Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Economics Midterm Monday. I should be cramming. I'm doing good so far, though. 88% average on my quizes. (Statistics not so much- 55% on the first midterm.)

What I'm doing *right now?*- Turkey stew simmering, laundry running and puttering at the computer.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    What kind of company? At least you are at home, that's good!
    It has cooled down a bit for the last week, but it is giving 95 for Monday. I shouldn't complain, that is better than 105...

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Dreaming of retiring. Since we have our own company and our office is about 30 paces from the house, it's not like I'm an 8-5'er. I pretty much set my own hours and pace. (Not a bad deal). But the work is still there and inescapable. Are things cooler out there for you in San Ang?

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Welcome back Lammy...I guess I am not here often enough to notice the board being down...? What is with the office work? I could swear you had said you were retired...?

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Well gee, I came here a few weeks ago and it looked like the board was gone--I kept getting error messages, so I figured it was goodbye. Then today, while I'm sitting here at my desk going through several days of mail that has piled up because I've been too lazy to tackle it, I turn around to my computer screen and TA-DA the Highlander main page has appeared by some mysterious means. Very, very weird. Obviously, a sign I needed to check in.

Hap, congrats on the weddings in the family. PW, glad to hear things are sounding better. Takk, happy new living arrangements. MJ, sorry to hear you're in pain. I feel for you. I feel so fortunate that my back is no longer killing me. Hi Cool! How's it going? James654, hello and welcome, and most of my posts here involve me avoiding office work. Ceridwen, laundry NEVER ends. Dub, be careful out there. Glad you didn't hurt yourself in your fall. I know it's been a month, but, hey, I'm trying to get caught up.

The Kurgen (!) is on Emergence.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    God I need to vent and my BFF is in Nova Scotia. So is the good beer...

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post

Congrats Haplo and Dreigha! I actually thought you were married.
    Never legally but we've lived together for 14 years now. It still won't be legally binding..her health problems would drown us in debt if I had to cover her on my insurance and pay for medicines and doctors.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Just going to haul my carcass out of the recliner so I can take pills and go to bed. I am really fed up with my back, hip, SI joint, the whole kit and caboodle...

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Originally posted by Haplo View Post
    Just checking the boards after a long time. Also preparing for our daughter's wedding this weekend and looking forward to mine and Dreigha's wedding next Summer. After 15 years together, I figured it's time for a public ceremony
    Congrats Haplo and Dreigha! I actually thought you were married.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Just checking the boards after a long time. Also preparing for our daughter's wedding this weekend and looking forward to mine and Dreigha's wedding next Summer. After 15 years together, I figured it's time for a public ceremony

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Watching B5 and having heartburn

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    My printer ran out of color ink, so I went to the store and replaced it (and got 10 yen off for turning in the old cartridge). Came home, set up new cartridge, only to have the black ink run out. I really ought to have seen that coming. Heh.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Laundry

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Well, I'm learning to be an Accountant in the Business division of the school. I'm starting to figure they're giving me a bonus lesson on what not to do with a business that provides online content. (Now a fancy specialized calculator didn't come with the textbook, and all of my classmates & I are having trouble booking our exams.)

But hey, got the textbook yesterday. Now to cram-read 62 pages in 10pt text for the quiz due Saturday.

Health, at least, seems to be holding. (*knock on wood*) Mammogram came back unchanged, and my respirologist says my lungs are clear. (But still *hackhack* from the old scaring.)

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    Jeez. Don't you love it?

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Playing e-mail tag between my school and my disability pension sponsor about a textbook. A textbook I need to do anything more on the class in question. A class that has it's first quiz on the 14th.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I managed to take a fall and, by some miracle, did not break anything but it was close on one finger.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Reassuring the dog after we got hit with a quick and dirty thunder storm.

Leave a comment:

• James654
    replied
    Doing work in my office.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I am listening to Highlander Rewatched podcast about Duende! It's good, but I don't think they ever say Consone's first name correctly! It's a pleasure!

Stream 5-14 Duende by Highlander Rewatched from desktop or your mobile device

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Delaying the inevitable, just like mj.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Listening to No Doubt and putting off cleaning in the bedroom...

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    commented on 's reply
    Ha ha...I wish that was how I put it out, I actually did it cleaning. Do they make a butt brace?

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Summer vacation has rounded off. I stayed up too late and am just going to have to plow through classes today! Mostly kindergartners, then later an enthusiastic adult, so that ought to be fine. Then that darned one-hour window for Pokemon Go.

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    replied
    I'm bored and tired, sitting around waiting for my next class. I have a 3 hour gap between classes on Tuesday and Thursday, which I usually fill with reading assignments and homework, but I'm all caught up with what I can do here, so I'm just waiting,.. and waiting... and trying not to fall asleep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X