ATTENTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION!

If anyone has photos linked to Photobucket third party hosting service, you need to move them to a different service as Photobucket is going to start charging $40 a month to use theirs and is cutting all links unless you pay.

well that sucks!! I haven`t used my PB account for so long I have no idea what is even in it
    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Good golly! Thanks for the warning, CJ!
      “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
      Billy Sunday

Comment

Thanks for the information. I've deleted my account since I don't use it anymore.

Comment

Thank you! I had some old pics on that site as a backup. Since I had unsubscribed from their emails, I had no idea this was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
            well that sucks!! I haven`t used my PB account for so long I have no idea what is even in it
            Same here. I know I have a lot of pics in it but can't remember the log in credentials.
            Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

I do have pictures stored there, but haven't used it in a while. It had gotten extremely slow the last few times I tried to upload a picture.
              "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

I've been having a nice time rummaging through the old pictures there and was debating about spending a bit to upgrade. They did provide a good service for a long time. But ya know what? I'm now getting ads on my phone from Photobucket saying I should upgrade. As I've been pretty careful not to mix my desktop and phone materials, and I've certainly never accessed Photobucket from my phone or given them my number, that means those suckers purchased my info just to bug me. You can't hear me swearing, but you can assume it. That little piece of ...., ...., ... intrusiveness has killed any thought I might have had of continuing with Photobucket and this afternoon I'm going to finish perusing and dump the account.
                Billy Sunday

Comment

$400 a year is a lot of money to spend for third party hosting. You can host yourself for that amount. I feel sorry for those who had 1000s of photos on their account linked to several business sites. I saw one lady on FB that said she had 1500 photos linked to 20 sites for 10 years and still only used a portion of the storage she was paying for. Now Photobucket wants her to upgrade to the bigger account. She couldn't understand why she had to pay for storage space she wasn't using. But every site had the Photobucket upgrade ad where her pictures had been and now she couldn't get in to retrieve them until she upgraded.

Comment

That's extortion! 400$! I had no idea it was that much. So, it sounds like I got off easy.
                    Billy Sunday

Comment

Working...
                    X