No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There HAS to be a special place in hell for people who drop chewed gum on the ground and walk away, leaving it for someone else to step in.
    WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Starting another week at work and bracing myself for Dreigha visiting her oldest daughter for a few days. I admit I don't like her being gone..it feels like I've lost an arm for a while
      Last edited by Haplo; 05-14-2018, 03:27 PM.
      Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• Coolwater
        Coolwater commented
        Editing a comment
        Good! That's better than being relieved she's gone!

• Bloodwork this afternoon, thus I'm on the computer earlier than usual.

Comment

• Working as usual. Youngest daughter had her interview today and it went well. Now it's time to do an online assessment and then 2nd interview

Comment

• May your blood only say good things, Warrior! When is the second interview, Hap?
          “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
          Billy Sunday

Comment

• Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
            May your blood only say good things, Warrior! When is the second interview, Hap?
            I haven't heard yet. Hopefully she'll find out today so I can see if I'll have to make a special trip

Comment

May your blood only say good things, Warrior! When is the second interview, Hap?
              Yup, ny oncologist is very happy with it. She also says that at this point it's statistically unlikely the fast-growing cancer will relapse. (They're's still the ugly issue of the slow-growing. I had two kinds at once, dang it.)

What I'm doing right now? I'm doing a stack of laundry. Sheets, towels, t-shirts. & I'm doing this on a +30C day. Sitting mere meters from the running dryer. Sometimes I just don't think these things through in advance.

Comment

Second interview is this Thursday at 11..so once again I'm coming in 2 hours early. On the plus side, work is giving out free ice cream on Thursday

Comment

• Haplo
                  Haplo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It went well. She had the interview with my manager and her sister's manager so surely was talked to about us. Tomorrow she should get sent for the drug test which will be the clincher. She might be 20 but doesn't do any drugs and hasn't even tried pot as far as I know.

• Procrastinating writing budget lists and inventory for school, but at least my middle school grades are done.

Comment

• Coolwater
                  Coolwater commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trees! Hi Trees!

• Grinding my teeth
                Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Coolwater
                  Coolwater commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stoppit! It hurts your head.

• Picking my insurance for the next year and hating that I need to add vision

Comment

• Hap, what happened? Warrior, I'm very glad to hear it.
                  Billy Sunday

Comment

• I'm playing hooky today. I RSVP'd the Stem Cell Transplant Reunion I would go, and I didn't. Printed out the bus route transfer map, laid out my clothes, set the alarm clock, but didn't go. I did too much Wednesday (lunch with dad and chores after a doctor's appointment) and am still sore. The luncheon and the speakers after itself I could have talked myself into, but it's an hour each way on the bus. That extra two hours was the nope point, really. It's a free lunch that includes a guest, and I couldn't get anyone to go with me, and thus hitch a ride with them. (Cancer research is a topic not a lot of people are keen to listen to, I do understand.)

Mom's appointment at the Cancer Centre is Tuesday.

Comment

• Coolwater
                      Coolwater commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If anyone would understand overdoing it, those folks should!

Hap, what happened? Warrior, I'm very glad to hear it.
                    Reaching my 40s is what happened. I'm farsighted so need reading glasses when I don't have good light

Comment

• LOL! Daughter's interview, Haplo?
                      Billy Sunday

Comment

LOL! Daughter's interview, Haplo?
                        She was hired and her first day was yesterday. Going to be rough on me and Dreigha while she's in training since we have to take her in and then go back in for my shift. Training is 8-5 and my shift is 1-midnight

Comment

• & mom's cancer is stage 3. She's getting both chemo and radiation.

I recall on the old board my F! Cancer thread was quite a downer for some people, and they avoided my posts. Should I start a 'F! mom's cancer' thread and not mention it in this thread for such people?

Comment

• Coolwater
                            Coolwater commented
                            Editing a comment
                            We're with you Warrior. Don't worry about it.

• Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                          & mom's cancer is stage 3. She's getting both chemo and radiation.

I recall on the old board my F! Cancer thread was quite a downer for some people, and they avoided my posts. Should I start a 'F! mom's cancer' thread and not mention it in this thread for such people?
                          Wherever you put it, I'll gladly shout F! Cancer. It took both my father and mother in law

Comment

• Perfect Warrior
                            Perfect Warrior commented
                            Editing a comment
                            & three of my grandparents. Funnily mom's the one who lost only one parent to the disease. Dad's the one who lost both, and he's fine, even though he's five years older than mom. (Knocks furiously on wood. He does have heart problems.)

