No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm binge-watching Bones Season 11, which I never saw before.

Comment

• Right now some calzones from a subscription kit are in the oven. (Chef's Plate) I did up their pizza dough into buns & put their filling into my favorite empanada dough.

I'm meh about how the buns turned out, so I'm starting a batch of overnight buns. When I used to make them regularly some would usually end up elephant ears in the morning. That may happen, or the dough might end up cinnamon buns. (Hey, both are bread dough with cinnamon and sugar.)

Mom & I are doing a door package exchange tomorrow- some baking might get sent with her. (anyone getting the impression I'm getting the fidgets from *not* doing Christmas baking?)

Binge watching is history channel. (That 'eating history' show is a hoot.)

Comment

• Today I found out that one digit of an address to which I sent a Christmas card was wrong, and that other cards people sent to that address have been coming back. It may be a while before mine does, so I grabbed a new card and addressed it correctly. I will go to the post office right away and send it off!

Comment

• Mom & I chiseled the rules so hard just now.

She has a key to my place, so I hear the rattle of the lock. She comes in and sits on the chair at the entrance that is there to take off shoes & the such. I pulled up a dining room chair.
          & we had a good talk- 20 minutes or so. (I wore a mask, hers was down on her chin.) We both unwrapped presents, I got a box of chocolates down and she chose two. The cinnamon buns weren't baked yet, so I sent her home with one of the calzones from yesterday.

I didn't dare hug her, though. We live on opposite sides of the river and go to different shops & all. Daily multiple deaths are pretty much the statistics these days.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
            dubiousbystander commented
            Editing a comment
            I am so sorry. Good on you for being careful! Hugs!

• Happy New Year everyone! Truly hope this year finds its way back to “normal” with vaccines going out and possibly bringing this pandemic to a stand still.

We had a couple of inches of snow New Year’s Eve here in the middle of Texas, which is extremely unusual for this part of the world. It was fun seeing it again after living many years in Colorado. The cat, fair weather critter that she is, wasn’t as thrilled.

We ate every superstitious food we could today hoping to ward off a year like 2020. My family actually lucked through the year without serious illness, but unfortunately way too many lives were affected and suffered much. Good luck to you all!
          WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Originally posted by LamBear* View Post
            We ate every superstitious food we could today hoping to ward off a year like 2020. My family actually lucked through the year without serious illness, but unfortunately way too many lives were affected and suffered much. Good luck to you all!
            In Japan, a supernatural legend revived in popularity. It's kind of neat. Found this article about the Amabie!

Comment

• Interesting article. I think I'll give it about 6 months to see if all my efforts seem to be paying off. If something disastrous happens before then, I'll know I've been had.

Comment

• Listening to vaporwave while holding a 7 month old. Puts her to sleep real quick.

Comment

• The library in my U.S. hometown set up book discussion groups that meet on Zoom. In 30 minutes starts one on the book The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise, by Julia Stuart. I was able to borrow the digital audiobook, so am happy to be able to discuss it. Good book, by the way. Emotionally driven, detailed, moves smoothly among the characters and fleshes them well.

Comment

• School is still mucked up, then I get an e-mail on my school account titled: Registration is now open!

Click through.

For a virtual 'professional development' conference. >pbbt< I want to register for my next class.
                    The full time students are registered, the GED people are registered. Why o why is the original online system the last to be allowed to start???

What I'm doing right now? Waiting on the final package from the Amazon order I ordered boxing day. It's out for delivery, according to tracking.

Comment

• Turned out the host for the book club meeting had fallen ill, but with no notifications sent out, I was very confused and wondered if something was wrong on my end. I sent him a digital get well soon card, oh that's at least pleasantly large.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	13336

Comment

• Oh. I didn't update this. School started Tuesday the 9th, after registration opened the day before.

So I'm taking auditing. In this sudden scramble to register and start I don't have my textbook yet, even though I have a couple dozen pages assigned already.

What I'm doing right now? Waiting for some stuff to cool after taking it out of the oven, so I can eat supper. Y'know those Jamie Oliver shows where he's giving recipes that are calculated to be pantry ingredients? I just did the fish pie. (Maan, *that* scratch of a thing has you standing ( & stirring, & mashing) sooo much.)

Windchill is effing crazy right now (-44C) With a -30c air temp. So I don't want to walk five blocks for groceries.

Comment

• I have discovered the writer James Baldwin. It's strange that I am so familiar with the major figures of the American Civil Rights Movement, but I had not heard of James Baldwin until a few weeks ago. James was friends with all the major players in Civil Rights like Medgar Evers, Malcolm X, and MLK. I started by watching a documentary about his life. Then, I saw a recent movie called "If Beale Street Could Talk" based on one of his novels. Most recently, I watched the documentary "I Am Not Your Negro" based on an unfinished novel. The last was narrated by Samuel L. Jackson and includes interviews with James Baldwin.

