No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'm enjoying cheap Katsudon from 7-Eleven right now, and am listening to the audiobook for Weston Ochse's SEAL Team 666.

Comment

• I just rubbed Tung oil into a butter bowl my great grandfather made. I want to stitch but am tired, so sleeping may occur...
      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Mom's a fan of a company called 'Dinner Rush' they prep, you cook. So she's taking over my kitchen in about 2 hours, in the name of my birthday. We'll see if she converts me or not. Herbed pork tenderloin in a wine sauce is what I picked out.

In the craft department, Drops (Garnstudio.com) has an advent calendar that has a new pattern each day. Most of the ones I'm interested in are crochet. Not my strong suit. So some evenings I'm sitting down with a hook and some sparkle-wrapped yarn and puzzling out something I don't do often, with the idea of giving them as ornaments. Yeah, right, I'm going to get some crochet lace blocked in time (these things are going to need a soak & pinning out.) for christmas giving.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
          dubiousbystander commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a lot of trouble with knitting. Admire you for it!

• Enjoying the balmy weather in Indiana the past few days. Its nice to be above freezing again.

Comment

• Haplo
          Haplo commented
          Editing a comment
          We reached 60 here in Ohio yesterday. It was indeed nice going to work in a t-shirt instead of a sweater and coat. It was nice while it lasted because snow is on its way

• Last year I agreed to be on an ad hoc committee. Ad hocs are supposed to be temporary, right? You do whatever the committee was formed to do, and then you disband the committee.This one was to last 6 months. Easy Peasy.

I spent a big chunk of time tonight working on ad hoc committee business!!! This committee should be dead, dead dead!
        “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
        Billy Sunday

Comment

• We got ice and then snow starting late Thursday night and continuing most of yesterday. The roads are in pretty good shape today after plowing.

Did you get a lot of snow Haplo? How about you Coolwater?

Comment

• Haplo
            Haplo commented
            Editing a comment
            Not much and all of it was powder. Snow is nothing new to Ohio but people still freak out

• I am up after three hours sleep, contemplating coffee and my stitching.
          Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• I have some lamb simmering away for stew.

When I buy lamb chops they're a frozen shoulder dropped through a slicer. Such packs have sloppy cuts on the ends, so I save those up in the freezer for awhile until there's enough for a batch of stew.

Time to crowdsource a doublecheck on my reaction to one of mom's inanities, I think. She helped me get to an appointment on the other side of town (Bus service truly SUCKS.) the same day her brother was in town. (Respirologist. He thinks my chronic cough is sinus-related.) She figures we'll have lunch with him. He's in town because of his wife's appointment, pre-op for surgery in two weeks. He finally calls- they're available for supper, not lunch, even though mom appeals to him that I'm with her and available. (I heard her end of it on the phone.) I'm already miserable, begging to go home. Four more hours and then supper is utterly unacceptable. I had not even planned to go to her apartment- what I had figured to take two hours had ended up taking four.
            The point I'm pissed about: She says she will only take me home at that time if I promise to see my aunt & uncle for supper in two weeks, the day before her surgery. Also demands that I have a certain amount of money available. I'm waffling over confronting her about this being extortion or writing it off as poor wording. (She is sometimes a manipulative petty sadist.) Perhaps I should have fled in a temper and taken the bus, protesting my suffering. I didn't.
            I don't mind seeing my aunt and uncle. Painkillers give me the shits. (Except for Dilaudid, but 1- I don't think this warrants something that strong, 2- it constipates me. 3- I can be a ripping paranoid mouthy shit on narcotics.)

Comment

• Got the results of Dreigha's MRI back and it's easier to quote her than type it all out. She's already legally fully disabled but still gets around pretty well due to her stubornness

"Just found out today that I have complete nerve damage from The L4 down. I also have for bulging disc which are the L3 L4 L5 and S1. They are going to try to put a nerve block in my back to see if that helps but if it doesn't it's back surgery again."
              Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• That sucks Haplo...I have narrowing at the L5-S1...nerve damage also. I feel her pain....

Comment

• Haplo
                  Haplo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She also has bad Diabetic Neuropathy which has left her with a little feeling in her right foot and none at all in her left. I watched a doctor poke and scrape her foot with the pointy end of a safety pen and she was oblivious. She's still allowed to drive for now but it's just a matter of time before they pull her license. She has a brace permanently attached to her left shoe to help her lift it up as she walks.

• I have nerve damage to both feet, can`t stand for more than 20 mins or so at a time. I am wondering if it is from my back, they will be checking. I have just borderline high blood sugar, it was never really high, so don`t know why they thought it was diabetes that caused it. Still have movement in both legs though thank god. Give her my best, tell her I am thinking of her....

Comment

• Feeling proud of my daughter for getting another 30 cent raise at work. I knew she would do well working with me which is why I didn't mind creating her resume and doing the application for her. She still had to interview alone of course and do the job.

Comment

• Good for her!!

Comment

• That is wonderful, Haplo!

Comment

• coffee coffee coffee.......

Comment

• sleep sleep sleep.....

Comment

• Made a cat shelter from a cardboard box and a comforter. Poor cat comes around and cries to get in our front door, and it has been below freezing here . It is scared of us and runs, but it doesn`t look skinny. I have put out food and water anyway. If I can get close enough to catch it I want to take it to the vets to see if it is healthy and if it is male or female. If male, I may try to adopt it, female I can`t, I have a very territorial 'queen' cat who barely tolerates her sister, let alone a stray....the whole situation just gives me a lump of angst in my stomach...

Comment

• I'm looking forward to the weekend and then having a few days off to recuperate from it. Our daughter is having her 21st birthday party this Saturday at a club in Columbus, OH even though she turned 21 back in November. Several of her friends and family are going so it will be a big deal. Me? I'm too old for this shit but what's a dad to do?

Comment

• Sit in the corner and nurse a beer?

Comment

• Listening to 80`s music and remembering...

Comment

• I'm listening to this, because of a retired board member, actually.

Comment

• Going back to bed...

Comment

• Self evaluation time at work again..I still say it's a trap

Comment

• My aunt had shoulder replacement surgery yesterday. In my city (Saskatoon) even though they live in Moose Jaw. Her husband is staying at mom's place on a blow-up mattress. It's funny what workman's compensation will cover- their hotel the night before the surgery for both of them, and they would have covered gas for my uncle to go back and forth (over a three hour drive.) But not for him to stay while she recovered in hospital.

She's doing fine, the one thing that might stop her from getting out tomorrow is her blood pressure. Now rehab, after she gets out of the cast & contraption they have her in. My uncle prefers to give updates by cellphone text- and my cellphone has one of those dang keyboards on the number pad, where some letters require you to tap three (or four) times fast. Makes my replies laconic.

Comment

• Having a splitting headache and vertigo...coffee coming up!

Comment

Working...
                                            X