No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm blowing through outside (only a few inches of snow predicted), breadmaker running, pork roast in the oven. Appropriate behavior when the wind has cooled off the house and I don't want to go outside.

Mom's boyfriend had some guests yesterday who were planning on going home today. I suspect not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
      & it is bronchitis,
      Hope you are all better now. I had a hacking cough last month (allergy related) just as I was going under the knife for cataract surgery. I had talked with the doc, concerned I'd have to cough while she had a sharp instrument at my eye, but she said the Verced (?--the anesthesia) would calm the cough, but just to let her know if I felt a cough coming on so she could stop. Luckily, it turned out OK.

Just finished doing a few hours work in the office. It's better than being subjected to March Madness.

WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• X-ray on the 20th came back 'as usual'. (I guess all the old scarring makes him unwilling to say 'fine')

Mom's turning 70 next month. I found the perfect t-shirt on-line, but it's out of stock. There are silly mugs- 70 is 21 in celsius.

Next project is to get a turkey and roast it. (I really do it for the leftovers, not the day itself.) Actually, the next project should be to do my taxes. There will be a comma in the refund, so why am I dragging my feet?

Comment

• Getting ready to go grab a cup of coffee and shop for seasoning for pork chops I'm making later. *waves hi*

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
            I had to get my drivers license renewed recently. I was given the option of upgrading to the proof of identity license. Supposedly, in a few years a traveler wont be able to board a plane without one. I had to present my birth certificate, social security card, and a bank statement to the license branch. The new license has a gold star in the upper right corner.

I don't have any plans to fly anywhere any time soon. In fact, given all the hassle and long lines at the airports, I'd rather just drive if its not too far away.
            There was a notice in the paper the other day that we're obliged to get the new proof of identity licenses. The lame thing about the article is that it didn't explain how the new licenses are different from the old ones. Is it just the extra identity evidence? Or is it something scarier, like a unique identifier strip?
            “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
            Billy Sunday

Comment

• It's optional in Canada to have an 'enhanced' license that has enough passport data on it to drive through the US/Canada border checkpoint. Something like that is mandatory in the states now?

What I'm doing right now: Turkey is in the oven, breadmaker is running & I still haven't done my taxes. (Mom's out of town with her boyfriend so she isn't mooching turkey as she plotted earlier. (I shouldn't joke about mom's chiseling. She has a funeral to attend Tuesday- a cousin who died of cancer, on the 21st of March. The Catholic church refuses to bury people during holy week.))

Comment

• Originally posted by Coolwater View Post

There was a notice in the paper the other day that we're obliged to get the new proof of identity licenses. The lame thing about the article is that it didn't explain how the new licenses are different from the old ones. Is it just the extra identity evidence? Or is it something scarier, like a unique identifier strip?
                The new license looks very similar to the old one, but on the back are two different kinds of bar codes. One is vertical bars, the other is pixilated. I have no idea what is encoded.

Comment

• Great.
                  Billy Sunday

Comment

• I'm watching episode 16 of Stargate Season 7. Hm. Interesting catches going on.

Comment

• Of course I have to look up witch episode you're talking about. Oh, Death Knell. I might even have that one recorded on my PVR- it's very rewatchable, IMHO. (BTW, the last season is sort of a reboot that ruined it.)

Yesterday was go fetch groceries day. It's taking less and less to wear me out lately.

Comment

• I'm so sorry. I've now finished episode 18, Heroes, wherein we lost someone. It's a sad, sad story. I missed most of Stargate's latter seasons, so I'm looking forward to many and trying not to get spoiled. It's evening now. I've a load of wash in the laundry, my Roomba is cleaning the floors, and I'm watching episode 2 of season 1 of The Expanse.It's been in my want-to-watch queue for ages.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                          I'm so sorry. I've now finished episode 18, Heroes, wherein we lost someone. It's a sad, sad story. I missed most of Stargate's latter seasons, so I'm looking forward to many and trying not to get spoiled. It's evening now. I've a load of wash in the laundry, my Roomba is cleaning the floors, and I'm watching episode 2 of season 1 of The Expanse.It's been in my want-to-watch queue for ages.
                          That was a sad but important loss. It helped pull back the implied protection that the good guys always have in shows.
                          Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out if I've screwed up my chances to take a vacation or just shortened it by a day. I already had a week PTO approved but had to miss a day yesterday due to throwing up and such. Since I have PTO, I wasn't allowed to take yesterday off without pay so now I'm losing a day of vacation PTO and due to how vacation was scheduled I might miss two days of vacation.