Comment

• I got a 100% on my final exam, witch gives me a mark of 93% for the class!

Weather sure has been weird lately, hasn't it. A heat record Monday (32C), then I wake up to snow on the ground yesterday.

Mom's at her boyfriend's cabin, opening it for summer season. Heavy rain is predicted for the holiday Monday, after we've been drought-dry all month.

Comment

• It's a warm, sunny time of day, after a few of rain, but not very heavy rain. I've been shopping, captured new Pokemon in Raids, toying with making another nifty mask.

Comment

• Organizing the cleaning and repair of a pool filter. Need a wet/dry vac and don't have one any more, and the friend who does is 4 states away. So wait or buy? Probably wait, I'm cheap.

Comment

• Today was long and quiet. I watched The Old Guard again, and would swear it was longer than I remembered. Hahah. I made a small mask for a student, the inside having cute cats and the outside blue with waves, and a repeating image of Amabie, a Japanese folk creature which became popularly known in 2020 because the legend is something like if you share its image, it will protect you from disease. Now I wait to teach a Zoom lesson.

Comment

• Hello. Anyone lurking? All's well here. Keep dodging Covid bullets.

Comment

• I still check regularly. My online accounting course is at the tax class. (68% for my first assignment. Hopefully I do better on the next three.) Cost accounting next.

The weather is running hot still. They're predicting 27C for Tuesday.

& we're effing Covid central now. Well, the province to the west of Saskatchewan is worse, but the daily death rate is climbing. The mayor wants to be sensible, but general health precautions are the responsibility of the province. We're at masks indoors and non-essential stuff needing vaccination proof after MUCH foot-dragging from the premier. Mom's senior's building has cancelled activities as of today. Recent increases in restrictions puts an end to her coming for a visit.

Nonetheless, we still had a scheduled fire drill two days ago. (It didn't happen last year.) Hardly anyone came out to the muster point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                                        I still check regularly. My online accounting course is at the tax class. (68% for my first assignment. Hopefully I do better on the next three.) Cost accounting next.

The weather is running hot still. They're predicting 27C for Tuesday.

& we're effing Covid central now. Well, the province to the west of Saskatchewan is worse, but the daily death rate is climbing. The mayor wants to be sensible, but general health precautions are the responsibility of the province. We're at masks indoors and non-essential stuff needing vaccination proof after MUCH foot-dragging from the premier. Mom's senior's building has cancelled activities as of today. Recent increases in restrictions puts an end to her coming for a visit.

Nonetheless, we still had a scheduled fire drill two days ago. (It didn't happen last year.) Hardly anyone came out to the muster point.
                                        I am so sorry. Wish that this were not a problem, but of course it is. Please be well, good luck to you there.

Comment

• & our laiez-faire premier has finally caught covid, amid his insistence that we don't need no sh'tinkin restrictions. (CBC's article brings up the fact that he removed his mask at a press conference to talk.)

(I was scratching my head over witch thread was best to post this in- this one seems to end best.)

The numbers I posted for previous years sure seem mild from the present Omicron point of view, don't they. (Testing is sooo screwed that they officially admit it and advise people to track hospitalizations instead. Would we have predicted in 2020 people sighing and shrugging at such an announcement?)

Comment

• To post something more positive:

Wrote my first quiz for Cost Accounting today. (Don't know the mark yet.)

(Less positive: & phone appointment with the cancer centre earned me a CT scan booking 'in one or two months' but hey, it's nothing to do with covid & maybe my chest symptom complaints will get fixed as a result.)

Comment

• Something more homey this time:

Sitting here in the study while the appliance delivery people install a new washer-dryer set. Did you know that most brands of stackable appliances won't stack with even different years of the same brand? And that thus I had to buy both when the washer went.

...But hey, I can stop using my old portable top-fill washer. Slogging laundry from the kitchen to the laundry closet to load into the dryer after it was washed got old quick.

(& they found a dried out bird in the dryer vent. Yick.)

Comment

• I am working on a Highlander fan project! And listening to the audiobook "Stories of Your Life and Others" by Ted Chiang.

Comment

• Hey ladies (and gents). Spent the afternoon rat-killin' (running errands) and can't get my mind back on work, so thought I'd come in here before shutting down the computer to see what was going on. Nearly lost my husband to cardiac arrest last month, but other than that, nothing new here.

Dried bird in dryer vent? Gross. Hope everyone is well.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X