X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to an audiobook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post

Well, it's broken in two places. technically not the ankle, just above and just below. So she has a 'boot' on it, not a cast. (So she can remove it for bed and shower-time.) One of her meds that is supposed to make cancer relapse less likely is *supposed* to also strengthen bones. So much for that theory, I guess. She's considering dropping an 'anti-estrogen' med, wondering if it's contributing to her increased falls. Outright broken gets homecare covered, there's that small thread of a silver lining.

Myself? My asthma doc is still pushing the idea of a C-PAP machine. Blowing the peak flow meter I coughed myself dizzy, so maybe I do have to.

School starts tomorrow. I'm almost done the first two modules, but it formally 'starts', with a teacher to answer questions and stuff.
      Yikes! Hugs, hugs! I hope things get better for you two!

Comment

• Mom was by on Sunday to visit, and had her lower leg all strapped up in quite the contraption. Her spirits are good, & her neighbors helping a lot.

Myself? Schooling, schooling, schooling. They have one theory about how to detect cheating- have us do it by hand and scan or photograph it. Income Statements, Balance Sheets, attached schedules. All by hand on looseleaf and then scanned. It wasn't as bad as it seems at first glance- I do like to have a hard copy before typing it in. (But oh the white-out I used getting a nice clean copy.)

Comment

• Obsessively going through the New Watcher Chronicles CD, now that I can finally access it!

Comment

• Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
            Obsessively going through the New Watcher Chronicles CD, now that I can finally access it!
            Do share what's on there.

I'm laying down in a food coma, digesting.

Comment

• Laundry. It's what is very often happening when I'm on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post

Do share what's on there.

I'm laying down in a food coma, digesting.
                Hahah! Well, that's where the Swords post came from. There are a lot of things that seemed to have gotten lost.

Comment

• Playing around with lenses and camera equipment.
                  Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• Uploaded my latest assignment for school yesterday, made banana muffins a couple hours ago, now I'm just farting around on the computer reading.
                    Should study for major testing stuff next week. A total of 30% of my mark.

Comment

• Banana muffins sound so good. One of the things I miss the most due to the pandemic is easy access to a variety of foods. I look at other people post pictures of food online and drool. I was folding laundry.

Comment

• It's weird what's out of stock, isn't it. I can't get Italian flavored shake n'bake anywhere. My local Sobeys has got some herb & parmesan breadcrumbs in, but not quite the same, especially on chicken legs. I had to resort to Amazon for the 'free & clear' version of a laundry detergent. Summer (stone) fruit was lousy quality this year, even at the fruit stand. Only plums were decent.

I've resorted to those meal kit services a few times, those get variety in one's diet. Not cheap though, especially when the coupon ends.

But the muffins in question actually use up old crap. Mushy bananas, sour milk. They turn out fine with egg replacer instead of eggs. But it can be hard to find the wheat germ.

Oh, on topic to the thread: Washing machine is running, washing summer bedding that needs to get put away. (Using the Amazon detergent, yes.)

Comment

• Posting information from The New Watcher Chronicles!

Comment

• Catching up on the message boards. We had an unexplained Media blackout in my county and the neighboring one yesterday. No stories at all on the news why the cable, internet and phones all went down for eight to fifteen hours on a day when they ran a test of the Emergency Alert System and a day after a big political rally had the candidate yelling lock her up and incited violence in my state. Some of those accused domestic terrorists are from these two counties. Their families and friends are a bit ticked off. The power was back on for all those media outlets by this morning but still no explanations given online or on the news today as to what caused it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
                              Catching up on the message boards. We had an unexplained Media blackout in my county and the neighboring one yesterday. No stories at all on the news why the cable, internet and phones all went down for eight to fifteen hours on a day when they ran a test of the Emergency Alert System and a day after a big political rally had the candidate yelling lock her up and incited violence in my state. Some of those accused domestic terrorists are from these two counties. Their families and friends are a bit ticked off. The power was back on for all those media outlets by this morning but still no explanations given online or on the news today as to what caused it.
                              Wow! I'm glad you're posting, because that means you're okay for now, I hope. Hugs!

Comment

It's weird what's out of stock, isn't it.
                                I can't get the snack protein packs: Cheese/nuts/craisins. Haven't had them in the store for months. What the hell else is small enough - and not a Take 5 - to pack in my courier bag?

Comment

• Colleengael
                                  Colleengael commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I just use a small tupperware snack cup with a lid and fill it with my own blend of nuts and dried fruit. You could also see if your grocery store or dollar store carries Kars nuts and snack packs. They come in a variety of blends and you can buy a big bag or individual portions.

• My school is under a ransomware attack at the moment, and we've got an e-mail asking us not to log onto various certain things. That means I can't do my online schooling.
                                I'm not all that worried- they *teach* cyber security, afterall. If marks get wiped I hope they'll take my word for what I've written down in my notebooks. (Low 90s, nothing to put me on track for the award for top mark.)