• Scared to death it'll take Dreigha too...if Diabetes and other things don't get her fist

Comment

• And just found her aunt (her mom's sister) has cancer. Taking the whole family one by one

Comment

• Perfect Warrior
                              Perfect Warrior commented
                              Editing a comment
                              There is no hug button, so (((hug)))

Mom's getting a bone scan today. If it's spread there her odds are so effed. (So far she has a 73% chance to still be alive in five years. In bones, chance to be dead and chance to be alive change places, pretty much.) Last Thursday I found out that her doctors have my number as a contact number (Logically, I'm her only child.) they used it to try to find her to inform her of this test. Yeah, she was dropping by that afternoon. I gave her the message.

• Originally posted by Haplo View Post
                            I finally got a (minor) promotion at work. I'll now be one of the chief peons, or as they call it CSR-2. I'm still paid hourly and still on the phones but now I'll be allowed to be more independent and can officially help out less experienced agents when they have questions. It also comes with a pay raise which is nice. I've been working on this for over a year now so I'm kinda giddy..in a manly way of course.
                            Feels weird to be quoting myself..but I'm updating so say that this just now became official after 8 months.

Comment

• Mom's chemo starts tomorrow, and she wants me there. 8:30am. She has a strange opinion of my knitting skills. Apparently I can produce a PIC cover out of fingering weight yarn in a day and a half flat. 136 stitches around at the widest, 11-12" long in 2x2 rib. I think I'll have it less than half done tomorrow morning. I'll bring it with me and twiddle on it as her chemo runs.

Comment

• Perfect Warrior...how is your mom doing? Has she tried changing her diet and the PH of her body chemistry. My mom did and was in remission for several years. Then the meds and diet her heart doctor had her taking caused her body chemistry to change back and so did the cancer. Her oncologist yelled at the heart doctor for prescribing a heavy soy diet to a breast cancer patient since the soy produces extra estrogen which triggers the breast cancer to flare up. Best wishes to your mom.

Comment

• Coolwater
                                  Coolwater commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  It's bad when they don't think about the whole patient.

• The first dose was a week ago. She was there all day because the PICC line wasn't working. Put a drug into it to dissolve an assumed clot, x-rays, then finally replaced it. Every three weeks, and she wants me with her every time.
                                she's adamant about doing as much as she possibly can- she's put out about how this ruins her summer plans. Easily horribly wiped, but she's up at her boyfriend's cabin right now. The nurse at the cancer center gave her a talk that she had to 're-learn her body' (she's used to the limitations of arthritis) but it's looking like she's going to have to learn the hard way. I hope it's not too bad.

Diet? She has been put on anti-estrogen pills, and frets that her 1970's birth control and then hormone replacement after a hysterectomy could have contributed to her breast cancer. She also sometimes goes down pop-psychology rabbit holes, but that's not something I've ever encouraged in her. She has some reading material from the cancer centre on diet.

What *I'm* doing? It's finally a cool rainy day after a stretch of heat (possibly gumming up fireworks this evening (Canada day)) so I might get some baking done. & I have a document open for Camp NaNoWriMo, since July is the second month that writting dare runs.

Comment

• Colleengael
                                  Colleengael commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Good thing they got her off the estrogen pills. It helped mom. Mom also started doing Tai chi and yoga to help build up her stamina and core strength and to help with her rheumatoid arthritis. She also crocheted to keep her hands limber. She really got into making soft hats for other chemo patients. Surprisingly she was very fond of my best of Highlander baseball cap because it was a very soft cotton blend and didn't scratch her head like most denim and canvas caps do. She even wrote a letter to Davis/ Panzer suggesting they market it as cancer patient friendly.

I hope you enjoyed Canada Day. I spent the 4th at home calming the dog. Most of the family had to work or spend the day with in-laws. It was in the 90s here and very humid. The dog didn't even want to go outside and had to be dragged out to relieve himself. Remember to give yourself breaks away from your mom each day. It will help relieve the stress of helping her during her chemo. Know that I have been in the same position and am here if you need to vent or ask advice.

• Mom's chemo was cancelled yesterday because she had been vomiting earlier in the day, and so they're concerned she might be sick with something. There's irritation at the PICC site that they're swabbing and culturing, too. Can't wreck her immune system further if any of that is going on.

She was planning to take the bus back, but had her boyfriend take her back home. I'd been putting off a haircut, and finally got it done yesterday. The mind sometimes works in funny ways- did seeing mom almost bald, just a wispy cloud about her head (but nonetheless she got a proper haircut, not a buzz cut a few days before) push me to it? Mine gets too thick and sweaty when it grows out, now it's back to decent layers. If she had on her head what ended up on the salon floor mom would look better than usual.

The weather is giving us a brief break from the heat this weekend. Yesterday was hot even at noon (Usually hottest around suppertime) & the sundress-time heat is predicted to be back midweek.

Comment

Working...
                                X