No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get a day off next week. Dreigha is having a device put into her back to help with pain
    Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• Our old TV died and even though it's probably fixable, Panasonic is out of the TV biz and we can't get parts. So, I've spent the whole day hooking up the new one. No manual. Still better than chemotherapy!!
      “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
      Billy Sunday

Comment

• *wanders in a little shyly* Hi all! Long time no see. Had some computer troubles over the last year, but... Hopefully I'm on my way back. Been Missing ya'll.

*takes double look at post count...* Why did I ever have Andrew change it to that? It might have been nearly my post count, but that's embarrassing. Considering it looks like most of ya'll didn't.
        May The Winds Be With You, while I'm searchin' for my lost shaker of salt. Makin' for the Trades on the outside. Lookin' for the Southern Cross. (J.Buffett 77/74)
        "Yeah, It's all fun and games until somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
          Cyrus The Great commented
          Editing a comment
          You are the Jacob Kell of post counts!

• Hiya, Kat!
        Billy Sunday

Comment

• hey'ya Cool!
          May The Winds Be With You, while I'm searchin' for my lost shaker of salt. Makin' for the Trades on the outside. Lookin' for the Southern Cross. (J.Buffett 77/74)
          "Yeah, It's all fun and games until somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.

Comment

• Good. Webs and Z have been coming to APUK. Don't know if it's a last gasp or a resurgence, but it's nice.
            Billy Sunday

Comment

• yeah... Sort of a habit that needs reforming.

Comment

• Coolwater
                Coolwater commented
                Editing a comment
                Nuh uhhh! Willum has wandered back in, too.

• It's been awhile since I posted, but I do lurk.

Had a job interview, didn't get the job. (Pack & slice for a bakery. It would have been a nice commute to a store I shop at.)

Mom's had her 4th chemo. Something happens every dang time. Plugged PICC, canceled because of a fever, etc. She's losing weight at an unrecommended rate.

Saw dad today for lunch. He's doing fine, thank God.

Comment

• Sympathy! Between clogs and infections, PIC lines can be a bear.
                Billy Sunday

Comment

• She's managed to avoid the I-word so far. *knocks on wood furiously*

This month I've been buckling down to trying to figure out a paying side gig. My IT training is a decade old, I haven't dealt with kids in ages. Is it time to apply to McDonalds? (But they want younger people. Their online application form even assumes recent schooling.)

Comment

• Kat
                    Kat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That sucks. I know what you mean thought. *sigh*

• I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you find something that works for you soon!

I'm still translating the German Highlander TV tie-in novel. It sometime weird, sometimes hilarious, sometimes good. I'm heading to the U.S. next week to visit family in Washington State!

Comment

• Warrior, could you do catch up work on the IT training? There seem to be a lot of tech jobs out there. (and you, too, Kat. You're always fixing other folks machines for free!)

I'm doing laundry and blowing my nose a lot. Stupid goldenrod.
                    Billy Sunday

Comment

• Browsing the forums, trying to get caught up after a long absence. Cool, our sneezing/misery season won't come to the Hill Country in TX until Dec. and Jan. when the cedar pollen takes over. It's brutal.

Hello everyone. *waves cheerily*
                      WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Kat
                        Kat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        *waves back to the Q'ueen!*

• Cyrus... Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

• & Mom's chemo is DONE!!! Her boyfriend was with her this time (yesterday) and the nurses were fussing about her being allowed only ONE visitor, so I left early. She got her PICC line out when they finished, and she's happy about that. I've been putting up with her getting me to be her personal online shopper this month, so all my due-in-a-week packages are hers. She had planned to come over when I roasted turkey, but she was so sick last time she rainchequed me twice (Once with only four hours notice. I ate what I had planned anyway that time.) She's taking the word 'raincheque' seriously and intends to come over for turkey-based supper when her packages are in.

Oh, and literally right now? I have turkey stew simmering on the stove. And it's all mine. Half is going in the freezer. Mom got a care package of the turkey & gravy yesterday so I don't see how she can 'raincheque' a package of it.

Comment

• Kat, plug your ears and sing La La La. We got frost last night. Two days ago it was 80 and super humid. Today it's in the upper 40s and getting ready to pour cold rain.
                          Billy Sunday

Comment

• Trying to write a thousand words. Four hundred more to go. Shouldn't be hard, right?

Comment

• I'd forgotten the board was rebuilt..time to catch up

Comment

• Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
                                Kat, plug your ears and sing La La La. We got frost last night. Two days ago it was 80 and super humid. Today it's in the upper 40s and getting ready to pour cold rain.
                                We have frost warning here in Ohio too

Comment

• Trying to fix the mic settings on my laptop so my skype recording won't sound off when I play it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
                                    Kat, plug your ears and sing La La La. We got frost last night. Two days ago it was 80 and super humid. Today it's in the upper 40s and getting ready to pour cold rain.
                                    Lalalalalala! Got our 3rd Freeze warning this week! thhhhpt!

We also got our Halloween Lights up today. Gawds I'm achy! I'm gettin' too old for this shhh...

Comment

• Mom's collecting her 'raincheque' and her parcels today. So I have some cooking to do when I get off the computer. I was thinking baked custard for dessert, mom said chocolate, so not my tried and true recipe that I know fits into my custard dishes. I looked it up online and got a 'Better Homes & Gardens' magazine recipe.

& weather? Sensible fall weather by local standards, but we've been freezing overnight for about a month.

Comment

• Mmmmm, custard! How did it come out?

I got retested for allergies today and have fewer than I used to! (I have a lot.) Soooo awesome! I can clean mold now without misery, as long as it isn't the mold that grows on leaves!!!
                                        Billy Sunday

Comment

• And egg salad in restaurants and chicken soup from a can! They always say that allergies change over time, but I figured that with my luck, it could only get worse.
                                          Billy Sunday

Comment

• After all my worries about mom's cancer treatment she ends up being taken to the hospital in an ambulance for something completely different. She tripped on a rug (those slush mat things at the entrance to the store.), faceplanted and broke her nose. Five stitches, she said.

The custard? I've concluded that cocoa works better in cornstarch pudding, not egg pudding.

Tomorrow I'm the one getting medical tests. "PFT"- something about my old lung damage.

Comment

Working...
                                            X