No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's melting outside! After a brutal second half of winter it's melting!

Comment

• Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
      Hello people! Glad you are on the mend Lammie...I knew that was you Lumen...Er, I knew who you were. I am working on my first coffee...
      Thought about you and G as we drove through the Springs last Thursday on our way back to CO for a short visit and was wondering if you're still in San Ange....? Still knitting lots? I see you haven't broken your coffee habit. 😁

WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
        It's melting outside! After a brutal second half of winter it's melting!
        Spring is almost here! 😎🌷🌸🌻🌺🌼

Comment

• Originally posted by LamBear* View Post
          Thought about you and G as we drove through the Springs last Thursday on our way back to CO for a short visit and was wondering if you're still in San Ange....? Still knitting lots? I see you haven't broken your coffee habit. 😁

No,coffee love is going strong. G and I are in San Angelo for the duration I guess, who can afford to move?Er...I don't knit Lammie, I cross stitch.
          Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Ah, of course. Coffee and cross stitch. Sorry about that. I'm old. We're only a couple of hours, maybe, away from you in Harper. We still have our place in CO, but I am looking forward to getting back to our little piece of heaven in TX in a couple of days. Nice seeing the grandkids, but...

Comment

• Sigh. I gave up coffee except for asthma attacks. I miss it, but when I have some for wheezing, it tastes so good and it works like lightning! Almost makes me want to go sniff some mold!

I had my nose mended and am almost to the point of being able to breath most of the time. Yay! As surgeries go, it wasn't the worst, but I don't want to do it again! (Twice is plenty!) so I'm off to buy a lady's lacrosse helmet. It's the only helmet I can find that works for horse riding, while defending against concussion and keeping my snoot safe. I fear that the horses will laugh at me.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-03-27 13:06:55.png
Views:	248
Size:	468.1 KB
ID:	8623
              “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
              Billy Sunday

Comment

• Coolwater commented
                    Today, 06:34 PM
                    Did they figure t out? Or just add you to the multiplying millions assigned to CPAP?
                The in-hospital thing was last Tuesday night/ wednesday morning. They're willing to prescribe me a CPAP, but the way my legs started spasmodicly twitching when they put the mask on me (after monitoring me for a awhile without it) and how how was spitting a funny colour in the morning (Still a bit pink now) I'd like to talk to my respirologist first. They wired me up full body, and a camera above me, so there's scads of data.

Comment

• Wow! I'm glad they're not just being completely reflexive about it.
                  Billy Sunday

Comment

• Whoa, PW, that doesn't sound good. Don't CPAPs just blow O2 up your nose? Hope the data can sort through all that. Good luck.

That's some kind of helmet, Cool. Maybe a sugar bribe will keep the horses from laughing, but I think it looks snazzy. Hope the nose fix is a total success. Breathing is important.

"How is your back recovering, Lammy? And I love your sigs, BTW."

The back is doing remarkably well, and therefore so am I, especially since I met the surgeon only once before he took a knife to my spine. Trust and crossed fingers. Thanks for asking. As for the sigs, I figure anything that makes me laugh is bound to make someone else laugh.

Comment

• Agreed. I had a trying evening yesterday; not awful, just really irritating. Laughter helps a lot.
                      I'm gad you're ambulatory again.
                      I think the horses are going to laugh. I'm going to be riding a Paso Fino pony on Saturday that will make me look like a snow man on a donkey, so maybe the helmet will distract from the size mismatch?
                      Billy Sunday

Comment

• I'm procrastinating entering grades into the gradebook program because I just found my password for this site for the first time in at least a year I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtisticTrees View Post
                          I'm procrastinating entering grades into the gradebook program because I just found my password for this site for the first time in at least a year I think.
                          Welcome back! I am between lessons right now. I made myself some lunch. Been listening to the audiobook for Percy Jackson: Son of Neptune.

Comment

• Hello! It has been storming and storming and every so often we hide in the cellar. The dogs hate being carried down the steps, but they get a lovely greasy bone to chew at the bottom, so they're learning to like it a little better.
                            How is everyone?
                            Billy Sunday

Comment

• Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
                              Sigh. I gave up coffee except for asthma attacks. I miss it, but when I have some for wheezing, it tastes so good and it works like lightning! Almost makes me want to go sniff some mold!

I had my nose mended and am almost to the point of being able to breath most of the time. Yay! As surgeries go, it wasn't the worst, but I don't want to do it again! (Twice is plenty!) so I'm off to buy a lady's lacrosse helmet. It's the only helmet I can find that works for horse riding, while defending against concussion and keeping my snoot safe. I fear that the horses will laugh at me.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-03-27 13:06:55.png
Views:	248
Size:	468.1 KB
ID:	8623
                              I think that Lacross helmet really looks nice, though. I'm fine in Japan. It decided to rain a lot here. It got cold, too. I feel like it's been raining for more than a day. The storm windows are closed on the cat room. So far no sign of the roof leaking, knock on wood!

Comment

• Had a dream about a former member last night (totally weird, naturally), so I thought I'd best check in. We've had lots of rain here, too. The grass/weeds/wildflowers are almost as tall as the antelope.

How was the pony ride, Cool? No disrespectful laughter from the four-legged beasts I trust. I agree with dubious, the helmet looks nice.

Hey, Trees! Glad you remembered your password.

Comment

• Have you ever just been working, running around day to day, and then realize that it's been 9 or 10 months since you last checked the Highlander board? That's what I'm doing, realizing that I've let real life take up entirely too much of my time lately

Comment

• Yes.

Glad you took a break from real life, C.

Comment

• Just drifting through here feeling nostalgic for the old HLBB...
                                      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• I'm working on a cover letter for a job I'm applying for. Fun stuff!

Comment

• What kind of job?

Comment

• Trying to do a bit of housework and have a migraine at the same time.

Comment

• LamBear*
                                              LamBear* commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              No fun on either count.

• ~mj~, could your back be responsible for the migraines? What did they say about your back, anyway?

Doobie, how can you say you can't make plans when you just got back from Japan? Was it fun?

Lam, I'm so glad about your back! My nose is awesome: I hadn't realized how hard it was to breath until it was easy again. No, nobody laughed about the helmet (much too polite ), but three hours on a staccato wind-up toy with no shocks in her joints was not fun for either of us. Pasos are supposed to be very smooth and I can usually ride trails for six hours on other horses with no real misery the next day, but this! Never again!
                                            This is the natural gait of the breed; they're born doing this. Then when they are excited and you collect them, instead of slowing down, they step shorter.
                                            Billy Sunday

Comment

• A member of my extended family passed away. We weren't particularly close, though that person was always good and made joy in life. I don't know if I'll be asked to attend the services.

Comment

Doobie, how can you say you can't make plans when you just got back from Japan? Was it fun?
                                                Me? Actually, I live in Japan. It is fun most of the time! Still have to work for a living, of course.

Comment

~mj~, could your back be responsible for the migraines? What did they say about your back, anyway?
                                                  I have a problem in my sacroilliac joint, it snaps in and out of place too easily. The tendon in the joint is inflamed. I am going to have cortisone shots, if that doesn't work, maybe surgery to fuse the joint...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X