No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to stay upright for a few hours....where is everyone lately??
    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Hibernating. obviously. January is over in three more days, then the shortest month. (Tossed my supper last night. That frozen salmon was kinda crappy quality.)

Comment

• Good golly, y'all's problems make my "arf ritic" feet seem like nothing. I'm going to go prance around the kitchen on them.
        Cyrus, three days ago there was black ice everywhere. Today it hit 50F. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 30F. It was lovely to have a break from the cold, but I'm glad the temps are dropping before the trees bloomed and then froze.
        “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
        Billy Sunday

Comment

• Yesterday I sat outside in a t-shirt for a hair cut and today the high is 35. I'm over winters. We find out on Thursday what's going on with Dreigha's oldest daughter's cancer
          Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• Coolwater, I agree with you about the trees. I hate to see new leaves get frozen too. The green from daffodil leaves is just starting to peek above ground. It seems early for them! Hope they wont bloom and then freeze.

Comment

• Oh no! It's not too bad today, but by Fri. We're supposed to have a high of 20.

Right, so generics are supposed to be the same as the proprietary drugs, but often they're not. And guess what: the generics aren't equivalent with one another, either. My pharmacist has been trying different manufacturers for the generic Singulairs and one of them is nothing more than a sugar pill. There's a big X on each pill and boy, is that appropriate! I've been wheezing and sniffling for a month.
              Billy Sunday

Comment

• Unlike Rascal Flatts, I'm prayin for Midnight. I'm just done with today. Crap all day at work and it's 10th anniversary of my dad's death. I can't even have a drink due to giving plasma tomorrow. I'd skip that but we need the money too bad. *#$&*
                Last edited by Haplo; 02-02-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Coolwater- The 'Teva' version I find works just fine for me. (I agree the brandname of Singulair is freaking expensive.)

What I'm doing right now is admitting I'm sick. Slowly climbing fever for days, nausea worsening. (I vomited *phlem* this morning.) The old saw is that if you catch it slow you get rid of it quick, right? (& the opposite too: catch a flu or cold quick, get rid of it slow.)

Comment

• Coolwater
                    Coolwater commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The like is for your naming a generic for me. How are you feeling. Warrior?

• I think I just finished unpacking, which is weird, because I still have two boxes that haven't been unpacked -- one full, the other just half full. I also still need to grab a couple of side things from my previous residence, and hang some paintings on the walls, but yeah... I think I'm pretty much unpacked.

Oh, and by the by, I moved.

Comment

• Wow, very efficient, I moved five years ago and still have a couple unopened boxes in the garage...

Right now, though, avoiding the kitchen since it's full of guys. It's like living with a pack of bears

Comment

• Resisting the urge to walk out of work and get in the car and drive until I run out of gas. It's only Tuesday and I already want to strangle customers..it's going to be a long week.

Comment

• Haplo- Most of my weapons collection was bought in such a mood. When drunken idiots 'jokingly' threatened me in the alley at midnight I even slipped the asp (collapsible police baton) into my parka pocket. The 'safety wrench' (think plastic brass knuckles disguised as a tool.) still lives in my purse. A coworker brought his shillelagh to work once. His boss promptly made him take it home.

But that's stuff one gets away with working night shift next door to a bar. Walk home to blow off steam? Hit the gym?

Cool- still sick. No fever for the past couple days, though. Yesterday the pharmacist was surprised I hadn't been on antibiotics yet, and advised going to the doctor if it's still acting up Monday.

Comment

• & it is bronchitis, & the doctor bawled me out for not coming in sooner. Stay indoors, he says. Scarf across your face if you must, even in mild weather. & I really, really have to take measures to stop coughing- the usual 'productive cough' argument doesn't apply here, given my previous lung damage. (So that gets me out of mom's boyfriend's surprize 80th birthday party tomorrow, right? Since talking is the worst offender for making me cough?)

Comment

• Warrior, would it help to move someplace with different weather?
                            Billy Sunday

Comment

• I hate travel, I hate moving, I've lived here all my life. (& remember, the worst damage is from a cancerous mass. Some 'moderate scar tissue under 5mm' was from pneumonia, yes, but the true erosive damage was from the pressure of a large mass on my lung.)

Pills are working, at least. And the weather is all mild and maybe even melty this week.

Comment

• Coolwater
                                Coolwater commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Sympathy!!

• Finished buying my ticket for my trip to San Diego then back to Utah for the next 8 months.
                              It's getting funky up in herre!

Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

Comment

• ~mj~
                                ~mj~ commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Do you think you will ever settle in one place again Stones?

• I really have to stop arguing with idiots...
                              I am contemplating a nap...this cutting back on caffeine is not a happy time...
                              Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Not if I have anything to say about it mj. I like the traveling. Meeting new people, seeing new and wondrous things. It's good for the soul.
                                It's getting funky up in herre!

Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

Comment

• I like being places and I don't mind the actual travel, but I'm not fond of getting ready to travel.
                                  Billy Sunday

Comment

• ~mj~
                                    ~mj~ commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Exactly. I also hate flying...too much hassle!

• I had to get my drivers license renewed recently. I was given the option of upgrading to the proof of identity license. Supposedly, in a few years a traveler wont be able to board a plane without one. I had to present my birth certificate, social security card, and a bank statement to the license branch. The new license has a gold star in the upper right corner.

I don't have any plans to fly anywhere any time soon. In fact, given all the hassle and long lines at the airports, I'd rather just drive if its not too far away.

Comment

• Visiting the board and warming up after shoveling the driveway once again. Is it spring yet?
                                    Last edited by Colleengael; 03-08-2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• ~mj~
                                      ~mj~ commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Depends where you live I guess...it was 97 here yesterday, 87 today...

• Had to fight through a blizzard to get to work here in Ohio. Fortunately the ground and roads are too warm for it to stick.

Comment

• We got a full foot of snow over the weekend here. Rah! Rah! for living in a condominium where building maintenance shovels the snow. They broke out the monster snowblower gadgets that fasten onto the front of a truck to just do the parking lot on Tuesday. Next door has had caterpillars going all day today (woke me up) scooping up the snow and hauling it off.

What I'm doing right now? Waiting for a package. Tracking says it was put on the delivery truck over 3 hours ago.

Comment

• Seeing if my sig pic works or not.

EDIT - It did not. I have never been able to add a picture to my signature. I use [img] HTML code. Dammit. It shows a link to the picture. Won't show the picture though. Just a link.
                                        Last edited by Mr.Slash; 03-11-2018, 01:06 PM.
                                        "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

• Went riding with friends today in the woods. It's spring here in Indiana! There are a lot of birds making nests, the trees have fat buds, the does are hanging out in herds and we saw a patch of blood root flowers! Whoot!
                                          Billy Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                          X