Yesterday I got some pork on special, and the cuts are larger than usual. I wonder if that's the consequences of the processing plant getting a covid shutdown & clean? Animals waiting = older animals, = bigger chops and roasts? (So I have a 9 pound shoulder roast in the oven at the moment. That store usually sells them at an average of 6lbs.)

Comment

• & classes are cancelled for three more days. (They're admitting the hack publicly today.) *sigh* I wonder if we get an extension on when the quizzes are due? Next one is the 15th. Right now I'm supposed to be doing stuff about 'strategic investments'. (AKA hostile takeovers/ influence on associates through share purchases.) I *do* have the print textbook. Read ahead, I guess.

Comment

• I recently checked on the Amazon Japan Prime videos. I'm binging Chuck Season 1.

Comment

& classes are cancelled for three more days. (They're admitting the hack publicly today.) *sigh* I wonder if we get an extension on when the quizzes are due? Next one is the 15th. Right now I'm supposed to be doing stuff about 'strategic investments'. (AKA hostile takeovers/ influence on associates through share purchases.) I *do* have the print textbook. Read ahead, I guess.
                                      So weird how everything now has to adapt to online mode. I wonder if studies will be done later on about education disruption during the pandemic.

I am currently procrastinating from cleaning. What motivated the thought of cleaning is that I cannot find my glasses ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post

I am currently procrastinating from cleaning.

A fellow procrastinator. Cool.

I am currently trying to get motivated to get back to work on a Friday afternoon after driving into town earlier (32 miles each way) to run errands.
                                        WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• School's working, mostly. Assignment due dates have been pushed back by a week.

Last Sunday we had a foot of snow. The civic election was the next day. Did it hit international news at all how the voting cutoff was pushed back at the literal last hour until Friday? (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.) I can imagine certain political commentators snickering. The buses were still running way late and not connecting yesterday. Incumbent landslide, BTW. Previously defeated mayor and a previous provincial MLA trying to unseat him, snark about how the present administration handled the snowstorm, but no snark about the appropriateness of counting mail-in and Friday votes.

306 new covid cases today. A record. I hope the snowstorm throws a 'circuitbreaker'

Comment

• & school's done! :snoopydance: (I just uploaded the last answer to my last exam.)

& school doesn't know when they can register people for classes yet. They start January 11th, but the computer doesn't know who is starting what when. (Apparently it's mainly an accepting payments thing. Of course that's where ransomware hits hardest.)

I finally literally *saw* dad on Wednesday- a package swap at my door. (My birthday is on the 21st) He looks good. Haven't seen him since February, I think.

Covid-wise deaths have doubled since December 2nd. So Christmas is basically cancelled. If you don't already live with people, you can't have dinner with them. The Sobey's flyer is listing a bourbon and butter marinated turkey. Turkey sandwiches, casserole et all would be enhanced by bourbon, I'm starting to think. (Since the bird ends up in the freezer in pint containers afterwards, none fed to, or sent home with, family.) Turkey root-vegetable stew though? Chicken (sub turkey) Polynesian style I'm doubting the most.

Comment

• I live alone, but splurged this winter. I ordered a Christmas dinner from a restaurant called The Pink Cow. It ought to arrive on Christmas Eve. Roast Turkey, homemade stuffing, creamed mashed potatoes, natural gravy, cranberry sauce, chef's medley of vegetables, peas in a cream sauce, baked sweet potatoes, and a Christmas dessert box.

So there certainly is going to be an element of surprise to this one. I know (trust) that it's going to be delicious, and also keep me in food for at least a week.
                                              Last edited by dubiousbystander; 12-18-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Well, hopefully you haven't gotten to the point where I am, starting talking to myself out loud, hahaha.

Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                                                (My birthday is on the 21st)
                                                Happy belated birthday!

I've been waiting for water to boil as I make lunch.

Comment

• I paid $10 more for a turkey yesterday than I normally would. A free-range grain-fed turkey, so there's that at least for the extra money. (Not the boozed up one I was considering.) It'll be thawed by boxing day, on the lowest shelf of the fridge. Running the meal's-worth math I don't think it's cheaper than pork or hamburger. (Until now the holiday specials have been.)

Carrots, onions, parsnips in with it, I figure. No stuffing- mom's more into that than I am, and it results in less drippings for gravy.

Since I went grocery shopping on my birthday I bought a steak and some asparagus. Mom did call & sing happy birthday, but your own cooking at your own table just isn't the same as a restaurant meal. (Dad is in the habit of taking me out to a nice place for my birthday, so that's a stronger meep against covid than the usual.)

Packages sure are more gummed up than usual, eh? I've had one subscription sitting for 10 days at a sorting centre according to tracking. (UPS)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X