No announcement yet.

What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well gee, I came here a few weeks ago and it looked like the board was gone--I kept getting error messages, so I figured it was goodbye. Then today, while I'm sitting here at my desk going through several days of mail that has piled up because I've been too lazy to tackle it, I turn around to my computer screen and TA-DA the Highlander main page has appeared by some mysterious means. Very, very weird. Obviously, a sign I needed to check in.

Hap, congrats on the weddings in the family. PW, glad to hear things are sounding better. Takk, happy new living arrangements. MJ, sorry to hear you're in pain. I feel for you. I feel so fortunate that my back is no longer killing me. Hi Cool! How's it going? James654, hello and welcome, and most of my posts here involve me avoiding office work. Ceridwen, laundry NEVER ends. Dub, be careful out there. Glad you didn't hurt yourself in your fall. I know it's been a month, but, hey, I'm trying to get caught up.

The Kurgen (!) is on Emergence.
    WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Welcome back Lammy...I guess I am not here often enough to notice the board being down...? What is with the office work? I could swear you had said you were retired...?
      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Dreaming of retiring. Since we have our own company and our office is about 30 paces from the house, it's not like I'm an 8-5'er. I pretty much set my own hours and pace. (Not a bad deal). But the work is still there and inescapable. Are things cooler out there for you in San Ang?

Comment

• What kind of company? At least you are at home, that's good!
          It has cooled down a bit for the last week, but it is giving 95 for Monday. I shouldn't complain, that is better than 105...
          Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Economics Midterm Monday. I should be cramming. I'm doing good so far, though. 88% average on my quizes. (Statistics not so much- 55% on the first midterm.)

What I'm doing *right now?*- Turkey stew simmering, laundry running and puttering at the computer.

Comment

• Waiting for my occupational therapist to arrive so that the day can begin. Been in this hospital for over a month, and now that I'm into my final week before discharge. everything seems to be going by more and more slowly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Takk View Post
                Waiting for my occupational therapist to arrive so that the day can begin. Been in this hospital for over a month, and now that I'm into my final week before discharge. everything seems to be going by more and more slowly.
                What happened Takk? I feel like I missed something...

Comment

• Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post

What happened Takk? I feel like I missed something...
                  I had an excruciating pain in my right leg that brought me into the ER and prompted an MRI which revealed a herniated disc. The surgeon on call ordered back surgery for the next day, and when he cut into me he saw that the herniated disc had completely calcified, prompting him to change the procedure from simply cleaning it out to actually cutting away some of my bone to create a space for my nerves, which were being completely pinched off. The result was a surgery that took almost twice as long as intended, leaving me with temporary paralysis across the entire body.

After the first few days, I regained control of my arms and hands, but the legs have yet to fully recover. I've been on an intensive inpatient rehabilitation floor for the past few weeks, trying to reteach my nerves how to make me walk (amongst other things), but the quads are having a lot of trouble reactivating, and the right leg in particular is recovering exceptionally slow. As such, I'm currently wheelchair bound, but I've reached a point where I can do everything essential to life independently, so they're setting me up with my own wheelchair and discharging me next week.

I'll then be attending outpatient physical therapy to continue my path towards walking again.

Comment

• OMG!!! That is awful Takk!! I am so so sorry!! Are you living on your own??

Comment

• Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
                      OMG!!! That is awful Takk!! I am so so sorry!! Are you living on your own??
                      I have a private room in an apartment with a couple other guys, so yes and no. I'm sure they would be willing to help if I really need someone to do something, but I'm not reliant on them in any way.

Comment

• I'm once agin waiting for my therapist so the day can begin. Today should be my last full day here. I'm going to do some evaluations of essential life skills with my therapists, which should all go fine, and then get measured for a custom wheelchair and given a loaner stock model for the time being. My brother is picking up the necessary items for my apartment, and dropping of my car here so we can practice getting in and out of it, as it sits a bit lower than the hospital car I was trained on. Seems like it'll be a full day, but that's okay because tomorrow I'll be sleeping in my own bed.

