Summer Fun & Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Fun & Party

The pool has been cleaned and filled with fresh water. A variety of floating toys drift across the top of the water. The lawn has been mowed and the trees trimmed. Tables have been set up with a variety of foods and beverages. There are lounge chairs, tables and chairs, umbrellas and even a couple of cabanas for private rendezvous. Music plays from the DJ's set up on the covered patio and the patio has been turned into a dance floor. All this party needs are guests.
    Last edited by Lady_CJ; 06-03-2017, 11:23 AM.

Ah, lovely. The various weathermen are agreed that it's going to be over 30C for the next two days, therefore the grill is called for.

Wandering through the house, planning. Sundress- the dark pink one or the blue & white stripes? The sunhat is in the closet. It's white, so the blue one. Kebabs? Those lovely stuffed burgers? Portobello & swiss cheese is my favorite. The fruit stands aren't in business yet, but the stores do have apricots.
    Ah, and that mead I tried to improve with mulling spices. It does work when mixed with orange juice. Call it a screwdriver, even though the alcohol isn't distilled.

Comment

*waves to Perfect Warrior at the grill* I'll take a hamburger, if you're grilling. Is anyone tending bar or is it DIY?

Comment

"Hamburger, not a cheeseburger?" Opens cooler & tosses an 1/3 pound Angus burger above a bed of coals. *No need to skimp at a fantasy bbq*

" I brought mead, my own recipe." gesturing to a second cooler, filled with bailer-cap bottles. "Mulling spices, to keep it from being bland. I think there's some rum and the such at the table by the DJ's booth?"

(Or should I run Leopold Edwin Sinclair, my immortal character from my fanfics? I should get the hang of him again, to put a proper ending on those stories I have on an old backup CD-ROM.)

Comment

*wanders across grass* are there any Cokes in the cooler? I am dying for one. *flops down on grass with her dog bouncing around her*
          Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Looks like I'm the bartender....for now. *gets coke out of cooler and carries it over to MJ* Cute puppy.

Comment

"Can I toss you something on the grill, MJ."
              I wander over, CJ's burger on a plate that looks like a squashed figure-8, the smaller circle clearly for a glass. The chips I'm nibbling on still in a bag, dangling from my fingers, a wine cooler in the other hand.

Comment

Thanks CJ...this is Tessa, she is a MinPin. I wish I had her energy!

I`ll have a cheeseburger please PW, hold the mustard...Tessa doesn`t like mustard...

So where is everybody?
                Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Good question. All of this fine food and rink is going to go to waste. *takes a huge bite of her hamburger.* Damn PW....you're a grill master. Best burger I've had in a long time.

Comment

A banging is heard from the side of the house, then a rattling at the gate. Finally the tall wooden weathered wood swings open, the person on the other side having finally found the latch pull. A man with short straight blond hair saunters through, dressed in work denim, a carpenter's box dangling from one hand. He looks around, and settles his gaze on C.J. "Lady C! Your message said something about some equipment smoking? Sounded like an emergency."

"Mr. Sinclair." After a couple blinks she answered. "Ah no, the barbecque smoker was NOT smoking. We got it going an hour later. Didn't I text you?" Perhaps that's why we have such a small turnout, she mused. Did I do 'send all' on the smoker problem?

He cocked his head. "And the rest of the list was what was not wrong." Leo said puzzledly. "Some of it scrolled off screen- no word wrap I think is the technical term?"

CJ was frowning now. "That was an invitation. To my pool party, to open it for the season." A wincing bright smile. "I am glad you're here."

Comment

Nothing ever spoils in the land of the Garden Party!
                      Leave your troubles outside!
                      So - life is disappointing? Forget it!
                      We have no troubles here! Here life is beautiful...
                      The boys and girls are beautiful...
                      Even the orchestra is beautiful!

“A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
                      Billy Sunday

Comment

Saber arrives with two women. The first is petite and immediately scans the scene for whiskey and unguarded wallets. The second is a buxom brunette who begins looking for attractive people. Saber cautions them. "Kenzi, drinking is okay but no acquisition of rare wallets. We talked about it on the way over. These people are nice, but they aren't stupid and they are armed. Bo, they are immortal, but sucking chi without permission... is a no - no." Kenzi pouts "You're no fun." she says snagging a shot of mead as a tray passes by. "Just trying to keep you alive. Remember, Bo's claim on you means nothing here. The Light Fae have rules, the Dark Fae have less but they still have some. These people have none that apply to you. Have fun, but no stealing."

