That is wonderful, Haplo!

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Good for her!!

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Feeling proud of my daughter for getting another 30 cent raise at work. I knew she would do well working with me which is why I didn't mind creating her resume and doing the application for her. She still had to interview alone of course and do the job.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    I have nerve damage to both feet, can`t stand for more than 20 mins or so at a time. I am wondering if it is from my back, they will be checking. I have just borderline high blood sugar, it was never really high, so don`t know why they thought it was diabetes that caused it. Still have movement in both legs though thank god. Give her my best, tell her I am thinking of her....

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    commented on 's reply
    She also has bad Diabetic Neuropathy which has left her with a little feeling in her right foot and none at all in her left. I watched a doctor poke and scrape her foot with the pointy end of a safety pen and she was oblivious. She's still allowed to drive for now but it's just a matter of time before they pull her license. She has a brace permanently attached to her left shoe to help her lift it up as she walks.

• ~mj~
    replied
    That sucks Haplo...I have narrowing at the L5-S1...nerve damage also. I feel her pain....

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Got the results of Dreigha's MRI back and it's easier to quote her than type it all out. She's already legally fully disabled but still gets around pretty well due to her stubornness

"Just found out today that I have complete nerve damage from The L4 down. I also have for bulging disc which are the L3 L4 L5 and S1. They are going to try to put a nerve block in my back to see if that helps but if it doesn't it's back surgery again."

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    commented on 's reply
    Not much and all of it was powder. Snow is nothing new to Ohio but people still freak out

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    I have some lamb simmering away for stew.

When I buy lamb chops they're a frozen shoulder dropped through a slicer. Such packs have sloppy cuts on the ends, so I save those up in the freezer for awhile until there's enough for a batch of stew.

Time to crowdsource a doublecheck on my reaction to one of mom's inanities, I think. She helped me get to an appointment on the other side of town (Bus service truly SUCKS.) the same day her brother was in town. (Respirologist. He thinks my chronic cough is sinus-related.) She figures we'll have lunch with him. He's in town because of his wife's appointment, pre-op for surgery in two weeks. He finally calls- they're available for supper, not lunch, even though mom appeals to him that I'm with her and available. (I heard her end of it on the phone.) I'm already miserable, begging to go home. Four more hours and then supper is utterly unacceptable. I had not even planned to go to her apartment- what I had figured to take two hours had ended up taking four.
    The point I'm pissed about: She says she will only take me home at that time if I promise to see my aunt & uncle for supper in two weeks, the day before her surgery. Also demands that I have a certain amount of money available. I'm waffling over confronting her about this being extortion or writing it off as poor wording. (She is sometimes a manipulative petty sadist.) Perhaps I should have fled in a temper and taken the bus, protesting my suffering. I didn't.
    I don't mind seeing my aunt and uncle. Painkillers give me the shits. (Except for Dilaudid, but 1- I don't think this warrants something that strong, 2- it constipates me. 3- I can be a ripping paranoid mouthy shit on narcotics.)

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    I am up after three hours sleep, contemplating coffee and my stitching.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    We got ice and then snow starting late Thursday night and continuing most of yesterday. The roads are in pretty good shape today after plowing.

Did you get a lot of snow Haplo? How about you Coolwater?

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Last year I agreed to be on an ad hoc committee. Ad hocs are supposed to be temporary, right? You do whatever the committee was formed to do, and then you disband the committee.This one was to last 6 months. Easy Peasy.

I spent a big chunk of time tonight working on ad hoc committee business!!! This committee should be dead, dead dead!

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    commented on 's reply
    We reached 60 here in Ohio yesterday. It was indeed nice going to work in a t-shirt instead of a sweater and coat. It was nice while it lasted because snow is on its way

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    Enjoying the balmy weather in Indiana the past few days. Its nice to be above freezing again.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    I have a lot of trouble with knitting. Admire you for it!

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Mom's a fan of a company called 'Dinner Rush' they prep, you cook. So she's taking over my kitchen in about 2 hours, in the name of my birthday. We'll see if she converts me or not. Herbed pork tenderloin in a wine sauce is what I picked out.

In the craft department, Drops (Garnstudio.com) has an advent calendar that has a new pattern each day. Most of the ones I'm interested in are crochet. Not my strong suit. So some evenings I'm sitting down with a hook and some sparkle-wrapped yarn and puzzling out something I don't do often, with the idea of giving them as ornaments. Yeah, right, I'm going to get some crochet lace blocked in time (these things are going to need a soak & pinning out.) for christmas giving.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    I just rubbed Tung oil into a butter bowl my great grandfather made. I want to stitch but am tired, so sleeping may occur...

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Well, I'm enjoying cheap Katsudon from 7-Eleven right now, and am listening to the audiobook for Weston Ochse's SEAL Team 666.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    I did my christmas shopping online last week, now I'm shopping for myself. Bailed on about 3 different sites where the shipping cost was the same as the product. Product 5 bucks more, saner shipping? I'm not so cranky about that.

I'm feeling kinda old. I'm turning 49 on Thursday, but that's not it. I had a devil of a time (even grumbling under my breath) getting out of the back seat of dad's car. (He & his wife took me for an early birthday supper.)

Are the boxes of mandarin oranges later than usual and a meh price elsewhere on the planet, or is it just western Canada?

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Waiting for my lunch break in 40 minutes so I can relax a little bit. My last customer was really annoying "I understand it's not your fault and I'm not trying to beat on you but....." *verbally beats on me for another 10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Saber Dog
    commented on 's reply
    Or maybe the dirt? When I was a kid, they used to say "A peck of dirt before you die." They didn't mean a peck like a bird. They meant 8 quarts or a quarter bushel.

• ~mj~
    replied
    The higher my pain level goes, the worse the potty mouth becomes. Gotta work on that...

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    commented on 's reply
    Now that`s funny right there....

• Haplo
    replied
    Looking at the ugliest Christmas sweater I've ever seen though I suspect Mathie would like it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X