Comment

• Wishing I was home instead of at work. My jaw and ear are still taking turns hurting. At least I can go to the doctor tomorrow and get checked out and hopefully get some antibiotics
                          Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• Trying to settle into my new home. I feel so weird needing a wheelchair for everything, but at least I can do it all. Here's hoping the comfort of a normal bed will put me at ease.

Comment

• Best of luck to you Takk, I hope your rehab goes well!

Comment

• Right now I am sitting here thanking the heavens I can walk, thinking of Takk and counting my blessings.

Comment

• Got a call from my hospital physical therapist today to confirm my address for the custom wheelchair. Not sure how soon it'll be here, but that call was either a good sign of it coming soon, or a bad sign that the paperwork hadn't been filed properly, yet. Such as it is. I'm now just sitting here waiting for my theater class to start. I need to talk to my teacher about how to go about my final project.

Comment

• I'm procrastinating. I need to write a few papers for school, but as school's off this week for thanksgiving, I've been doing little to achieve such. I really should get them done, though.

Comment

• All but one paper is done, but it should be finished tonight. This semester looks like it's actually going to be well graded, all things considered. It's almost hard to believe as after the surgery, I was fully prepared to take several failing grades, as dropping out wasn't a real option for me, but now it looks like I won't have any. Still got a lot to do for my American Literature class, but I should be able to breeze through most of that to at least pull the C grade I need in it for my major, so yeah. So many things went wrong this year, but I refuse to let my education be one of them.

Comment

• OMG, Takk!! I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. Glad you are out of the hospital, but really sorry to hear about the rest of it. Incredibly, I had the exact same surgery last December--herniated disc, calcified and attached to the sciatic nerve, cleaned out calcified bone in the spine, etc. etc. Only without the paralysis. My surgeon wouldn't touch the nerve for that reason and just was able to clean out the bone. Yikes. I got lucky. And I'm probably 3-4 times older than you. I sincerely hope your recovery goes well and those nerves can be re-taught everything. Very good on being able to continue with your classes. That can't be easy. If I had a burrito, I'd give it to you.

Comment

• Takk
                                          Takk commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I can't imagine you're THAT much older than me. I may just be a freshman in college, but I'm 33 years old, and I'm sure you're not 99-132. I mean, we all like Highlander, but most of us don't live it. ;p

• LamBear*
                                          LamBear* commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I do jest, although when I first joined the board I claimed I was a contemporary of Methos. Also in jest. I am one of the older members here.

• Translating while hanging at Starbucks!

Comment

• Just finished my second to last final for the semester and waiting for my brother to be finished with his meeting so he can take me home. One more final, and about twenty little comments to make online and I'll be done for the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Takk View Post
                                            Just finished my second to last final for the semester and waiting for my brother to be finished with his meeting so he can take me home. One more final, and about twenty little comments to make online and I'll be done for the year.
                                            I hope all goes well! Nice!

Comment

• My last final is Friday.

What I'm doing right now, besides delaying cramming by reading various stuff on my compy? Wondering if a package is going to arrive today. Tracking doesn't acknowledge it's in the city, but also says it'll be delivered within 2.5 hours. Kinda keeps me from rewatching a 40 minute lecture video. (Just because I can't get where a textbook exercise arrived at a certain number. I know the lecturer demoed it.)

Comment

• Laying down, resting my back and waiting for a package to arrive. I decided to treat myself with a Christmas gift since I managed to pull two A's, a B, and a D out of my graded classes this semester, even though I was in the hospital for the better part of two months. During the first couple of weeks after my surgery, I came to accept that I would likely fail most of my classes, so the fact that I failed none of them made me quite happy. Granted the D was in a class for my major, meaning that it didn't cover my major requirement of a C grade, but there's another class I can take for that particular requirement, so I'm content to leave the credits I earned there to fill an elective spot instead.

Comment

• Getting ready to go see "Rise of Skywalker."
                                                  Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Working...
                                                  X