Looking around Saber realizes Bo is missing only to spot her in her bikini bouncing on the end of the diving board...a succubus attracting her prey. "Oh good grief. Okay Kenzi, I'm going to take our supplies to our hostess...behave." Saber takes a couple of bottles of glenmorangie scotch, a vat of tabouli salad, a couple of trays of Philadelphia

Comment

soft pretzels and some yellow mustard, and several packages of Sabrett hotdogs to Lady CJ. "I brought a couple of friends from the 'Lost Girl' genre', I hope you don't mind. I'll keep them on a short leash. If you combined them, you'd get Amanda...sort of."

Looking around Saber sees Bo is working the pool like a predator in a sheep's bikini and Kenzi is casually snagging another drink. Saber sighs. To himself he mutters "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for they are subtle and dangerous." Bo spots an easy target, Ritchie, and begins to flirt. Kenzi has spotted the burgers and is moving in on the meaty goodness. The amount of food and alcohol this diminutive human can put away is astounding. It comes from living on the street where she never knew where, or if, she'd get another meal.

Saber goes to Kenzi. "It is a party. You don't need to sneak food. But you do need to respect our host and fellow guests. Come on, I'll introduce you." Kenzi follows, munching on her burger. "Bo's hunting." Saber nods "He's been hunted before...not sure he knows what he's dealing with..." Kenzi giggles "She listens. Do you think he'll say no?" Saber looks at the pool and shakes his head. Ritchie has already crossed the event horizon and will be voluntarily donating some of his life force to feed the succubus, but he'll recover quickly.

Arriving where Lady CJ is Kenzi says "Hi I'm Kenzi. You have a lovely yard. The mead was excellent. I once switched bodies with Dyson and got to pee standing up with accuracy." Saber, a teetotaler, takes a shot of glenmorangie.

Comment

"It's getting hot," CJ says and sets her drink down. She pulls off her tank top, shucks off her shorts and dives into the pool. "Ahhhh....that's better."

Comment

Ritchie is confused about what Bo wants to do and is surprised to find himself growing weaker as a blue mist exits his mouth into Bo's. "You'll recover quickly." Bo says as she moves off to continue her hunt. Kenzi asks Saber "Does our hostess know our succubus is an equal opportunity chi consumer?" Saber smiles "Immortals are very resilient and Bo knows to ask permission. Although I don't know where Lady could be hiding a sword at the moment."

Kenzi casts an eye about the party looking for males. She begins to home in on Duncan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CmXR2WLCW4&t=122s

Comment

The smoker was being fueled with cherry wood. Very nice, high grade cherry wood. Witch peeved Leo to no end- in his mind such a device should be fed sawdust, with such high grade well seasoned wood used for things that would last. He had cedar sawdust at his shop, so he made up his mind to seek out the hostess of the party.

He sauntered at a slouching lope through the gate, but pulled up into a tense guard, his left hand sweeping his hip for a sword that was not there, when he saw the group around the pool. A good dozen now, the pool occupied, the diving board in use. A chesty long haired brunette in a bright pink bikini was dithering about diving off. Bouncing at the end, backing off with a light gymnastic stride and bouncing again. Leo found the sight pleasant and smiled, but long experience with courtesans and the such sounded a warning in the back of his mind.

Comment

Kenzi notes PW on her way to get close to Duncan. "Trust me, you already got lucky." she says quietly as she passes by. Saber looks about to see if Grace has arrived. It is always dangerous for her to travel, but she would not pass up such a reunion. Saber prays that Kenzi doesn't use her "shadow thief" skills to steal his underwear.

Comment

"Call out some requests!" the DJ on the patio yells, as he pulls up his musical library on his laptop.

Comment

Saber quietly hands the DY a disk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOQGGdPczmE

Comment

Happy summer solstice!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAxZotTGULE

Comment

music to sway to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

music to dance to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsZFiMo8TIc

Comment

Saber kicks back enjoys the music recalling fond memories. Kenzi is confused, but grateful nobody has broken out the greatest hits of 1482.

The next selection also fit our setting and how we got there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GONmFCkCGCc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8nEfXEGISE

Bo bounces over to the grill for a burger.

Comment

Saber notices Kenzi poking around Duncan's stuff while Duncan soaks in the tub. He casually meanders by saying quietly. "That's Duncan's. When Duncan finds someone stealing from him, he tends to try to adopt them and straighten out their morals." Kenzi's eyes open wide. "Oh hell no." Saber nods. Kenzi puts the stuff back.

Comment

Someone starts throwing ice cubes at CJ's inflated unicorn. "Hey!" she yells. The sharp edge of an ice cube pierces the unicorn's neck and the floating unicorn starts to sink.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X