Comment

• Coolwater
                              Coolwater commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Noooooooooooo!

• Aaand mom's been handed a cancer scare. The biopsy was the day before her birthday.

(& taxes sucked. They kept more than I expected- capital gains tax. What ya get for collapsing a mutual fund that was doing well.)

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                              dubiousbystander commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'm so sorry you guys are going through this.

• Hope your mom is ok PW.
                            I am taking a break from needlework to post here while waiting for my tea to cool. Still in my jammies, and I may stay that way...
                            Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Perfect Warrior
                              Perfect Warrior commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Scare has turned into reality- they're taking her left breast off. She's meeping about how fast it's happening, even though she's strongly suspected since January and put off going to the doctor a few months. Just starting to spread to the lymph nodes. I was as supportive as I could be yesterday, when she came over for a scratch-cooked birthday supper.

• I'm waiting for 6PM to get her so I can go get Breakfast. I didn't have time before work and it's been very busy since I got here

Comment

• We're totally into a Turkish series called Resurrection: Ertugrul . Sometimes the subtitles are bad (but often funny!), but it's a rip roaring tale of treachery, heroism, fine horses and lots of swordplay. Strong female characters, too.

"You are a treacher!"
                              "You cannot kill me: my blood is halal to you."

There's a guy named Turgut who is a wizard with an axe. He makes the guys on Vikings look like pikers.
                              Billy Sunday

Comment

• I went for the unabridged English audiobook of Les Mis. It's huge. Can't wait to listen to it! Have been enjoying Don Quixote, to which there is much more than I knew.

Comment

• I got impatient with Don Quixote, but the end is really good, Dubi. As for Les Mis, I've read it maybe four times. "Yes, it's that good."
                                  Billy Sunday

Comment

• Going to go scrub my kitchen floor (yep, it's 2 am) and wishing I could sleep....
                                  Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Coolwater
                                    Coolwater commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    If scrubbing helps you sleep, I'll have to try it.

• Waiting to start live chat at work so I can eat my breakfast. They frown upon eating while talking to customers..stupid call center rules

Comment

• Coolwater
                                    Coolwater commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Sayyy, was that you chewing in my ear the other day?

• Home from mom's just an hour ago. Her surgery went well, she hasn't heard yet about further treatment, but they're strongly insinuating that there will be (chemo? radiation?)

She had so many visitors dropping by. Her senior's center has decent activities, and she does the coordination for some.

After doing mom's laundry I have fresh gratitude for my in-suite machines. On the same floor, just a drag down the hall, but the first load was for towels that had been used for a mop-up of the shower putting a lot of water on the floor. Man, that had the weigh over 40 pounds.

The Canadian medical system is putting more and more of the workload on homecare. In '06 I was sent home with I.V. meds and a portable pump, '14 I had to do my own shots for some of my cancer treatment. They sent mom home with the surgical drain still in, and required her to drain the collector thing and measure it and write it down!

Comment

• That's more or less where we are. I was live-in nurse for Pina's sinus surgery. Lots of work and I'm healthier than you are, PW.
                                    Billy Sunday

Comment

• Still aching when I stand up, and I've been home for two days.

What I'm doing right now is waiting for the Avon lady. One can't order direct from the website, they assign you a representative. She doesn't have the means to do interac or a credit card, so I had to do the folderol to set up e-transfer with her. I pay for online stuff with a MasterCard all the time. Even have a card and account dedicated to e-commerce, and that's just for hobby stuff (and bras.) At least it wasn't PayPal.

Comment

• Watching our servers at work go up and down and the queue get longer and longer..good times on a Friday

Comment

Working...
                                        X