never good, DB. Mom called last night to say she sprained her ankle right proper at her boyfriend's cabin, and figures that's the end of her weekend trips for this summer. A 72 year old woman insisting on being a bit too active is so much better than that.

& right as I was kvetching about lack of coursework yesterday? It's up. But the website is slow as molasses so I'm reading various bulletin boards between page loads. I hope this doesn't continue once it's officially started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                                    Eh, that's never good, DB. Mom called last night to say she sprained her ankle right proper at her boyfriend's cabin, and figures that's the end of her weekend trips for this summer. A 72 year old woman insisting on being a bit too active is so much better than that.

& right as I was kvetching about lack of coursework yesterday? It's up. But the website is slow as molasses so I'm reading various bulletin boards between page loads. I hope this doesn't continue once it's officially started.
                                    Ah! At least you were entertained while waiting, though! Right?

Da's not so immediately for the clearing. Time, though, will catch up with him.

Comment

• Tomorrow's the first day of the new semester, and I'm simultaneously excited and nervous. I hope I can cope well enough with the now completely online courses. I like to go in to classes as it helps me focus, but that's not really an option this semester. Such as it is, though. Today I've got to make sure everything is working, download Microsoft Teams for the streaming courses, and pick up some groceries. After that I'll probably watch a movie and/or some Doctor Who, and enjoy one last night of gaming before that ceases to be a daily activity again. Fun fun.

Comment

• Am up with foot pain again and listening to audiobook. Cat is bugging for her wet food, she has to wait til seven...meow meow meow...
                                        Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Originally posted by Takk View Post
                                          Just laying in bed, listening to George Carlin, and wondering why this site hasn't worked quite right since it got hacked.
                                          We were hacked? How's the back?

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about school.
                                          WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
                                            Am up with foot pain again and listening to audiobook. Cat is bugging for her wet food, she has to wait til seven...meow meow meow...
                                            Ooooo. What kind of foot pain? I've had my share of that--plantar faciitis, hammer toe surgery. That stuff hurts like a sonofagun. Just one cat? How old is she now?

This year will not be missed. I want to be first in line for a Covid vaccine, right after first responders, that is. Enough of this virus already.

Got our Boulder house on the market last week. Too bad we couldn't do it 3 years ago when everything was being snapped up within hours after the For Sale sign went up, but the spare heir was living there. I will be so happy to be done with Boulder. What a bunch of moronic loons. Now, if we could just get some rain here in good ol' Texas. I love coming here to complain.

PW--hope your mom's ankle has healed, and DW, hope your parent is doing better.
                                            WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Originally posted by LamBear* View Post

We were hacked? How's the back?

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about school.
                                              Well that post was 14 days ago. Hopefully things are working okay by now!

I am, at least twice a day, force-feeding one of my kitties. She's a little older, has chronic kidney disease, anemia as a consequence, and gets daily 250 ml drips. She doesn't feel good, so she doesn't want to eat, so on and so on. Fortunately, she forgives me for it.
                                              Last edited by dubiousbystander; 08-30-2020, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• PW--hope your mom's ankle has healed
                                                Well, it's broken in two places. technically not the ankle, just above and just below. So she has a 'boot' on it, not a cast. (So she can remove it for bed and shower-time.) One of her meds that is supposed to make cancer relapse less likely is *supposed* to also strengthen bones. So much for that theory, I guess. She's considering dropping an 'anti-estrogen' med, wondering if it's contributing to her increased falls. Outright broken gets homecare covered, there's that small thread of a silver lining.

Myself? My asthma doc is still pushing the idea of a C-PAP machine. Blowing the peak flow meter I coughed myself dizzy, so maybe I do have to.

School starts tomorrow. I'm almost done the first two modules, but it formally 'starts', with a teacher to answer questions and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                                X