Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Mom's chemo starts tomorrow, and she wants me there. 8:30am. She has a strange opinion of my knitting skills. Apparently I can produce a PIC cover out of fingering weight yarn in a day and a half flat. 136 stitches around at the widest, 11-12" long in 2x2 rib. I think I'll have it less than half done tomorrow morning. I'll bring it with me and twiddle on it as her chemo runs.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Originally posted by Haplo View Post
    I finally got a (minor) promotion at work. I'll now be one of the chief peons, or as they call it CSR-2. I'm still paid hourly and still on the phones but now I'll be allowed to be more independent and can officially help out less experienced agents when they have questions. It also comes with a pay raise which is nice. I've been working on this for over a year now so I'm kinda giddy..in a manly way of course.
    Feels weird to be quoting myself..but I'm updating so say that this just now became official after 8 months.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    commented on 's reply
    There is no hug button, so (((hug)))

Mom's getting a bone scan today. If it's spread there her odds are so effed. (So far she has a 73% chance to still be alive in five years. In bones, chance to be dead and chance to be alive change places, pretty much.) Last Thursday I found out that her doctors have my number as a contact number (Logically, I'm her only child.) they used it to try to find her to inform her of this test. Yeah, she was dropping by that afternoon. I gave her the message.

• Haplo
    replied
    And just found her aunt (her mom's sister) has cancer. Taking the whole family one by one

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Scared to death it'll take Dreigha too...if Diabetes and other things don't get her fist

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    commented on 's reply
    & three of my grandparents. Funnily mom's the one who lost only one parent to the disease. Dad's the one who lost both, and he's fine, even though he's five years older than mom. (Knocks furiously on wood. He does have heart problems.)

• Haplo
    replied
    Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
    & mom's cancer is stage 3. She's getting both chemo and radiation.

I recall on the old board my F! Cancer thread was quite a downer for some people, and they avoided my posts. Should I start a 'F! mom's cancer' thread and not mention it in this thread for such people?
    Wherever you put it, I'll gladly shout F! Cancer. It took both my father and mother in law

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    & mom's cancer is stage 3. She's getting both chemo and radiation.

I recall on the old board my F! Cancer thread was quite a downer for some people, and they avoided my posts. Should I start a 'F! mom's cancer' thread and not mention it in this thread for such people?

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
    LOL! Daughter's interview, Haplo?
    She was hired and her first day was yesterday. Going to be rough on me and Dreigha while she's in training since we have to take her in and then go back in for my shift. Training is 8-5 and my shift is 1-midnight

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    LOL! Daughter's interview, Haplo?

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    If anyone would understand overdoing it, those folks should!

• Haplo
    replied
    Hap, what happened? Warrior, I'm very glad to hear it.
    Reaching my 40s is what happened. I'm farsighted so need reading glasses when I don't have good light

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    I'm playing hooky today. I RSVP'd the Stem Cell Transplant Reunion I would go, and I didn't. Printed out the bus route transfer map, laid out my clothes, set the alarm clock, but didn't go. I did too much Wednesday (lunch with dad and chores after a doctor's appointment) and am still sore. The luncheon and the speakers after itself I could have talked myself into, but it's an hour each way on the bus. That extra two hours was the nope point, really. It's a free lunch that includes a guest, and I couldn't get anyone to go with me, and thus hitch a ride with them. (Cancer research is a topic not a lot of people are keen to listen to, I do understand.)

Mom's appointment at the Cancer Centre is Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Hap, what happened? Warrior, I'm very glad to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    Trees! Hi Trees!

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    Stoppit! It hurts your head.

• Haplo
    replied
    Picking my insurance for the next year and hating that I need to add vision

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Grinding my teeth

Leave a comment:

• ArtisticTrees
    replied
    Procrastinating writing budget lists and inventory for school, but at least my middle school grades are done.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    commented on 's reply
    It went well. She had the interview with my manager and her sister's manager so surely was talked to about us. Tomorrow she should get sent for the drug test which will be the clincher. She might be 20 but doesn't do any drugs and hasn't even tried pot as far as I know.

• Haplo
    replied
    May your blood only say good things, Warrior! When is the second interview, Hap?
    Second interview is this Thursday at 11..so once again I'm coming in 2 hours early. On the plus side, work is giving out free ice cream on Thursday

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    May your blood only say good things, Warrior! When is the second interview, Hap?
    Yup, ny oncologist is very happy with it. She also says that at this point it's statistically unlikely the fast-growing cancer will relapse. (They're's still the ugly issue of the slow-growing. I had two kinds at once, dang it.)

What I'm doing right now? I'm doing a stack of laundry. Sheets, towels, t-shirts. & I'm doing this on a +30C day. Sitting mere meters from the running dryer. Sometimes I just don't think these things through in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    I haven't heard yet. Hopefully she'll find out today so I can see if I'll have to make a special trip

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    Good! That's better than being relieved she's gone!
Working...
X